iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #11,597 of 13,503
Quote:
Anyone understand French? This was actually my DX100 sold to a headfier in France. And he wrote a review on it. But what did he do to the firmware?! That looks very interesting to me with all that EQ functions are so on. Anyone know what it's all about?

Thanks

He just installed a different launcher and is using an alternate music player app downloaded from the Android Market, something along the lines of PowerAmp, but yet another flavour.
Operation according to him is snappier, and the navigation easier in the player app, also visually more appealing.

However, we know only iBasso's custom music player bypasses the Android kernel that limits to 16bits/44kHz and isn't as pure in SQ. The DX100 really shows it potential with HD tracks via the custom player.

May 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #11,598 of 13,503
Quote:
He just installed a different launcher and is using an alternate music player app downloaded from the Android Market, something along the lines of PowerAmp, but yet another flavour.
Operation according to him is snappier, and the navigation easier in the player app, also visually more appealing.

However, we know only iBasso's custom music player bypasses the Android kernel that limits to 16bits/44kHz and isn't as pure in SQ. The DX100 really shows it potential with HD tracks via the custom player.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.  I am pretty interested in the EQ function in that launcher, looks like you have lots of eq bands to play with and set how much pre amp you want.

I got it, it's Gonemad, Poweramp and GoLauncher. I will definitely give it a try when I get my hand on another dx100 in the future~

Thanks wizard of oz

May 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #11,600 of 13,503
Quote:
Thanks a lot for clearing that up.  I am pretty interested in the EQ function in that launcher, looks like you have lots of eq bands to play with and set how much pre amp you want.

I got it, it's Gonemad, Poweramp and GoLauncher. I will definitely give it a try when I get my hand on another dx100 in the future~

Thanks wizard of oz

lol you're having sellers remorse now aren't you? :wink:.

May 13, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #11,601 of 13,503
hi, 

i trie dto test th e"new" FW 1.4.2 and impossible to launch any music :frowning2: nothing in album but each CD are in folder .

And in folder i tar play one files but nothing do :frowning2:

anybody have this pb ?

EDIT : Same think now with the FW 1.3.7 :frowning2: if i don't use µSD just internal memory no pb with FW 1.3.7 and when i take my µSD , scanning media and nothing in the library :frowning2:

May 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #11,604 of 13,503
i tried:

1 install news FW 1.4.2
2 Do a Reset Factory software
3 stop and wait
4 start and wait
5 insert µSD and wait
6 comeback here

PS : How cani sue the reset botton under power botton ?

EDIT : Oufff all is done now :wink: Ok the windows wih the scan media close quickly but the scan isn't finish .. so if i wait more my CD comebacl :wink: Great..

May 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #11,605 of 13,503
Yes. The reset button is below the power switch. Use a small pin or something sharp and press the reset button. You do not need to press too hard. I am not sure if that will help. I do not have any problem after upgrading to the latest firmware.

May 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #11,606 of 13,503
if you go into settings, applications, running applications, wait until the media service has stopped, this can take quite some time if you have a large microSD card, leave it for half an hour and then come back.  If the media service has gone, you should be good to go.

May 13, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #11,608 of 13,503
May 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #11,609 of 13,503
By cons they have not corrected the problem in reading order: :) (when you pass through albums and you do live album playback the files are not in order (when you do directory / artist / album playing on the album like this: (.

Forcing open the album and to play the music first then he read in the order as before :wink: (with FW 1.3.7) pfff

Why iBasso don't have correct this pb ? i don't understand :frowning2:

May 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #11,610 of 13,503
Quote:
By cons they have not corrected the problem in reading order: :) (when you pass through albums and you do live album playback the files are not in order (when you do directory / artist / album playing on the album like this: (.

Forcing open the album and to play the music first then he read in the order as before :wink: (with FW 1.3.7) pfff

Why iBasso don't have correct this pb ? i don't understand :frowning2:

Are your tags and file names in order? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back