iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #11,521 of 13,503
for me, the new firmware 1.4.2 offers more weight in the music and bass impact is greater.
prat wise a little more aggressive than it needed to be and it can get a little annoying with some faster tracks moving faster than it need be.
micro details seems to have been pushed into the background further (it's still there but harder to catch).

That said, i do find the new firmware enjoyable. May not be my favorite but it does fare well with 1.2.7 and 1.3.7, all of which have their own strengths.

May 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #11,522 of 13,503
Anyone ordered their DX100 recently? It's been almost 3 days and there's no tracking number or confirmation email that it has been shipped or anything. I guess it's going to show up at my door before the tracking number comes. 

May 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #11,523 of 13,503
Quote:
Anyone ordered their DX100 recently? It's been almost 3 days and there's no tracking number or confirmation email that it has been shipped or anything. I guess it's going to show up at my door before the tracking number comes. 

Holidays in China..

They are back tomorrow!!!

May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #11,526 of 13,503
Quote:

I had the same experience with you at the time of my order. I just sent them another email about my concerns, and then I received another email with the tracking info shortly. Do not panic.

May 2, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #11,528 of 13,503
Quote:
I stil find the sound in 1.2.7 to be slightly superior to 1.4.2. That, plus playlists still being in reverse order in 1.4.2 makes it an easy decision to switch back to 1.2.7 for me.

What is the difference for you, what do you hear?

May 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #11,529 of 13,503
Quote:
I stil find the sound in 1.2.7 to be slightly superior to 1.4.2. That, plus playlists still being in reverse order in 1.4.2 makes it an easy decision to switch back to 1.2.7 for me.

Yes, what is up with the playlists ?! I mailed them like 5 times explaining the problem and they never understand ! Once they changed it in the widget and not in the player. How hard can it be.

May 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #11,530 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes, what is up with the playlists ?! I mailed them like 5 times explaining the problem and they never understand ! Once they changed it in the widget and not in the player. How hard can it be.

Well mimou I notice these players tend to do thing backwards in comparison to what Western folks are use to. Such as the micro SD card slot being in reverse and I guess the playlists being in reverse :wink:...

May 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #11,533 of 13,503
Quote:
for me, the new firmware 1.4.2 offers more weight in the music and bass impact is greater.
prat wise a little more aggressive than it needed to be and it can get a little annoying with some faster tracks moving faster than it need be.
micro details seems to have been pushed into the background further (it's still there but harder to catch).

That said, i do find the new firmware enjoyable. May not be my favorite but it does fare well with 1.2.7 and 1.3.7, all of which have their own strengths.

kenz, totally agree with you. 

For the D-fiter, I usually turn on the Sharp roll-off for previous firmware version.  But, after installed 1.4.2, I have to choose Slow roll-off instead when hearing up-beat songs.  Using Sharp off, vocal and instrument get too fast and really aggressive on up-beat / dance songs. 

May 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #11,534 of 13,503
Hi,
A really good looking player for Android
http://gonemadmusicplayer.blogspot.ru/
highly customizable, probably the best interface I have seen ever. Displays up to 6 full-size tags in "Now Playing mode", can browse by folder, wrap long filenames/tags, etc.
Updated very often, one can suggest improvements on the forum...
For me it looks as an ideal companion to DX100
Probably, if one day iBasso will disclose the DX100 API, this player (GMMP) could be tuned to sound on a par with the DX100 internal player.

May 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #11,535 of 13,503
My Batch 3 DX100's battery was getting worn out, the battery indicator was broken, and this weekend the charger connection stopped working. I reported the problem and shortly thereafter, got authorization to send it in for maintenance. I dropped it off at FedEx Tuesday night, earlier today it cleared through customs, and I just got notification that it was delivered to IBasso. $90 to ship, not that bad for two-day service to China.

Anyway, they're going to hopefully fix everything, and install a new battery--just a $15 charge for the battery. I'm using my backup Sansa Fuze with Rockbox for the time-being--not all that bad with noise-cancelling headphones, but using the headphone jack of the Fuze for home and car use after the having the DX100 for a year is a bit painful. Hopefully I'll get my renovated DX100 back next week. 

One thing I did realize though after temporarily going back to the Rockboxed Fuze, is that it would be nice if IBasso could go add more functional features that Rockbox has. For example, go beyond gapless (which is still glitchy for me--I still hear a brief pop in the beginning of the next song), and add some cross-fading features that Rockbox has. The gapless on IBasso cuts off some of the end of the outgoing song and the beginning of the incoming song, instead of mixing like Rockbox. Maybe the V2 framework will have this, or whatever firmware comes with the DX50.

Also I do miss Rockbox's speed. Swapping micro SD cards on the Sansa Fuze takes seconds, and there's almost no latency--like 2 seconds, when adding or deleting songs to the card. With IBasso, that can sometimes take over an hour. Like a lot of you, I put up with the delay because the sound is so incredible, but 64 GB is not a lot of space for 24 bit music--it would be awesome if these high-end players wouldn't take forever to index or whatever the hell they do for an hour after changing content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back