iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #10,081 of 13,503
Quote:
Hmm.. I might need to reload the firmware.

If I change where a song is, like clicking ahead into the song, I may get a slight click but this is unusual in that I normally don't do this so I don't see it as any kind of issue. Song to song is seamless. So far, very happy. The firmware has come a very long ways. I imagine it got cleaned up a lot. I am sure figgie had some great input, so thank you figgie! It is also exciting that iBasso is so willing to work with people and remain open minded on possibilities.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #10,082 of 13,503
Double post. Guess I am trying to run my post count up! lol

-------------------

Is it possible I am hearing more detail with the new software? More micro detail? More time needed.

It seems like there is a stronger bass response, not sure more listening. I did notice that the EQ was on so I went in and closed it.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #10,083 of 13,503
Just a heads up , might help I bought the HDPr10 from Japan . The firmware they have has everything removed including play store . In short it is just a player with stock player only.
My point is it works great sounds great . All functions work fine and I am useing 64 gig sd cards .

If Japan desided to remove all other software maybe it's what you guys should try doing. One observation is it is slow changing tracks and beginning tracks but never faults .

Just my observation .

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #10,084 of 13,503
The reason for the slow changing tracks is that it needs to to a compare of the old song vs new song specifically for the bit rate and freq change. If there is none. it moves along. ONLY when there is a change in bit depth or freq rate will the ESS be reset. WIll test later on tonight. See if they addressed the GPS and 2g/3g issue. Also wondering about file sorting now.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #10,085 of 13,503
Quote:
Double post. Guess I am trying to run my post count up! lol

-------------------

Is it possible I am hearing more detail with the new software? More micro detail? More time needed.

It seems like there is a stronger bass response, not sure more listening. I did notice that the EQ was on so I went in and closed it.

Just what both of us need.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #10,087 of 13,503
I have the new update on my DX100:)

Listening with the FitEar ToGo! 334

The primary change that I am hearing is that the bass has been cleaned up. There is more impact and solidity. Less bloat, comparatively.  Mids and highs seems to be as detailed as ever but appears more so due to the lack of the bass bloat mentioned earlier. 

The sound is a lot faster, and micro details seems to be coming to the forefront cleaner and clearer. Music seems to have more drive with much better PRaT. Ambiance and space appears more charged, especially in live recordings.

More listening.......

For me, it appears quite an improvement
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #10,090 of 13,503
Quote:
Waiting for more "white mice" before updating mine again....
tongue_smile.gif

Well it is only a 20 minutes process, and it is not as if you can't go back......I am preferring this update quite a lot.

It does appear as iBasso is slowly but surely unleashing the true sonic capabilities of the DX100 on us now!!! It is definitely staying in my possession for a while longer 
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #10,093 of 13,503
Been listening to the new firmware update with my He-500. and i must say the bass does has more impact and this new update definately gives the sound more energy to the music. The scanning seems quicker and it seems like i can flip through music quicker? Maybe that part is placebo. but i can definately feel more energy with the music

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #10,094 of 13,503
At first, well after a short listen, I felt like I was getting too much bass but now I am not. . . Also I notice the detail and imaging has gone up a few notches! Good but I have to re-orientate my head to the sound, I mean it is very detailed and very layered and wide but not unnatural in the width, just very open. :^) Wow, so transparent!

And yes, I agree with above, this is very fast now.

It is amazing how the DX100 keeps morphing, and getting better! crazy.

Damn, I am listing to acoustical Dwight Yoakam and the guitar and voice is so dynamic and right. It Never sounded this good. So dynamic and raw!

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #10,095 of 13,503
Quote:

But it's really gapless now. The first second of the song is back!! 
size]
...However, the response seems to be a second slower. not a issue for me:)

No, it's not really gapless. They might have fixed that fade-in issue when changing tracks, but it's still pretty bad as far as a clean transition between gapless tracks. WinAmp is the only player I've seen that has a truly gapless playback. I think iBasso has taken a step backwards in the transport controls with this release. Manual track changes are less responsive and I hear hiccups when manually changing tracks. That, plus the playlist reverse-order problem means back to the previous version for me. Doesn't the iBasso team even listen to music and play with it before releasing an update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back