iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Nov 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #9,001 of 13,503
Quote:
I dont know much about the dx100 i know its suppose to sound great i know its expensive but from what ive been reading i get the impression this player is not ready for primetime just yet am i wrong ?  isnt r&d suppose to be done before  a product is released. i see firmware update here firmware update there .Is this normal procedure now! The only thing this tells me is wait,like a year or so! What do you guys think!

I guess it is the way things are now a days, Look at all the bugs and problems with iOS 6 and it's updates.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=problems+with+iOS+6&qpvt=problems+with+iOS+6&FORM=EWRE

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #9,002 of 13,503
i think only Sony is the only company who releases firmware updates the least haha.. like, v1.0 and thats it. Sony could release a firmware or two but it will took alot of time for them to release one IME.

IMO firmware updates are normal if it gets released as long as it actually does get improvements, not like 2 improvements here and 8 problems there. the 1.2.7 firmware is really good though, i hope the last firmware with figgie completely resolves most, if not all, problems!

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #9,003 of 13,503
Quote:
i think only Sony is the only company who releases firmware updates the least haha.. like, v1.0 and thats it. Sony could release a firmware or two but it will took alot of time for them to release one IME.

IMO firmware updates are normal if it gets released as long as it actually does get improvements, not like 2 improvements here and 8 problems there. the 1.2.7 firmware is really good though, i hope the last firmware with figgie completely resolves most, if not all, problems!

I am in my late fiftys i guess thats why i have a hard time with tech stuff and the upgradability of it. Before stuff was either good or bad ,not potentialy good . But i guess if i would be rich i would not care as much.Its alwals the bang for the buck thing,ah well.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #9,006 of 13,503
Quote:
Agreed  it really dies fast from 40  down

Same. Even after calibrating it I notice this very fast drain. Kinda has you all happy at first and then all of a sudden its zapped lol. Trickery.
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #9,007 of 13,503
So it was said that the Google Play will have adverse effect on the SQ? Really interesting. On the other hand, I am afraid if they remove Google Play, it will impact the usability of the dx100, namely, I need to download the apk and run the installation myself each time I need to install/update my apps?

I may just better stick with 1.2.7 if they really remove Google Play in later firmware....
confused_face.gif

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #9,008 of 13,503
Eh ? removing google play is kinda... weird especially if you are using android as an OS instead of a specialized PMP build , since that is basically the appeal of the 800 ++ ibasso compared to the other DAP

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #9,009 of 13,503
I have a question for you guys.
How do I transfer my iTunes library into my DX100?
and will all the album covers and information about the song (album, singer etc. I edited myself in iTunes) remain the same?

Thank you

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #9,010 of 13,503
Quote:
I have a question for you guys.
How do I transfer my iTunes library into my DX100?
and will all the album covers and information about the song (album, singer etc. I edited myself in iTunes) remain the same?

Thank you

Drag'n'drop to the Music folder of the DX100 or straight into the µSD you might have purchased on top. All covers and information will be retained, but I recommend you create an artist folder and album sub-folder for organisational purposes, since drag'n'drop from iTunes doesn't automatically create that on the DX100, it uses the ID3 tag information to display everything correctly. In fact, of all the different codecs I have on my DX100, it displays .m4a / ALAC the quickest, loading album art straight on start-up, whereas with the FLAC album art, it takes playing a track of that album to display the cover.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #9,012 of 13,503
well Li-Po battery like NiCa battery suffer from the same ailments,

get to a certain point and the discharge rate increases unlike alkiline that is fairly linear all the way to when the device dies. :/

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #9,013 of 13,503
[size=10pt]I have to admit, the new firmware update is amazing[/size][size=medium]. Especially if it is your first upgrade.  Great job ibasso. [/size]

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #9,014 of 13,503
Gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any on this thread), I bear great news!

I'd like to thank everyone who was willing to donate towards figgies DX100 debug unit. I just heard back from iBasso and their response is tremendous. Their dedication to their customers makes me giddy with glee. Fang could learn a thing or two.

As far as my opinion is concerned, the DX100's potential to be the ultimate audiophile DAP has just exploded. Please read the reply they sent me to see what I mean.

--------------------------------------------------

"Dear Jan,
Thank you for your email first.
We can provide Figgie an absolutely free unit if all you guys consider this is necessary.

Before sending Figgie a DX100, I have to tell the following first. The difficulty for developing the 24/192 playback software isnt the ESS driver.  Android OS use Audioflinger, which only can produce 16/44.1.  We have our own API for the DX100's music player to achieve 24/192 playback.  We are planning to open this API to some software companies in the near future to develop third party players for the DX100. Before Figgie get those API, I think it is a tough task to develop a 24/192 playback software for the DX100.

Anyway, we will contact Figgie and send him a free DX100.  Also, we will contact Figgie when we are ready to provide the API.

Best Regards,
iBasso Audio"

--------------------------------------------------

Open source firmware! I'm unaware of the exact technical hardware and software limitations but my imagination wanders to a potential Rockbox port for the DX100! Or Android 4.0 development! Or a boot directly to the music player foregoing the majority of Android processes and burdens to improve battery life and response times!

The niggly little details that bother us about the current firmware can all be fixed at a faster rate if the open source community is in on the development.

I am going to pour myself a drink as I feel that this is a victory. Figgie, please enjoy your DX100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back