iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #8,611 of 13,503
Quote:

It may have something to do with how your tracks were encoded? Are they FLAC? I remember I had an issue similar to this on 1.1.7 with one of my Expose' albums and until I expanded the files back to WAV and re-encoded them with Flac Frontend that the problem stopped. The tracks would take a long time to load and start playing music. Unless maybe something is up with your tags? I remove all extra junk and ensure there is only the FLAC tag an no other versions attached to the file as this will cause problems.

i think on last firmware i had a problem with a lp that wouldnt play .It was flac,but in dbpower amp i converted it to flac(odd i know) and it plays now

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #8,612 of 13,503
Just updated to 1.2.7 last night, right after this thread reached p573 
biggrin.gif

During the update there was no problem except the long media scan and clearance of playlist after update (I have only one playlist tho)

Overall the update is great, sound improved when EQ is off, UI seems more responsive. I haven't test the sleep mode, but seems they have also fixed the battery drain during sleep.

Plus that I have just got the silicon case and screen protector (the stock screen protector was junk 
mad.gif
 ) from ibasso JP, so now my DX100 is just like a new unit, both in terms of SQ and the outlook 
beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #8,613 of 13,503
I left my device in sleep mode for 1.5 hours, it drained 6% from 34% -> 28%
is my device refuse to go to sleep? 
just to make it clear, one press of power button put the device into sleep right? 
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #8,614 of 13,503
Quote:
I left my device in sleep mode for 1.5 hours, it drained 6% from 34% -> 28%
is my device refuse to go to sleep? 
just to make it clear, one press of power button put the device into sleep right? 
tongue.gif

I'm not sure about that. I tend to kill the music app, google crap and the settings process before manually putting it into sleep. I do this by attempting to turn the power off and pressing yes the first time. It will prompt you to press yes again. This time you just turn the screen off. Always worked for me this way. Seems when music stops playing on its own though it will go into a form of sleep as well.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #8,615 of 13,503
Quote:
Just updated to 1.2.7 last night, right after this thread reached p573 
biggrin.gif

During the update there was no problem except the long media scan and clearance of playlist after update (I have only one playlist tho)

Overall the update is great, sound improved when EQ is off, UI seems more responsive. I haven't test the sleep mode, but seems they have also fixed the battery drain during sleep.

Plus that I have just got the silicon case and screen protector (the stock screen protector was junk 
mad.gif
 ) from ibasso JP, so now my DX100 is just like a new unit, both in terms of SQ and the outlook 
beerchug.gif

Hi, are you saying the new screen protector in general is better that the stock ?...I thought the retail screen protector was exactly the same as the stock one ?

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #8,616 of 13,503
Quote:
What chameleon song mate ? ive somehow missed that original reference ?

Trentemøller - Chameleon

My favorite track for testing bass performance. A constantly changing, DEEP, powerful bassline under several intricate layers forming a very complex, yet never cluttered soundscape. Found on the album "The Last Resort" by Trentemøller.

And it sounds perfect on the 1.2.7 firmware with my 8.A!

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #8,618 of 13,503
I found the battery drains at different rate on different battery levels..

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #8,619 of 13,503
It also depends on use of the unit.

Every battery is slightly different too.

Spun out from my RenovateD and NCX'd HTC One X!

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #8,620 of 13,503
Quote:
Trentemøller - Chameleon

My favorite track for testing bass performance. A constantly changing, DEEP, powerful bassline under several intricate layers forming a very complex, yet never cluttered soundscape. Found on the album "The Last Resort" by Trentemøller.

Hi Sorensiim.  Have you ever used Shure E500 IEMs?  Just wondering how they compare to the 8.As?  I have the Shures...love them for travel, but just thinking about an upgrade and looking for opinions from people who have used both (anyone else who has used both, please feel free to chime in).

Thanks - David

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #8,621 of 13,503
Quote:
Trentemøller - Chameleon

Thanks mate

ill look that one up

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #8,622 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm not sure about that. I tend to kill the music app, google crap and the settings process before manually putting it into sleep. I do this by attempting to turn the power off and pressing yes the first time. It will prompt you to press yes again. This time you just turn the screen off. Always worked for me this way. Seems when music stops playing on its own though it will go into a form of sleep as well.

Hey Lee

I wanna be sure i understand

You hold power button to where it warns or prompts to power off ,you hit power off , then your warned it will shut down ,and here you dont hit the prompts,
one being ok the other being cance,you simply shut off screen and leave it that way ?

Ideal for me tho is falling asleep with music on ,and having it shut down/sleep itself ,and not killing the battery .Does it appear it doesnt do this very well
yet ?

Cheers

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #8,623 of 13,503
Yeah this seems to be the sure method for me at least. I make sure to kill any running process in settings other than the anroid keyboard (kill settings as well but do it last as it will force you from settings menu). Once you attempt to shut the player off you press  Power Off. Then it will prompt you again with yes or no. This time just press the power button again to turn off screen. It seems to go into automatic sleep once music stops playing. Like if you intended on playing a single allbum and it finishes playing that album it will go into sleep by itself.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #8,624 of 13,503
Quote:
Yeah this seems to be the sure method for me at least. I make sure to kill any running process in settings other than the anroid keyboard (kill settings as well but do it last as it will force you from settings menu). Once you attempt to shut the player off you press  Power Off. Then it will prompt you again with yes or no. This time just press the power button again to turn off screen. It seems to go into automatic sleep once music stops playing. Like if you intended on playing a single allbum and it finishes playing that album it will go into sleep by itself.

Tnx again

im testing your way now ,i was at 100% ,but doing settings shut down etc im at 99%

ill give it 8 hours and have a peek see

Cheers

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #8,625 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi Sorensiim.  Have you ever used Shure E500 IEMs?  Just wondering how they compare to the 8.As?  I have the Shures...love them for travel, but just thinking about an upgrade and looking for opinions from people who have used both (anyone else who has used both, please feel free to chime in).

Thanks - David

OK, I just read your review of the 4.ai, so now I'd like to re-phrase my question: E500 Vs 4.a1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back