iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 28, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #7,577 of 13,503
Quote:
How does the iBasso DX100 sounds with Sennheiser HD800?
Somewhere on this forum I reat it can't drive them properly, somewhere in other forums that a little hiss comes around... here in this topic someone said that, instead, it is a great set up. Anyone could say something more?

Hey mate

when i 1st got my unit i unplugged my HD800s from my custom RSA sr71B  cables and put in stock
sennheiser cables

i found the HDs woefully underpowered . At least compared to using the dx100 with Sr71b

It still sounded nice n detailed etc but well underpowered .

Maybe just maybe i didnt give it nuff of a chance . Maybe ill try again , BUT i hate plugging n unplugging them cables all
the time

ive never heard HDs thru a full sized amp ,im wondering how well in comparison Sr71b is banging them

With black / death metal cranked i usually kill all sound around me , but toonz like Van Morrison/supertramp

i am aware of my surroundings

PS odd im still not gettin email updates on this thread , for maybe a few weeks now , tho i have such set

Cheers

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #7,578 of 13,503
Quote:
I would be very, very surprised if there was any hiss from the DX100. I found the Alo Rx Mk IIIb to be a noisy li'l person compared to the DX100, both with my CIEMs, but also the HE-500. 

Wow that is bad. I thought the ALO MKIII would have a black background. Well scratch that for sure at such a price range. The DX100 does have a very slight hiss on medium gain and more so on high gain. Nothing major or intrusive though during music playback. This is with very sensitive IEMs however. With cans I doubt you'll hear hiss period. The way I see it though is as long as I don't hear hiss during music playback (even very low volume listening or low volume passages) then why worry?

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #7,580 of 13,503
I am loving the sound of this thing but I gotta say that its wifi implementation just sucks :)

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #7,581 of 13,503
Quote:
I am loving the sound of this thing but I gotta say that its wifi implementation just sucks :)

Funny how you say it with a smile :wink:. It's no biggy for me as I didn't buy this player for Wifi capability. Honestly if they could have come up with their own OS that is much more to the point, accurate and dedicated to the DX100 I'd much rather have that than crappy android. Seems android has only hindered this players sound quality throughout the updates with its obvious limitations.

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #7,582 of 13,503
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. Luckily, I always have wifi turned off 
happy_face1.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #7,583 of 13,503
i never use the dx100's wifi as well. heck, my unit is still using android market!

theres always my smartphone or ipod touch to do the wifi when im outside.

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #7,584 of 13,503
Quote:
Anybody managed to find a nice leather case for this yet?

I've been delaying my visit to Norêve headquarters in St-Trop' for too long. I thought I would get there earlier this summer, on other business in the vicinity, but that hasn't turned out that way. It's silly really, there is so little modification needed to the case by them I currently use, just changing the SD slots for µSD slots, and deciding whether to keep the closed flip-over design, or go for open which then needs their rigidifying plastics. Size is already perfect.
Some time in September.

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #7,585 of 13,503
Quote:
i never use the dx100's wifi as well. heck, my unit is still using android market!

theres always my smartphone or ipod touch to do the wifi when im outside.

Do you know when those silicone cases will be available? I'd really like to get one of those. But am worried it will exasperate the heat issues....

Aug 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #7,586 of 13,503
Quote:
I just got my unit yesterday and when I plug my 1964 Quads in, I hear this faint static noise. Do you guys/gals have the same experience with custom iems paired with DX100?

I do with my fairly sensitive Westone 4's. I emailed iBasso and they said there should be zero noise due to the (from memory) -117db noisefloor. They told me to send it in although I haven't yet because it's a minor issue and I'm enjoying my DX100 way too much despite my pet hate of hiss, noise and distortion.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #7,587 of 13,503
Quote:

I do with my fairly sensitive Westone 4's. I emailed iBasso and they said there should be zero noise due to the (from memory) -117db noisefloor. They told me to send it in although I haven't yet because it's a minor issue and I'm enjoying my DX100 way too much despite my pet hate of hiss, noise and distortion.

I only get noise from my Heir 8.A on high gain with the volume north of 200. Actually turning on music at that level would pretty much ensure hearing damage, so not really an issue. On medium gain, volume 180 (my "loud listening" setting) I hear absolutely nothing, not the slightest hint of noise or static as long as wifi isn't enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back