iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #7,142 of 13,503
Quote:
I am finding I like my DX100 in standby and left plugged in. Seems a little more transparent, which I have also found with some other audio equipment. 

I agree with you especially on the last two updates. On the initial firmware, it was quite noisy when listening plugged in.

It is a battery killer though, I think
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #7,143 of 13,503
Quote:

I agree with you especially on the last two updates. On the initial firmware, it was quite noisy when listening plugged in.

It is a battery killer though, I think
confused_face_2.gif

Not really, if you mean that it keeps charging. Once the battery is charged, the charging shuts off. I have put a lot of time on my DX and the battery when off of the charger, does very good. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #7,144 of 13,503
i dont think the battery shuts off when it is full. i had numerous times that when i forgot to unplug the dx100 and took a nap, when i wake up the dx100 is insanely hot. i really mean hot, not warm! i hope it didnt burn any internal parts inside.

this also happens when playing and charging for a long time, which I only did once. scary.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #7,145 of 13,503
Quote:
i dont think the battery shuts off when it is full. i had numerous times that when i forgot to unplug the dx100 and took a nap, when i wake up the dx100 is insanely hot. i really mean hot, not warm! i hope it didnt burn any internal parts inside.

That's never happened to me - it's always been cool.  If yours is staying hot it's probably an indication that it is in standby mode rather than off - nothing to do with the charger.

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #7,146 of 13,503
Mine tends to get a  bit warm as well while continuing to listen to music once it has fully charged. Not sure if this is bad or not but I figured it would be bad to constantly drain down the battery as well...

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #7,147 of 13,503
For those who are experiencing their files playing files in wrong\random order, I dont know if this has been mentioned already but I just experienced it too and it dawned on me that people may not have noticed that the random play feature was turned on....as it took me a little while to click.

I dont know if I accidentally touched the option with my big fat fingers or if the player did it itself, but my play order changed to random.
On both the widget and the main player in the bottom left corner are two arrows
--->
--->

Mine changed to the crossover icon which meant that the player was playing the music randomly....could this be the issue some people have been experiencing?

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #7,148 of 13,503
Quote:
Mine changed to the crossover icon which meant that the player was playing the music randomly....could this be the issue some people have been experiencing?

Not my issue.  I still haven't figured out the widget thing but now that Sorensiim pointed out the artist option in the other player view I am now fine.  I updated my album title tags on the weekend to include the year at the start because I wanted albums within an artist to play chronologically, and slightly annoyed that the player logic ignores those and still plays alphabetically, but that's minor.

Incidentally, I also found that the EQ scrolls for other pre-mapped options, but like most other users I am finding that EQ off gives the best sound.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #7,149 of 13,503
I just wanted to remind folks not to overlook the DX100 user manual that is available for download from the iBasso website. It addresses many of the questions posted here on the thread.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #7,151 of 13,503
The DX100 user guide is the first thing listed on the 1st page. It is very helpful and the link makes it very easy to view the guide. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #7,152 of 13,503
I approach it the same way Sorenslim, the data tells a big story. Once you establish the device is delivering high quality data you can turn to the subjective to seperate the qualia amongst the remaining contenders and hence my reference to the subjective portion of a review. I have listened to many devices that sound "interesting" but in no way are representative of the original. I have a Colorfly CK4 right now that I'm listening to. It is quite a capable, inexpensive device (for flac files at least).

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #7,153 of 13,503
i was supposed to order an extra battery pack with free back panel? but i guess the back panel isnt free anymore. just so you guys know.

The charger is 6USD.
The battery pack is 15USD.
The back cover is 8USD.
These price are shipping excluded.

Shipping is 16USD to our country (asia)

also bought an 32gb apacer class10 microsd card for 20usd... with lifetime warranty since i bought it directly from the distributor =)

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #7,155 of 13,503
The update was suppose to be around the corner. Although I am quite happy with the Stock Players sound quality. Not sure if I'd use Power Amp too much. Then again maybe Power Amp may sound better on the revision as well :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back