iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3,166 of 13,503

Quote:
Just ran into a trouble - after copying additional files into my DX100, the music player simply won't load! It entered into a blank screen and the android error message kept popping up saying that the music player is not responding and ask if I want to 'End Task' or to 'Continue Waiting'.

I have rebooted the DX100 and everything but to no avail.

Woah! that's trippy! I'm literally in the middle of experiencing exactly the same thing!

Mine's also saying my DAP has no music, but there's several gbs on the SD card

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3,167 of 13,503
I wish I could de-Chinese the entire player.  Having those buttons there is annoying.

I tried to remove the back case of my newly upgraded DX100 when it arrived today, to no avail.  Has anyone else tried to pop the back case off, they claimed they upgraded it to make it easier to remove.  It doesn't just fall off now, although I haven't tried to pry it.  My previous case had scratches on it so they clearly replaced it with something.

Player sounds fine.  Wish the screen was more sensitive/responsive.  Swiping left/right takes a few tries usually.  

I've heard of that loading thing happening to a few other people too.  Sometimes it shows that warning for a second or two then I tell it to wait and then it's fine.  It could be because of the vast amount of music that's on some people's players.  iBasso needs to work on that since this player is dysfunctional for a lot of people.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #3,168 of 13,503
Oh, now it's stopped saying there's no music on the DAP, but it's saying 'Activity List Manager (in application Music) is not responding' - 'Force Close' (or) 'Wait'

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #3,169 of 13,503

Quote:
Woah! that's trippy! I'm literally in the middle of experiencing exactly the same thing!

Mine's also saying my DAP has no music, but there's several gbs on the SD card

I reset the device and it brings me into the player, with no music. Can't get anywhere. Can't even bring up the player's option menu.

Just installed poweramp and poweramp works. Now that is dumb.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #3,170 of 13,503
Sometimes you have to wait a while for it to index all the music.  Turn it on and hang out for a bit.  Then see if your music shows up, or cycle it on & off.  Remember that it's wrangling with a crapload of data.  There aren't really that many 24/192 players out there.

I always press wait and it resolves itself.  

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #3,171 of 13,503
Quote:
I wish I could de-Chinese the entire player.  Having those buttons there is annoying.

I tried to remove the back case of my newly upgraded DX100 when it arrived today, to no avail.  Has anyone else tried to pop the back case off, they claimed they upgraded it to make it easier to remove.  It doesn't just fall off now, although I haven't tried to pry it.  My previous case had scratches on it so they clearly replaced it with something.

Player sounds fine.  Wish the screen was more sensitive/responsive.  Swiping left/right takes a few tries usually.  

I've heard of that loading thing happening to a few other people too.  Sometimes it shows that warning for a second or two then I tell it to wait and then it's fine.  It could be because of the vast amount of music that's on some people's players.  iBasso needs to work on that since this player is dysfunctional for a lot of people.

It still has a couple of the internal clips so it doesn't just slide off. Same clips but fewer. 
Quote:
Oh, now it's stopped saying there's no music on the DAP, but it's saying 'Activity List Manager (in application Music) is not responding' - 'Force Close' (or) 'Wait'

I had the same problem, reset and let it boot up and waited and it is working. Poweramp reads the micro card for me but not internal memory. The UI of the player is now recognizing all of the music, this after loading more on the internal memory, resetting and waiting a bit. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #3,172 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:

I had the same problem, reset and let it boot up and waited and it is working. Poweramp reads the micro card for me but not internal memory. The UI of the player is now recognizing all of the music, this after loading more on the internal memory, resetting and waiting a bit. 

Yeah, it seems to be working now. I reset it a few times but to tell you the truth, I think it was just a waiting game rather than actually requiring multiple resets. Incidentally, I have zero loaded on internal memory, just on the SD card.

Now listening to Eagles 'Hotel California' (24-192) and the bass line sounds nice and full and warm. The kick drum at the beginning really kicks, like I've never heard it on a DAP (using UM Miracles). It's not 'subterranean' on the Miracles, but nonetheless it does kick very well - so much so, it makes my right eardrum tingle
blink.gif
!!

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #3,173 of 13,503
Yeah mine seems to work now too. Reset 3 times and it worked immediately after the last reset.
Maybe it is just to timing coincidence =D

I am running in burn in files now.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #3,174 of 13,503

Try and get a listen to "These Days" on the album, It All Starts With This One (2011) by Ane Brun. 

Serious rumble on this song, with real instruments and the swirling drums are delicious!!!

Quote:
Yeah, it seems to be working now. I reset it a few times but to tell you the truth, I think it was just a waiting game rather than actually requiring multiple resets. Incidentally, I have zero loaded on internal memory, just on the SD card.

Now listening to Eagles 'Hotel California' (24-192) and the bass line sounds nice and full and warm. The kick drum at the beginning really kicks, like I've never heard it on a DAP (using UM Miracles). It's not 'subterranean' on the Miracles, but nonetheless it does kick very well - so much so, it makes my right eardrum tingle
blink.gif
!!

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #3,176 of 13,503

Quote:
Try and get a listen to "These Days" on the album, It All Starts With This One (2011) by Ane Brun. 

Serious rumble on this song, with real instruments and the swirling drums are delicious!!!

What style of singer is she? What kind of music?

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #3,177 of 13,503
i just tried putting my DX100 in my front jeans pocket and its comfy as heck, i mean its really no problem at all although it is mildly bulging but still very comfortable. I dont know maybe i have fat jeans pockets or something but i am a skinny dude lol 145lb. I mean this makes a killer portable setup seriously. Combine this DX100 with some quality custom in ears and you have a sick portable setup man no need for those 3 or 4 layer bricks.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #3,178 of 13,503

Quote:
i just tried putting my DX100 in my front jeans pocket and its comfy as heck, i mean its really no problem at all although it is mildly bulging but still very comfortable. I dont know maybe i have fat jeans pockets or something but i am a skinny dude lol 145lb. I mean this makes a killer portable setup seriously. Combine this DX100 with some quality custom in ears and you have a sick portable setup man no need for those 3 or 4 layer bricks.

And it may have the effect of making you more popular with the ladies! 
wink_face.gif

I'm impressed with the micro details I'm hearing through the DX100 that I've literally never noticed before. For example, on Michael Jackson's 'The Girl is Mine', I've just noticed there is a bird chirping at the beginning that I never even knew was there! Am also hearing loads of audience noises (this can be a double-edged sword, of course) in live recordings, that I never noticed before - even in crummy low-bitrate youtube videos.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #3,180 of 13,503

Lots of tracks showed noise never heard it before.

Quote:
And it may have the effect of making you more popular with the ladies! 
wink_face.gif

I'm impressed with the micro details I'm hearing through the DX100 that I've literally never noticed before. For example, on Michael Jackson's 'The Girl is Mine', I've just noticed there is a bird chirping at the beginning that I never even knew was there! Am also hearing loads of audience noises (this can be a double-edged sword, of course) in live recordings, that I never noticed before - even in crummy low-bitrate youtube videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back