iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #646 of 13,503
really couldn't find it? they are all mentioned in the last few pages.

1. iBasso replied it is user-replaceable but they will need to provide instruction on how to do so.
2. From my personal experience playing only 16/44.1 ALAC and 24/96-192 FLAC, should be about 7 hours. 
3. If you are referring to the 2nd batch, it was previously mentioned pre-order for 2nd batch should be end of this month.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #648 of 13,503
If the price is the same for Ibasso DX100 and Colorfly C4 wich will you buy?
Can C4 be used as a DAC to hear from a laptop?thanks

C4 can be used as a dac with spdif in so I have bought a FireStone RedKey for that purpose.

As to which is better I'm not sure there is an answer, depends on your priorities

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #649 of 13,503
I found the answer to all three questions within 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randius

Definitely been answered already, but I don't feel like replying

This is how most people feel towards your previous post regarding your not "feeling like searching." 

And I wouldn't call others names if I were you... There's a certain "person" watching. 
biggrin.gif

=========================================

If preorders go up the end of this month, I wonder when the orders will ship out. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #650 of 13,503
x2

It's amazing how many times the same questions have been asked over and over in this thread. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #651 of 13,503
It's not the matter of asking questions that have been answered really; it's as easy to answer such questions as to search for them, which means we cannot reserve the right to force people to use the search button.
It's more of that statement that he "did not feel like searching" that hit the nail.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #652 of 13,503
Jeez, people are still riled up? Doesn't take much to do it here, I guess.
Look, I did multiple google searches on the ibasso Before I asked and came up with nothing, even used head-fI as a tag. Had I known that google and head-fI don't play nice I never would have asked here. Now that I know that it's better to do searches with the local searchbox instead of relying on google ,you'll never hear me asking redundant questions again. Capish.
How bout we all move on and  talk about something more interesting instead? like new details on this sweet player or new reviews :)

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #653 of 13,503

Quote:

[Personal Experience]

There was no user manual provided and iBasso should come up with a manual to help with familiarizing with the custom player in the DX100.

Built-wise, it is simply fantastic, as evident from the recent range of products such as D12, P4, D7 etc. In my opinion, it looks far better than the brick-like Hifiman HM801 and a lot less flamboyant than the Colorfly C4. The top and bottom halves are made of aluminium alloy and securely put together. I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference between this and other Made-In-Japan/Germany products. However, I think iBasso should provide a plug/cover for the 6.3mm port.

Listening to it out of the box with my 1964 Ears quad driver customs and stock cable (still waiting for my Twag to come back from RMA), I can only say that the headphone out is already good enough to trump my previous setups such as iPhone 4 + D12 via LOD and better H120 + D10 via optical. I do not hear any noise/hiss when the DX100 is switched on and not playing music. It is more musical sounding and has bigger and convincing sound stage than both setups and DX100 is almost as clean-sounding as the H120 + D10 via optical. Listening to the same classical tracks on DX100 is more enjoyable due to the added depth in sound stage. It is also capable of driving HD600 and LCD 3 to satisfying level. I do not own the Hifiman HM-801 or the Colorfly C4 so I will not be able to make any comparison. The downfall of such a powerful performance is the short battery life (around 6-8 hours) and bulk (about 3x thickness of iPhone 4).

The media player (written specifically for iBasso) is still a little quirky but has most basic functions such as EQ, filters and SRC. The bugs are just minor annoyances and does not affect me enjoying the music. iBasso is currently working hard to resolve the issues reported by the early adopters.

[Conclusion]

So far, I am very satisfied with the sound quality of the DX100 as it is musical, great transparency, has a convincing and enveloping atmosphere, great sound stage (actually adding depth to my 1964 Ears customs) and 3D presence. To me, it is a great all-in-one alternative to carrying DAP + LOD + Amp which may cost significantly more (of course, depends on setup) and much bulkier. Assembling the H120 + D10 + optical setup cost me about 600+ SGD and the DX100 (at discounted price) is about 900 SGD. Is DX100 worth the $300 more? Absolutely, so much so that I had not bothered to look at other equipment since getting the DX100. 

Thank you....

More reviews like this would be nice.  This is the kind of summary many would like to see....I certainly appreciate it!!

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #656 of 13,503

Quote:

...and DX100 is almost as clean-sounding as the H120 + D10 via optical. 

Hmm...that's not encouraging for us H1xx optical users...especially when there are DACs available now which are much better than the D10 (which I've had and used to love until the D12 came out).

Has anyone noticed a difference between the DX100's optical vs. coaxial out?

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #657 of 13,503

Quote:
Hmm...that's not encouraging for us H1xx optical users...especially when there are DACs available now which are much better than the D10 (which I've had and used to love until the D12 came out).

Has anyone noticed a difference between the DX100's optical vs. coaxial out?

I really like my iRivers but there is no comparison between the two, when driving even the D12, which is better than the D10. The DX100 is more dimensional, better bass reproduction and layering. IMO

Randius, nice review and thoughts on the DX100. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #658 of 13,503
Nice impression, Randius. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #660 of 13,503
I'm afraid your information on pricing is inaccurate; below is a reply received today from iBasso concerning price and whether the coax was mini to mini:

[size=medium] Hi,[/size]
[size=medium] Thank you for your email.[/size]
[size=medium] The DX100 is our of stock. we will correct the shipping cost when it in stock again.[/size]
[size=medium] The 699USD review sample price is no longer available.[/size]
[size=medium] The cable is mini coaxial to normal coaxial.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Sincerely[/size]
[size=medium] iBasso Audio[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back