iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #527 of 13,503

Quote:
Only if it has a usb receiver chip inside

For me the USB feature would just be a plus. I mean if it ends up sounding better than my DACport LX then I'd be able to save money and sell the LX... I'm not so sure yet if its better sounding overall though. That will take a while for me to determine once I've received my unit back...

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #531 of 13,503
Yes but that did not require extra hardware to be inserted into the machine. Unless the DX100 has a usb audio receiver already buildin that iBasso is just not currently using it will never happen (at least not in the already produced and shipped units)

Quote:
You never know though... Hifiman supposedly would never support Rockbox and all of a sudden it can :).

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #532 of 13,503

Excuse my ignorance, but their is a difference between a USB data receiver and a USB audio receiver? when it comes out of a computer isnt it all 1's and 0's anyways? I wasnt aware of a specialized piece of hardware
Quote:
Yes but that did not require extra hardware to be inserted into the machine. Unless the DX100 has a usb audio receiver already buildin that iBasso is just not currently using it will never happen (at least not in the already produced and shipped units)

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #533 of 13,503
Yes it's all 0 and 1 but something needs to interpret this as music data and then feed that to the input of the dac in a format the dac will understand as opposed to data to be stored as files on the internal memory or SD card. That's probaly why the HM-602 and HM-801 have 2 usb ports, one for each type of data but I don't know if the same port would be technically able to do both duties

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #534 of 13,503
Move along no drama here nothing to see folks

tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #535 of 13,503
Crapping up threads with personal drama is a pretty good way to get in the penalty box too.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #536 of 13,503

Quote:
Crapping up threads with personal drama is a pretty good way to get in the penalty box too.

So true, comment edited out. Thanks for keeping me honest my man.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #537 of 13,503
I have classic/CLAS as well as HM801, to use with JH3A. I am interested in the DX100 as it seems to have the best of both worlds, digital output of high bit res music.
I am, however, a little confused (no doubt due to my ignorance of such matters). I have seen reference to use of JH3A bypassing DAC in the DX100. Surely, the JH3A doesn't have a DAC being a headphone amp, does it not rely upon a DAC further down the chain, in this case the DX100?

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #538 of 13,503
It has a dac (digital in to digital to analog converter) and even the analog input is converted to digital as all the dsp stuff happend in the digital domain before being converted back to analog to go to the amp and earpieces

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #539 of 13,503

Quote:
It has a dac (digital in to digital to analog converter) and even the analog input is converted to digital as all the dsp stuff happend in the digital domain before being converted back to analog to go to the amp and earpieces

@martinhalliday - thats right, anything that enters the JH3a has to go through the digital domain so there is no point feeding it an analogue signal - as I explained a few posts ago. This is why the DX100 is so attractive for JH3a owners. It has a Hi-Rez capable coax out avoiding the 2 extra conversions an analogue signal would have to go through. So yes it has a ADC and a DAC.
My JH3a sounded amazing (best it's ever sounded) when feed by the Audiophilleo coax signal, and Scooter said the DX100 coax out compares favourably to the Audiophilleo. Should be really impressive and portable to boot. Not to mention it will double as a fantastic stand alone DAP for my other cans.

any other impressions??

Feb 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #540 of 13,503
I am waiting for the next preorder the DX100 to open up as it does look like a great source to feed the JH3a. I am also using the Audiophilleo 2 with the JH3a now & it does sound amazing using the Coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back