iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 13,503
Peter, those are damn, damn, damn, damn good pictures and initial impressions.  Wow, crystal clear, insane details, black background, driving LCD3 with authority, close to DB2/O2 huh.  What else can we ask for?   Of course, more, give me more, we need more impressions.

Mischa, I expect to see a crying face on youtube :wink:  You think you are getting it late, think about the rest of us.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 13,503

Quote:
I just got some micro SD cards to try out. 

I can't believe how well this is driving my LCD-2 and it isn't even broken in but clean and clear but natural

These are the characteristics that I have been reading over and over from the ERJI forum.  I just want to hear it from someone I am more familiar with here in headfi forum.  Clean, Clear, Natural, detail, smooth/round treble, in real life, being there, in vivo, textural, and layering.  Come on guys, confirm all this adjectives for me and tell me that it is so.  Made me jealous of you.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #18 of 13,503
...it doesn't charge with USB and you can't use USB batteries with it.  Sorry to all the people that were planning to use those monster USB supplies with it...

This is sad, sad news for me. I want to want this DAP so bad, and I still might get one depending on further reviews, but no USB charging is a serious buzzkill. Especially with initial reports of its battery life. I don't want to lug around the bulky AC adapter everywhere I go. 

I'm jealous of y'all who got in on the first batch, but so far the info on its power usage is a no-go for the price. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #19 of 13,503
I have read 9 hours on a charge but I will see how it goes with mine and some decent portable phones like the ESW10's or IEM's. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 13,503
Peter and Jam:  Do you know if both 1/4 and mini headphone outs are both hot at the same time?

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #21 of 13,503

Quote:
These are the characteristics that I have been reading over and over from the ERJI forum.  I just want to hear it from someone I am more familiar with here in headfi forum.  Clean, Clear, Natural, detail, smooth/round treble, in real life, being there, in vivo, textural, and layering.  Come on guys, confirm all this adjectives for me and tell me that it is so.  Made me jealous of you.

These are all correct.  It sounds like a high end desktop setup.  A lot of the SQ of my big home setup, in your pocket.  It seems pretty neutral, and by neutral I mean like my home setup, which I consider to be a pretty faithful realistic reproduction of the sound.  Like the O2 the DX100 doesn't have anything that pings my ears and sets off alarms saying that something isn't right.  

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #22 of 13,503
Can confirm both the 1/4 and 1/8 work at the same time.  It's driving LCD2 and HD600 at once with very little reduction in volume.  Lawl.

Consider this live Q&A.  if anyone has burning questions, I'll try to field them all of today.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 13,503
I am using a Transcend Mico SD card now and working fine. Pop in the card, it recognizes it and you can go to internal mass storage or the external card. Great stuff. It will be very fine when 62gb cards come down in price and when 128gb cards come out and then go down from their initial mountain high price. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #24 of 13,503

Quote:
Can confirm both the 1/4 and 1/8 work at the same time.  It's driving LCD2 and HD600 at once with very little reduction in volume.  Lawl.

This is absurd.  Driving both LCD2 and HD600 simultaneously and sufficiently! Where is my Ambien, I'll need to take a full bottle to sleep tonite.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #25 of 13,503

Quote:
I am using a Transcend Mico SD card now and working fine. Pop in the card, it recognizes it and you can go to internal mass storage or the external card. Great stuff. It will be very fine when 62gb cards come down in price and when 128gb cards come out and then go down from their initial mountain high price. 

Jam, do you know if micro SD and micro sdhc can be used interchangeably?  Just to think in a few short months, I could have this thing-a full 200g in my hand with all the hires music I would ever want.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 13,503

Agree, this is insane! I have been thinking like no way this dap will be worth the price when comparing to bang for buck stuff like clip+ and 5g ipods. But if the dx100 works this well with full size cans..
And 2 hp outs at the same time..haha..crazy.
Quote:
This is absurd.  Driving both LCD2 and HD600 simultaneously and sufficiently! Where is my Ambien, I need a full bottom to sleep tonite.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #27 of 13,503
I am using my JH13 Pros now. Very sweet. This thing is killer and some of the functions for whatever reason, have smoothed out with a little use or maybe it is my sweaty fingers. lol

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #28 of 13,503
Another question will have to be bear out in more future testing, but I like to know if you use coax out or line out, will it extend the battery life of the DX100 since you are by passing the internal amp or dac?  But with that SQ, who wants to by pass?

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #29 of 13,503
Jam, how is it, w/ the JH13, compare to your DB2/PB2 or SR71b.  Like you, I have all those pieces.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #30 of 13,503

Quote:

Consider this live Q&A.  if anyone has burning questions, I'll try to field them all of today.

Do you know if playlists can be created on a pc and then transferred to the DX100, as this is an important feature to me?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back