iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #31 of 13,503

Quote:
Jam, how is it, w/ the JH13, compare to your DB2/PB2 or SR71b.  Like you, I have all those pieces.

I haven't compared them yet. The DX100 needs some time and I need to learn the Android OS and too little time with it at this point but good questions! :^)

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #32 of 13,503
Need advice from Jamato - with the line out, the volume can still be controlled via the system.  What volume is best...at 255 (max) it distorts for the record.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #33 of 13,503

Quote:
Need advice from Jamato - with the line out, the volume can still be controlled via the system.  What volume is best...at 255 (max) it distorts for the record.

On the iRiver I use about 90 percent. I think this is something we will have to experiment with but 80 percent would be a good starting point or 200. I expect Ron (HiFlight) to be showing up here soon and he will have some good advice also. 

I noticed that on the finish, the recessed ports and sockets have been done totally professionally with something I would expect on my Leica, which is one of the finest cameras made. I can't fault this finish and I am picky. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #34 of 13,503

Quote:
I am using a Transcend Mico SD card now and working fine. Pop in the card, it recognizes it and you can go to internal mass storage or the external card. Great stuff. It will be very fine when 62gb cards come down in price and when 128gb cards come out and then go down from their initial mountain high price. 

iBasso states it supports up to 32GB microSD.
http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=78

Anyone has 64GB microSD to test with?
cool.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #36 of 13,503
First of all, when you guys talk about volume, you've got to include the gain setting, otherwise it is not useful for me.

Second, in terms of workmanship, apparently they are all hand made in Shanzhen matching the level of the top Japanese manufacturing capability.  I heard Ibasso recently purchased some advanced AP testing equipments cost twenty to thirty thousands dollars.  Hope all that translate into wonderful products.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #38 of 13,503
The gain setting is not active with the line out.  But I think the digital volume control system is still in effective with the line out, and so I set it to the same volume as I've been listening at, and the sound is great.  Ron will perhaps have more insight.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #39 of 13,503
Quote:
First of all, when you guys talk about volume, you've got to include the gain setting, otherwise it is not useful for me.

Second, in terms of workmanship, apparently they are all hand made in Shanzhen matching the level of the top Japanese manufacturing capability.  I heard Ibasso recently purchased some advanced AP testing equipments cost twenty to thirty thousands dollars.  Hope all that translate into wonderful products.

For volume, it will depend upon what is being used, IEM or sensitive or lower sensitive phone like the LCD-2. For my JH13 Pros, I am using the mid gain setting right now but I could use the low one. As to the gain I am not sure what gain they are using for each setting. For the LCD-2 they played fine on the mid gain setting as well with way more than enough volume and no distortion. 

This product transcends what iBasso has done in the past. Totally individual and just cries out quality and not mass market but more like hand assembled Japanese or German quality but now Chinese quality. Most all of their products have been fine and for me held up great but this one . . . . 

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #40 of 13,503

scooter, how w[size=medium]ould you compare o2 to pico slim? (which I'm mostly using now) I kind of like extra clarity and boost to bass detail pico slim gives to jh 16’s. I also, really like fact that it’s really tiny, pretty, functional, portable, and very well made. [size=medium]You kind of got me interested though with all o2 talk.[/size][/size]

Quote:
The gain setting is not active with the line out.  But I think the digital volume control system is still in effective with the line out, and so I set it to the same volume as I've been listening at, and the sound is great.  Ron will perhaps have more insight.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #41 of 13,503
Video preview is up in post 3.  The focus goes in and out a little because I'm using a prime macro lens in manual mode, I'm using a DSLR not a camcorder.  720p, though...

Edit:  I've never tried a Pico before.  The Pelican with topkit is said to be one of the best portable amps in existence, giving strong competition to the RSA SR71b.  The Objective2 is a much better sounding amp than the Pelican, in pretty much every area.  It's barely worse than my Beta22, which is a $2000+ desktop amp.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #42 of 13,503
I hate you all.

The decent thing to do would have been to rubbish it for a week and then once iBasso was once again open for business said "just joking' and sang the proper praises.

...just saying.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #43 of 13,503
what are you using to connect dx100 to O2? I was wondering if you could use a usb to mini cable to connect to amps? something like lod cables?

Quote:
Video preview is up in post 3.  The focus goes in and out a little because I'm using a prime macro lens in manual mode, I'm using a DSLR not a camcorder.  720p, though...

Edit:  I've never tried a Pico before.  The Pelican with topkit is said to be one of the best portable amps in existence, giving strong competition to the RSA SR71b.  The Objective2 is a much better sounding amp than the Pelican, in pretty much every area.  It's barely worse than my Beta22, which is a $2000+ desktop amp.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #44 of 13,503

your evil.

Quote:
Mischa, I expect to see a crying face on youtube :wink:  You think you are getting it late, think about the rest of us.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #45 of 13,503
That's not how the DX100 works - the USB is for loading it with files from your computer only.  It has no digital inputs whatsoever.  To connect it to the O2 (which has a stereo mini in) you use a mini-mini cable from the iBasso DX100's stereo mini line out.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back