iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 1, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #13,096 of 13,503
  Yes... it's about time. DX100 is too old now. It came out in 2012. Three years later? now you have all kinds of better DAC chips, batteries, android OS, etc. 
You can really try to make a DX200 which can beat AK380. 
DX100 is the only DAP which came close to my desktop DAC. Take a crack at DX200. We're still on your side.

I agree with the above. I still love my HDP-R10 (DX100) and prefer it over many newer DAPs. It would be great if iBasso could release a new DAP focused entirely on the best possible performance achievable with the current technology to compete with all the fancy new DAPs out there.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #13,097 of 13,503
iBasso guys should make an R10 without a screen so we can use it with our Android phones. 
They can try to make a new portable DAC "R15" with:

- R10 signature sound quality
- D55 style compact design, but not exactly the same.
- higher capacity battery
- no touchscreen and OS
- better Android connectivity
- 1/4" out, 3.5mm out, balanced out
- smaller size than R10
- an SD card slot or two which can be directly read by Android OS music app such as UAPP, HibyMusic. 

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #13,102 of 13,503
  iBasso guys should make an R10 without a screen so we can use it with our Android phones. 
They can try to make a new portable DAC "R15" with:

- R10 signature sound quality

I have the hard modded R10. It sounds better than AK240 in tests. Much better.

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #13,106 of 13,503
  I prefer the ibasso over the ak even it is stock/unmodded. The UI need a lot of work though. That is the let down. What kind of hard modded is done on the player? Mind sharing? 

- improved tying of the DAC
- improved supply filtering 
- top capacitors
- 4 top opamps
- сlass A amplifier
- increased 4 times the quiescent current
- top MEMS clock

40 modified elements. + my own custom firmware

P.S. Sorry my English. I`m from Belarus. )

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #13,107 of 13,503
  - improved tying of the DAC
- improved supply filtering 
- top capacitors
- 4 top opamps
- сlass A amplifier
- increased 4 times the quiescent current
- top MEMS clock

40 modified elements.

P.S. Sorry my English. I`m from Belarus. )

Sounds like a complicated mod. The fx series of nichicon in hibino is not bad. Wondering what have you replaced it with? If you are not doing it for profit, mind posting pictures or the link to the discussion here/ pm? 

Aug 11, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #13,108 of 13,503
  Sounds like a complicated mod. The fx series of nichicon in hibino is not bad. Wondering what have you replaced it with? If you are not doing it for profit, mind posting pictures or the link to the discussion here/ pm? 

Modification has been made by the Russian circuit designer from St. Petersburg. It costs $450. At the moment he has modified more than 10 DX100/R10 players. The modification is named the ULTIMATE SL EDITION. The owner of one of the players is from Israel.

As for me, I've sponsored the development of the modification. :)

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #13,109 of 13,503
  Modification has been made by the Russian circuit designer from St. Petersburg. It costs $450. At the moment he has modified more than 10 DX100/R10 players. The modification is named the ULTIMATE SL EDITION. The owner of one of the players is from Israel.

As for me, I've sponsored the development of the modification. :)

Oh, I have done some google search on that and found some information in playerDOTru. Still, I do not understand the language and google translation is flawed. My player is collecting dust now and I used it once in a while. Glad that many are still using and expanding the capability of this player.

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #13,110 of 13,503
I just downgraded from version 1.4.2 to 1.2.7. After that got done it shutdown by itself. When i restarted it, i get is the startup splash screen all the time. It doesn't shut down. I even tried the reset button multiple times, but no dice. Does this mean that the DX100 is bricked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back