iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 12, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #13,129 of 13,503
  Thanks for continued patience mate

OK , so when i hold power and vol+ ( i have tool gui launched and dx100 plugged into laptop)
nothing happens on either end , no dx100 response , nor tool response 

UGH for some reason now , i cant even boot dx100 .No response , i even plugged into wall outlet and no life in it .So i had to do a reset via vol+ and reset .
But this way im faced with a turn on usb storage message ,and no tool response.i turn on usb storage , still not recognized 
When i

" For the driver installation part, unplug the dx100 from PC, turn off the dx100, then press and hold volume + and power. Then plug the dx100 using usb (still holding the vol+ & power and release after 5sec. the dX100 should turn on."

My dx100 greets me with a little android man , above his head is a triangle with an exclamation mark in the triange , no response from tool , not seen in device manager ( tho no matter what there is always an unknown device under other devices ,this is normal for my laptop,dx100 or not .

i sat here looking at it for maybe 15 minutes hoping fo smething good , nowt , so i did a vol+ and reset button 

Back to nowt again .

Then i tried above again , and this seemed to kill device again , had to do a vol+reset again to see life.

PS , when i say its not recognized , i mean in device manager , i can see and access the dap in windows drives Ie C , D , etc i can add o remove music etc
Im at wits end here lol
PS in case i do figure this part out , i d still be lost on next step . So using  the dx100 tool gui what is it im trying to install , one of the Rock sub drivers in this path DX100 tool\driver\Rockusb\x86\xp

Here i see  3 choices rockusb.cat , rockusb.inf , rockusb.sys

Is it one of these above  ? Or is it my firmware Ie DX100+Firmware+V1.4.2+Apr+24th,+2013

I always thought to install firmware updates as above , i dropped the img on the root of dap and rebooted , ive done that many successful times 
R U face palming yet ? LOL

Cheers

I have the same issue. How did you resolve yours?

I am getting the same android man with a triangle on top his head. Don't know how many times i did volume UP+reset combo. On my PC i can see 2 removable disk drives, but no IBASSO DX100 option. It shows up under Device Manager as USB storage, but nowhere else. Can't get it to work at all. STill stuck at the start screen which shows DX100 text. That's it.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #13,133 of 13,503

I have the same issue. How did you resolve yours?

I am getting the same android man with a triangle on top his head. Don't know how many times i did volume UP+reset combo. On my PC i can see 2 removable disk drives, but no IBASSO DX100 option. It shows up under Device Manager as USB storage, but nowhere else. Can't get it to work at all. STill stuck at the start screen which shows DX100 text. That's it.

I had the sam issue. I gave up.

What OS you have on your PC? I had Win7 64 bit and this may be a problem. One of the headfiers, during one of our discussions, suggested that I should find a PC with 32 bit system. I don't know whether this is a solution (I did not have any pressure to check this) but you could try.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #13,135 of 13,503
  Yup. Screen goes black. Connect to PC after that. STill shows up as disk drives. Sheesh!

My mistake. 

The correct instruction:

- turn on your DX100
- connect DX100 to PC with USB cable
- HOLD volume UP and press once RESET
- install Rockchip drivers for new device
- flash firmware with RKBatchTool

Just I checked. Everything is working fine.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #13,136 of 13,503
IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!! Firmware got installed. HALLEJULAH!!

@DOC2008

Do you have any idea how much i LOVE THEE!! It's boundless ans overflowing with a lot of things. Thanks for your advice and above all patience.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

Hot regards

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #13,140 of 13,503
  Anyone here getting a Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon? Which DX100 output would give the best quality sound?

The line out. It bypassed the internal amp section. I will be getting the LC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back