iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 16, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #13,006 of 13,503
  No news about the DX100 successor ?  The DX100 is marked as discontinued on ibasso web site, so something must be coming ! 
biggrin.gif

I hope sound quality better than AK240, MASSIVE storage, Good graphical UI in a BIG screen, and a powerful balanced amp so that we do need anymore to stack an external AMP on our DAP to drive full size headphone. 

D55 came out in 2013. It sounds better than DX100. Check it out! now it sells for 200 dollars on Ebay.

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #13,007 of 13,503
  No news about the DX100 successor ?  The DX100 is marked as discontinued on ibasso web site, so something must be coming ! 
biggrin.gif

I hope sound quality better than AK240, MASSIVE storage, Good graphical UI in a BIG screen, and a powerful balanced amp so that we do need anymore to stack an external AMP on our DAP to drive full size headphone. 

All of that would weigh a lot. But we do listen to suggestions.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 18, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #13,010 of 13,503
  Agreed, the only reason I sold my DX100 was due to the lack of portability - I can deal with the UI (to a certain extent) 

I also don't have any big problems with UI. I just power on dx100, wait approx. 1 min for finish of the scanning (I have music only on internal memory so I don't get described by some 10 min scanning time) and play chosen album. The lack of portability and battery life are to the main cons of dx100.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #13,011 of 13,503

I also don't have any big problems with UI. I just power on dx100, wait approx. 1 min for finish of the scanning (I have music only on internal memory so I don't get described by some 10 min scanning time) and play chosen album. The lack of portability and battery life are to the main cons of dx100.

Thats why i recommend people to install russian firmware, there are some that modified the sound will all features and those are keeping the stock sound with all modified features. As for the features, device boots up much faster, drain less battery and fast responsive UI. Scanning for songs when booting up take less than 20 sec. 
If you wonder where to download it, check back previous pages in this thread 

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #13,012 of 13,503
  Thats why i recommend people to install russian firmware, there are some that modified the sound will all features and those are keeping the stock sound with all modified features. As for the features, device boots up much faster, drain less battery and fast responsive UI. Scanning for songs when booting up take less than 20 sec. 
If you wonder where to download it, check back previous pages in this thread 

I failed to install the first Sound Explosion FW dedicated for R10. With my Dell Win7 64bit laptop I wasn't able to get the green square in RKBatchTool so I gave up (I tried many combinations and to do things in various orders).

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #13,013 of 13,503

I failed to install the first Sound Explosion FW dedicated for R10. With my Dell Win7 64bit laptop I wasn't able to get the green square in RKBatchTool so I gave up (I tried many combinations and to do things in various orders).

I didn't know how you could fail to install it in first place. I installed it on my R10 normally with RKBatchTool. Later on, i don't have to use the tool anymore when i can actually place the update file in the roots as R10 will automatically detect and install. I have been moving back between Sound Explosion v2.1.1, v2.1.2, v3, v4 , v- iem and also Clear sound firmware and Optima firmware 
You could try to put the image update file in root and see if it could detect. Reset and wait if needed

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #13,014 of 13,503
  I didn't know how you could fail to install it in first place. I installed it on my R10 normally with RKBatchTool. Later on, i don't have to use the tool anymore when i can actually place the update file in the roots as R10 will automatically detect and install. I have been moving back between Sound Explosion v2.1.1, v2.1.2, v3, v4 , v- iem and also Clear sound firmware and Optima firmware 
You could try to put the image update file in root and see if it could detect. Reset and wait if needed

I just never got my dx100 into this "special mode" with pressing power on and volume up buttons; I only got typical Turn on mass storage USB.

But really I don't have any issues with UI. I just power on dx100 and put it into my bag and when I finish inserting my CIEMs database scanning is finished.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #13,016 of 13,503

I just never got my dx100 into this "special mode" with pressing power on and volume up buttons; I only got typical Turn on mass storage USB.

But really I don't have any issues with UI. I just power on dx100 and put it into my bag and when I finish inserting my CIEMs database scanning is finished.

they are FW that is made specifically for the DX100. No tool needed, it is similar to the normal upgrade procedure of putting the image into the root folder, eg. DX100 SOUND EXPLOSION V2.1.1 BY DOC2008 or DX100 CLEAR SOUND FINAL BY DOC2008

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #13,018 of 13,503

Users who are viewing this thread

Back