iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 8, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #12,976 of 13,503

As nicolo alluded...which firmware you are using on both will be a big factor in this. 

While I concurr that the firmware plays a big part in the sound, I maintain that DX100 is noticeably the better DAP due to the DAC chip used. 
The single desktop chip in DX100 is implemented really well. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #12,977 of 13,503
Seems like nobody answered my question in R10's thread. I'm just curious if HE-560 will be driven decently with R10 (running V3 Sound Explo) since i'm planning to get one. Thanks

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #12,978 of 13,503
  Seems like nobody answered my question in R10's thread. I'm just curious if HE-560 will be driven decently with R10 (running V3 Sound Explo) since i'm planning to get one. Thanks

Seek no more. The DX100 decently drives the Hifiman HE560, I have both and use them together. I don't have this V3 Sound Explo however, what is that?

The only thing with the DX100 + HE560 is it is unforgiving. I find only well mastered tracks to be nice out of this combo, otherwise the nature of both units makes for poor listening on poor recordings.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #12,980 of 13,503
Good day

It s been about a year or more and i havent received any updates on this thread and wow im behind lol

All i receive now for updates is what appears to be a bulk alert of most/all threads here . I hope i get a direct email  link to this question

Until now the order songs  plays in hasnt been a noticable issue

But lately i have been doing compilations of my fave artists , amounting from 40 to 0ver 100 trax , Ie id call it by artists name and album title would be artists name_IMO

No matter how i tag files in track number Ie 1 , 2 , 3 -10 etc or 001 , 002-010 ,011-071 , the dx100 wont play the files in numerical order as i tag them , it plays in alphabetical order

This is very frustrating

I m using mp3 tag and   im still on build 1.2.7 Android version 2.3.1

i ve been muckin about with this for months to no positive result

Is there a seting within the DX100 to make it play in the tagged numerical order ?

i would post an attachment of a screenshot but am told i dont have permission , tho i feel i ve described my issue well

Cheers

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #12,983 of 13,503
Can the DX100 play DSD format?

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #12,984 of 13,503
Good day

It s been about a year or more and i havent received any updates on this thread and wow im behind lol

All i receive now for updates is what appears to be a bulk alert of most/all threads here . I hope i get a direct email  link to this question

Until now the order songs  plays in hasnt been a noticable issue

But lately i have been doing compilations of my fave artists , amounting from 40 to 0ver 100 trax , Ie id call it by artists name and album title would be artists name_IMO

No matter how i tag files in track number Ie 1 , 2 , 3 -10 etc or 001 , 002-010 ,011-071 , the dx100 wont play the files in numerical order as i tag them , it plays in alphabetical order

This is very frustrating

I m using mp3 tag and   im still on build 1.2.7 Android version 2.3.1

i ve been muckin about with this for months to no positive result

Is there a seting within the DX100 to make it play in the tagged numerical order ?

i would post an attachment of a screenshot but am told i dont have permission , tho i feel i ve described my issue well

Cheers

Have you tried drivesort?

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #12,985 of 13,503
I'm quite suprised that people have problems with proper playback order. I'm also using 1.2.7 and I have all my music tagged by mp3tag. Up to date I did not have any single problem with proper playback order. I have only the following tags: album, artist, genre, title, discnumber (if there is more than 1 disc) and tracknumber (this is not the same as track). All my files are named based on the title tag. I'm using 01, 02, .... as tracknumbers. I don't have any album covers.

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #12,987 of 13,503
  Tnx Nicolo

Was that reply for me ?

i have done that dozens of xs to no avail

Is there another solution ?

Thanks mate

You can download and install a software utility called Total Commander. It basically replaces Windows Explorer and gives you more options. SPecifically, there's an option which allows you to copy files in the same sequence as they are in the folder on your system. You could try that.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #12,988 of 13,503
thanks shakur1996

Quote:
Have you tried drivesort?

i just tried that ,only seems to sort by size and date tho ,so it cant see the embedded ? numerical tags ?
Ok im looking at this now , the catch again may be that the files numerical tags are embedded ifrom mp3 tag and the program cant see that ? Perhaps if i renamed them with numbers 001-071 externally ? ( does that make sense to you mate ? I mean if i see a song in windows called Aliens id R-click and rename 001 Aliens )  
You can download and install a software utility called Total Commander. It basically replaces Windows Explorer and gives you more options. SPecifically, there's an option which allows you to copy files in the same sequence as they are in the folder on your system. You could try that.

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #12,989 of 13,503

i just tried that ,only seems to sort by size and date tho ,so it cant see the embedded ? numerical tags ?

Heres what Ibasso says

First, you can see the songs selected on "now Playing", which located on the top right corner.
Second, there is a sorting by function when you press the bottom left function button.
Third, you can press "album" to sort your music by track number.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

i was excited thinking it may work , perhaps im daft but

" First, you can see the songs selected on "now Playing", which located on the top right corner."

when i hold/press top button(left when im holding it in portrait)  im only greeted with the keyboard ,the middle button takes me back to basic/simple player and bottom button takes me back to player(with cover art , not basic player)
When in screen with cover art (full player?) and i press that button im greeted with the home-single info-play mode-eq-gapless-df-src-exit ( note i have chosen play in order in play mode ) .Middle button takes me back to basic player and right button takes me back to basic player.

Any further advice appreciated

Cheers

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #12,990 of 13,503

- use MP3tag to rename the tracks with numerical filename e.g. 000001 - track1, 000002 - track2, (just add preceding zeroes depending on the number tracks you have.. eg. 001 = 1000 tracks, 0001 = 10000 tracks etc..)
- then use Drivesort to sort the "short" names, click save after sorting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back