iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 24, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #12,946 of 13,503
  I’ve been experiencing some hang ups lately with my dx100.
It’s seems to crash when the charger is not connected. I can use the device with the charger connected without any problems. Changing settings, playing music, browsing, etc.. no problems or crashes.

When I disconnect the charger, it shows the battery draining at an alarming rate. More than 1% per minute, even with all wifi/location services/app sync/bluetooth/etc switched off!
After a bit of use, maybe ~20-30 minutes, it will crash. The crash is a total power down, there is no error message. The device can not be powered back on by itself. I have to connect the charger before the device can be powered back on.
After the device boots up, the time is reset to 10:00pm and the date is reset to 01/01/2011. Otherwise all other settings appear to remain the same. The battery shows a charge much higher than when it crashed (usually still in the 90s).

Has anyone encountered this issue before? The main problem stems from the device not being connected to the charger, so it could just be that the battery needs to be replaced, but I’m not sure.

I've emailed Ibasso a few times, but they have been completely unresponsive. So I'm not sure where to go from here.

I would say the battery is about dead. I will most likely need a new one. iBasso is in China and everyone is on holiday there now until the end of the month. It is a national thing so business pretty much close down. When I lived there, even food often got hard to find as the stores I normally went to were closed. You learn to prepare. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #12,948 of 13,503
  Oh right, chinese new year.. It completely slipped my mind.

I hope it's solely a battery issue. Do you know how much a replacement will cost?

I ordered a replacement battery directly from Ibasso not too long ago.  Cost wasn't too bad - I think around $20 with shipping to US.  Haven't had a chance to install it yet.  Hopefully it's not too difficult.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #12,949 of 13,503
Yes, I should think so. Just copy the update.img to the root of the dx100. When you disconnect the usb it should pick it up and update.

Now that my dx100 thinks it's a r10, the same thing works for me with r10 FW files .

I went back to the first r10 sound explosion as I prefer it to the IEM version with my phones.

I just went through the Rockusb/RKbatch tool process.
I have to say the sound explosion and russian ui is really excellent!! I don't have good phones right now, so i'm running the dx100 through a 2 channel system with 50w tube amp. Sounds great so far, but I will have to sit down and do some critical listening later.

A few notes about the installation. The instructions in the pdf are spot on, including the stuff about holding the + and pressing reset for 1 second, but the rockusb drivers are incompatible with windows 7 64bit. I had to use a windows 7 32bit system to get it going, I think that's why the driver folder is listed at x86 instead of x64.
Also, not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but the left most button in the rkbatchtool.exe is a language select for english.
Can this optima firmware that you mentioned be installed just by uploading it to dx100 ie without the need to use RKBatchtool?

Shakur1996 i think i was reading earlier in the thread that you were unsuccessful using windows 7 64bit. you could try a win7 32bit system with the rkbatchtool method.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #12,950 of 13,503

I ordered a replacement battery directly from Ibasso not too long ago.  Cost wasn't too bad - I think around $20 with shipping to US.  Haven't had a chance to install it yet.  Hopefully it's not too difficult.

Thanks for the information frankrondaniel, that's a really cheap price! maybe i'll pick up two batteries once the Ibasso staff are back from their holidays. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #12,951 of 13,503

Thanks for the information frankrondaniel, that's a really cheap price! maybe i'll pick up two batteries once the Ibasso staff are back from their holidays. 

I found IBasso's reply to my email asking how to order - hope this helps:

Hi,
We sell the DX100 battery replacement for 15USD plus shipping. Airmail shipping is 5USD, takes 3~5weeks.
Our paypal is order@ibasso.com

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #12,953 of 13,503

I found IBasso's reply to my email asking how to order - hope this helps:

Hi,
We sell the DX100 battery replacement for 15USD plus shipping. Airmail shipping is 5USD, takes 3~5weeks.
Our paypal is order@ibasso.com

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Great info. I probably need a new battery as for the first time last night battery in my 3-year old DX100 dropped from 65% to 0% (shut down) within 40 minutes. 

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #12,955 of 13,503
  Does the DX100 and R10 share the same battery?

The voltage of the R10 is lower than the DX100. As stated above the batteries can be ordered from us. The batteries last around 3 to 4 years which appears to be normal for most batteries when used often.

A correction: The R10 battery is ordered from Hibino Intersound of Japan.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 26, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #12,956 of 13,503
I confirm that ordering battery from ibasso is easy process and the actual delivery time in my case was shorter than as stated by ibasso. Moreover, replacement of the battery is easy task, although you need to have torx screwdriver (which I did not have and I had to buy one).

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #12,958 of 13,503
I think that you have lack of response due to Chinese New Year. In November and December 2014 when I had some battery and usb port issue typical waiting period for the reply from ibasso was about 1 day.

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #12,959 of 13,503
  I still haven't heard from them in 3 days.. I hope their service is better once new year celebrations have come to an end.

I am sorry it is taking a while for our service department to get back to you. In China everyone leaves and goes home for the holiday. I was told to go home but said I would take a vacation later. They said I am abnormal.
smile.gif

Please send an email to our service email address with your request in the subject line.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back