iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 13, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #12,991 of 13,503

- use MP3tag to rename the tracks with numerical filename e.g. 000001 - track1, 000002 - track2, (just add preceding zeroes depending on the number tracks you have.. eg. 001 = 1000 tracks, 0001 = 10000 tracks etc..)
- then use Drivesort to sort the "short" names, click save after sorting

Thanks mate

I hope i suss what you mean

U mean in mp3 tag i put those numerical values in where track number goes ? Not where track name goes ?

Sorry if that seems obvious , at this point im a tad flustered :)

So i need be using five zeros before the track number Ie if track two : 000002 , or are the number of zeros i use determined at the outset by how many trax i have

i have 71 trax so track one is 000001 , then 000002 , but when i get to double digits Ie ten , it will be 000010 ?

Also in drivesort (  1st i ve ever seen this app ) it will load trax and i can sort by size or date only and absolutely no save option . Feeling daft , but i see no point in the app , i cant save any thing

Maybe i been at this too damn long

Ibassos advice is a dead end

I have a brain storm maybe , where track name is in mp3 tag , what if i add beside each track name a numerical value , Ie a track called Aliens would become 001 Aliens , track 2 called complex will be 002 complex ( would i need a . after a numerical value ?

This is way to pita just to play trax in order lol

Makes me wonder why do other folders like Darkside of the moon play in order ? i tagged those as well . Is it the sheer large number of trax causing problems ?

Cheers

i have 71 tracks in a folder

So track one would be

Mar 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #12,992 of 13,503
Aah, i forgot to mention the leading zeroes part.

Open Mp3tag. Select all the tracks by pressing Ctrl+A. Then go to the Tools menu. Select Auto Numbering wizard. Then select the "Leading zeroes for tracknumbers...." option. DO NOT select any of the other options. Press ok. All the tracks will now numbered . Save and close Mp3tag. Copy the folder to the DX100. Should work now.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #12,993 of 13,503
Tnx to all who replied

Nicolo , i somehow missed the earlier post where u said re-number them externally , but in frustration i tried that , and guess what ? Yes it worked . I externally put numbers in front of track name ( as seen in windows ) Ie: 001.Aliens and so forth to 071.Track name

Then i see your earlier post suggesting to do that

I hope this also helps others in the future reading all this . i know its been days and many hours of frustration .

Now they all play in order :)-

This is a trick i like to use when i want to put a fave artists entire or most of their cds in one folder , and have them run in order as the played on the original cds , chronologically . That way i dont have to go from folder to folder to pick 1 cd at a time

Like Ibasso advised , i seen that option once or so before , but its not there as they described ,so this method works golden .

Tnx Nicolo , good call as i also believe DX100 is somehow missing the embedded mp3 tagging ( but some work fine like dark side of the moon . thank grief as that has to play in order , as does W.Y.W.H ) .

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #12,994 of 13,503
  Tnx to all who replied

Nicolo , i somehow missed the earlier post where u said re-number them externally , but in frustration i tried that , and guess what ? Yes it worked . I externally put numbers in front of track name ( as seen in windows ) Ie: 001.Aliens and so forth to 071.Track name

Then i see your earlier post suggesting to do that

I hope this also helps others in the future reading all this . i know its been days and many hours of frustration .

Now they all play in order :)-

This is a trick i like to use when i want to put a fave artists entire or most of their cds in one folder , and have them run in order as the played on the original cds , chronologically . That way i dont have to go from folder to folder to pick 1 cd at a time

Like Ibasso advised , i seen that option once or so before , but its not there as they described ,so this method works golden .

Tnx Nicolo , good call as i also believe DX100 is somehow missing the embedded mp3 tagging ( but some work fine like dark side of the moon . thank grief as that has to play in order , as does W.Y.W.H ) .

As a PS . Since it as a huge PITA to extenally number 71 trax .001-.071 , is there a smooth trick like the auto and leading zero trick in mp3tag to externally retag/number them. As Nicolo hinted , DX100 has problems reading internally/embedded track number tags .

A auto method would rokk my world LOL

Cheers

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #12,995 of 13,503
I would recommend people trying those Sound Explosion firmware. The author rebuilt the firmware, remove all unnecessary things and experiment sound on each firmware release , currently v4 ( check out R10 thread) , i still prefer v3 though, v2 is also interesting.

Could anyone here give the detailed info on these mods : AE, SL, and UFO ...they have been bubbling around

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #12,997 of 13,503
Regarding the battery: most likely it is draining. You can buy the battery from ibasso for USD20 w/ shipping. Installation of the battery is easy (you will get guide from ibasso).
Before replacement I get 2 hours of playback. After replacement I'm getting approx 6 hours.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #12,999 of 13,503
  Thanks for your fast reply! Any useful links to order a new battery? 
smile.gif

You can email them directly with a request at service@ibasso.com.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #13,000 of 13,503
^ I suggest installing modified firmwares to optimize and remove all that unnecessary thing running in background that drain the battery

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #13,001 of 13,503
Regarding the battery: most likely it is draining. You can the battery from ibasso for USD20 w/ shipping. Installation of the battery is easy (you will get guide from ibasso).
Before replacement I get 2 hours of playback. After replacement I'm getting approx 6 hours.

Interesting.  I had ordered two batteries recently and received no guide on replacement.  It's not very difficult to do, however.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #13,005 of 13,503
No news about the DX100 successor ?  The DX100 is marked as discontinued on ibasso web site, so something must be coming ! 
biggrin.gif

I hope sound quality better than AK240, MASSIVE storage, Good graphical UI in a BIG screen, and a powerful balanced amp so that we do need anymore to stack an external AMP on our DAP to drive full size headphone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back