iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 9, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #12,931 of 13,503
Ok cool thanks so much - So I have to wait around 20 mins before I can use it every time I reinsert the card!? 

Depends, the media runs if there are lot of changes in the music
Have you tried the DOC2008 explosion fw? To me, that fixed the media scan every boot, so that might help you :)

Not sure if there is any dx100 fw anymore, but the doc2008 r10 is keeping me happy :)

https://yadi.sk/d/sm-DAyIXeVJL9 DOC2008 new v3 IEM version

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #12,932 of 13,503
Have you tried the DOC2008 explosion fw? To me, that fixed the media scan every boot, so that might help you
smily_headphones1.gif

Not sure if there is any dx100 fw anymore, but the doc2008 r10 is keeping me happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks mate.  I've copied the update image to the root directory of the DX100, unmounted and then turned off USB storage, it performs a media scan but does not prompt me to update, any ideas? 

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #12,933 of 13,503
Have you tried the DOC2008 explosion fw? To me, that fixed the media scan every boot, so that might help you :)

Not sure if there is any dx100 fw anymore, but the doc2008 r10 is keeping me happy :)

What do you think if this new 'iem' version? I installed it Friday but not given it too much ear time. Initial impressions would be that the bass is less than the previous sound explosion, I quite like it though, the soundstage is amazing.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #12,934 of 13,503
Anyone ever see this?

I've had this problem periodically in the past, but now it occurs almost every time...I plug my DX100 into a PC with Windows 8.1 and turn USB mode on via the DX100 option, but it will be "recognized" and seem to mount...but no removable device drive letters will appear. 

When this happens I may have to try again several times for it to be fully recognized or reboot the PC.  I've had no problems with any other USB device.  I wonder if Windows doesn't like the delay between plugging in via USB and when the DX100 option appears on screen and is accepted to enable USB "ON" mode... 

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #12,935 of 13,503
I had similar problem. In my case the problem was with usb port in my dx100. Ibasso repaired it without any problem. Try to put some pressure on the usb cable part which is connected to dx100 and see whether your computer will recognize it.

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #12,936 of 13,503
What do you think if this new 'iem' version? I installed it Friday but not given it too much ear time. Initial impressions would be that the bass is less than the previous sound explosion, I quite like it though, the soundstage is amazing.

Haven't given it enough ear time yet :) but trying out with my main iem, I agree with the lesser bass which I prefer :) more air

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #12,941 of 13,503
Tons of firmware to try: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=106177

I assume that the firmwares dedicated just for dx100 can be installed on dx100 without the need to use RKBatchtool (this is important for me since I was unable to install DOC2008's modded firmware for hdp-r10 via RKBatchtool). If yes, did someone tried any of them? How do they sound in comparison to stock v1.2.7? 

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #12,942 of 13,503
I assume that the firmwares dedicated just for dx100 can be installed on dx100 without the need to use RKBatchtool (this is important for me since I was unable to install DOC2008's modded firmware for hdp-r10 via RKBatchtool). If yes, did someone tried any of them? How do they sound in comparison to stock v1.2.7? 

I think yes, if it's for DX100, you just put the update.img in the root folder. Haven't tried them yet. Based on description, some loses mp3 support etc and it is based on the 1.4.2 software. I guess you should give it a shot yourself? Your ear is the best judge, to me, i like the iem version. I think you should try DX100 / R10 OPTIMA BY UNIVERSAL DOC2008.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #12,944 of 13,503
Can this optima firmware that you mentioned be installed just by uploading it to dx100 ie without the need to use RKBatchtool?

Yes, I should think so. Just copy the update.img to the root of the dx100. When you disconnect the usb it should pick it up and update.

Now that my dx100 thinks it's a r10, the same thing works for me with r10 FW files .

I went back to the first r10 sound explosion as I prefer it to the IEM version with my phones.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #12,945 of 13,503
I’ve been experiencing some hang ups lately with my dx100.
It’s seems to crash when the charger is not connected. I can use the device with the charger connected without any problems. Changing settings, playing music, browsing, etc.. no problems or crashes.

When I disconnect the charger, it shows the battery draining at an alarming rate. More than 1% per minute, even with all wifi/location services/app sync/bluetooth/etc switched off!
After a bit of use, maybe ~20-30 minutes, it will crash. The crash is a total power down, there is no error message. The device can not be powered back on by itself. I have to connect the charger before the device can be powered back on.
After the device boots up, the time is reset to 10:00pm and the date is reset to 01/01/2011. Otherwise all other settings appear to remain the same. The battery shows a charge much higher than when it crashed (usually still in the 90s).

Has anyone encountered this issue before? The main problem stems from the device not being connected to the charger, so it could just be that the battery needs to be replaced, but I’m not sure.

I've emailed Ibasso a few times, but they have been completely unresponsive. So I'm not sure where to go from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back