iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 30, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #12,916 of 13,503
I was wondering if anyone knew if the DX100 could play the music stored on my NAS Drive over WiFi?  I have a NetGear ReadyNas with Minimserver (UpnP) installed which I use for my Naim SuperUniti, it would be super cool if I could stream my main music library to the DX100 when I’m at home.  Any idea how this would be done?  Would sound quality be affected?

In theory you can do this, you'd just need to install a music player which supported network streaming, there are many,

However.....

The wifi on the DX100 is not great so don't expect good results, also as the 3rd party client does not utilize the power of the DAC expect quality not to be on par and definitely no hi-res playback. It just wasn't engineered for that use. If you have a smartphone, use that instead, you'll get much better results.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #12,917 of 13,503
In theory you can do this, you'd just need to install a music player which supported network streaming, there are many,

However.....

The wifi on the DX100 is not great so don't expect good results, also as the 3rd party client does not utilize the power of the DAC expect quality not to be on par and definitely no hi-res playback. It just wasn't engineered for that use. If you have a smartphone, use that instead, you'll get much better results.

Great thanks for the note, will give it a miss for now then. Cheers Nick

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #12,922 of 13,503
Has anyone found a way to charge the dx100 with portable chargers? My previous attempts were unsuccessful.

You need the correct voltage and tip and it should work. With enough current reserved in the battery of the charging device it should work fine.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #12,923 of 13,503
Can someone kindly help me, I can’t seem to find the answer online. I store my music on a Micro SD card which I want to be able to use between my Dx100 and DX50, basically swap it over when I want a more portable source. On the DX100 I’m now getting an error message ‘The application Music (process particle media) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Then the option to force close. It appears that the DX100 is not scanning and referencing the music on the SD card… How can I get the thing to recognise the music? Ps it shows the files under the SD card but each has a time of 0:00 and cannot be played.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #12,924 of 13,503
Can someone kindly help me, I can’t seem to find the answer online. I store my music on a Micro SD card which I want to be able to use between my Dx100 and DX50, basically swap it over when I want a more portable source. On the DX100 I’m now getting an error message ‘The application Music (process particle media) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Then the option to force close. It appears that the DX100 is not scanning and referencing the music on the SD card… How can I get the thing to recognise the music? Ps it shows the files under the SD card but each has a time of 0:00 and cannot be played.

Dx100 only support fat32 so make sure it is in fat32. Also,to check if it is indexing, check settings, application, and running. See if there's 'Media' running. Wait til it's gone, around 20minutes to be sure

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #12,925 of 13,503
Hi friends.

Can somebody tell me if ibasso is repairing dx100?

I have one that need to be repair, It doesn't turn on, I think is a battery problem.

What is the address to send them the dx100?

Thank you for your help

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #12,929 of 13,503
  Hi friends.

Can somebody tell me if ibasso is repairing dx100?

I have one that need to be repair, It doesn't turn on, I think is a battery problem.

What is the address to send them the dx100?

Thank you for your help

Does it turn on with the power supply plugged in? And yes you can contact us at: service@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back