iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #12,736 of 13,503
What's up with the iBasso website? When i i type ibasso.com, it goes to their download section. How do i view the product pages?
It's been like this since the last week at least. Anybody know any other link i can use?

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #12,737 of 13,503
  What's up with the iBasso website? When i i type ibasso.com, it goes to their download section. How do i view the product pages?
It's been like this since the last week at least. Anybody know any other link i can use?

Same problem here.  It's good that ibasso normally comes through...because if I judged them by their website they would seem to be a counterfeit business....

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #12,739 of 13,503
Did anyone had similar problem to tupac's as described here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/549298/review-spiral-ear-se-5-way-reference-a-new-level-of-resolution-review-posted-5-15-12/1995#post_10885455

Anyone can have that problem, it's more of a user error like bumping the pot on your amp and cooking your headphones or blowing your ears. If you adjust the volume, make sure you hit the back button to exit the volume bar or turn the screen off otherwise accidental touches can slide that sucker wide and your IEMS go. As for it being too sensitive, mine doesn't have that problem. He may have a defective touchscreen possibly or he touched the right side accidentally and didn't notice.

A more common error for those using line-out often as well as headphone out is forgetting to turn the volume down from going line-out to headphone. So when you plug in your iem or headphone, you get a sound so painful you literally cringe and rip the iems out of your ear because you left the volume at 250 instead of bringing it back down to 160.

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #12,740 of 13,503
Guys, I'm about to buy used dx100, which firmware should I install? Seller told me that he used 1.2.7 as it was the best sounding firmware.

Is this 1.2.7 okey? I like open, airy and punchy sound.

I read something about app which shuts down other unncessary apps. Can't I just simply shut down the apps running on dx100 via settings on the player? Or do I really need this Killer App or someting like that.

Can someone please explain what means to root dx100?

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #12,741 of 13,503
Root easiest way to describe... if you are familiar with computers, is basically giving you admin access to your device. You can remove any program on your device this way, and have full control over your device. It can also be a risky procedure, if you don't do. it correctly you can "brick" your device. Hard brick, would make it into a paperweight... soft brick, would render it useless but you can recover it (generally speaking).

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #12,742 of 13,503
Guys, I'm about to buy used dx100, which firmware should I install? Seller told me that he used 1.2.7 as it was the best sounding firmware.

I think it will depend on what you plug into the output!  I personally am on 1.2.7 as it was the best fit with my particular IEMs, I found 1.4.2 didn't sound as good to me.  You might have a different experience so try both, before you root so you don't need to re-root...

I followed the rooting guide and purchased Titanium backup (which I now use all the time with my Android phone) but these days I don't bother with rooting teh DX, it works fine for me without rooting/freezing.

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #12,743 of 13,503
What are the benefits of rooting dx100? I understand the main purpose of this is to close all unncessary apps which drains the battery and slow down the responsivness. Any other benefits? And are those benefits really worth it i.e. the change is night and day, or the changes are slight?
I just tend to: switch on the player, go to a given album and press play and the entire album is played, then I'm moving to other album and press play. I don't do any other, particular operations.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #12,744 of 13,503
What are the benefits of rooting dx100? I understand the main purpose of this is to close all unncessary apps which drains the battery and slow down the responsivness. Any other benefits? And are those benefits really worth it i.e. the change is night and day, or the changes are slight?
I just tend to: switch on the player, go to a given album and press play and the entire album is played, then I'm moving to other album and press play. I don't do any other, particular operations.

In that case, there's probably no benefit from rooting and freezing apps...just enjoy as is.

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #12,745 of 13,503

1.2.7 is my favorite.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #12,746 of 13,503

I think rooting the DX100 is way overrated. It has way more than enough memory and CPU power to handle a few small apps loaded in the background, in addition to the music player. Even if those apps slowed it down (which they don't) you can always get a task killer to stop them after you boot it up. Besides, the small apps in question just reside in cache memory and use virtually no CPU power. Some people freak out when they see the Android calendar process running in the background -- even though it's not doing anything and consuming no resources -- other than that tiny bit of cache memory.

Skip the rooting and stick with 1.2.7.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #12,748 of 13,503
Thanks for all the replies.

I will not do rooting. However, how would I know whether the unit which I purchased is rooted or not? If it is rooted are there any additional actions which I will have to take each time during operation of the unit? If the unit is rooted does it mean that I will have sort of BIOS layout of UI?

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #12,749 of 13,503
A rooted device looks and operates effectively the same as a non-rooted device. The only difference is a rooted device has 'root' access a bit like giving a windows use administrator rights, doesn't change much except the ability for the user to install anything and get into heaps of trouble when they don't know what they're doing

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #12,750 of 13,503
A rooted device looks and operates effectively the same as a non-rooted device. The only difference is a rooted device has 'root' access a bit like giving a windows use administrator rights, doesn't change much except the ability for the user to install anything and get into heaps of trouble when they don't know what they're doing

Turrican2, thanks.  Is this root access a special folder visible in the unit while operating/plugging it into a computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back