iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Sep 5, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #12,722 of 13,503
  Have you tried to access that 2TB HDD with your wi-fi enabled cellphone?

Actually I've just thought this might work really well with my iFi Nano (or micro) DSD.  I have USB audio player pro on my Samsung s3, that supports SMB shares.  I should be able to use this 2tb drive on the go with that (incl DSD playback).....need to try that tonight!

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #12,723 of 13,503
  Actually I've just thought this might work really well with my iFi Nano (or micro) DSD.  I have USB audio player pro on my Samsung s3, that supports SMB shares.  I should be able to use this 2tb drive on the go with that (incl DSD playback).....need to try that tonight!

Great idea. I also have an android cellphone. What is that USB audio player app called? can it stream audio from cellphone to cellphone's USB out??

2TB HDD -> Cellphone -> iDSD  ???

It sounds promising. I was about to purchase an iCAN nano.

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #12,724 of 13,503
Guys, I'm considering buying either dx100 or hdp-r10. I'm leaning more towards dx100 as it is easier to buy a second hand (and I see that the difference in sound, if any, is slight). I have two questions though. Since ibasso does not produce this player anymore and I will probably buy more or less 2 year old player:

- were there any big hardware problems with this player? did people report a lot of faulty units?

- is it possible to replace the battery in dx100?

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #12,726 of 13,503
Guys, I'm considering buying either dx100 or hdp-r10. I'm leaning more towards dx100 as it is easier to buy a second hand (and I see that the difference in sound, if any, is slight). I have two questions though. Since ibasso does not produce this player anymore and I will probably buy more or less 2 year old player:

- were there any big hardware problems with this player? did people report a lot of faulty units?

- is it possible to replace the battery in dx100?

I recall there were some folks with wifi issues, I think mostly due to the fact that the dx100 doesn't play well with access points which do not have a fixed channel. There was at least one person in this thread returned their unit to get the wifi fixed (as it was actually faulty), The wifi  on he DX100 is not great even when it works, but that's not really why we buy it right? other than that there have not been many (if any) reports of hardware failure.  I purchased a new battery from ibasso a few months ago for £20 shipped, you can email them to check availability.  

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #12,727 of 13,503
Thanks for the reply. I don't care about wifi and other similar features. I just to have enough comfort that I will be able to listen to my songs via internal storage or SD card at least for 1 year and that at the end of this period battery will not work just for 1 or 2 hours.

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #12,732 of 13,503
They might be upgrading their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back