iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 24, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #12,710 of 13,503
  I havent visited this thread since i brought the DX100 back in early 2012 but was wondering does the DX100 support 128GB micro SD cards since they came out this year? And is it possible to replace the battery on the DX100 with a new one?

I can confirm what others have mentioned a few pages back that it works.  Nice to have more space for the 24-96 and 24-192 rips.

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #12,711 of 13,503
I use channel 6 :) I think any frequency would do

Good to know, I'm guessing it's 2.4ghz and not 5.8ghz given the age... maybe?

I guess I might as well make a write-up. The latest version Spotify apk file doesn't work btw. Maybe i can find something newer than 0.5.4 since it's in the 1.x.x now..

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #12,712 of 13,503
Have a question for the experts - I recently bought a DX100 and the battery seems to be discharging very quickly, where the unit dies within 2 hours. However, interestingly, if I turn the unit on an hour later (w/o any recharging), it shows ~30% remaining battery, which then discharges in 20-30 minutes. Is this normal or do I need to do a factory reset/battery calibration?

Aug 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #12,713 of 13,503
  Have a question for the experts - I recently bought a DX100 and the battery seems to be discharging very quickly, where the unit dies within 2 hours. However, interestingly, if I turn the unit on an hour later (w/o any recharging), it shows ~30% remaining battery, which then discharges in 20-30 minutes. Is this normal or do I need to do a factory reset/battery calibration?

was this a new DX100? if so, email ibasso.

If not, I'm afraid it sounds like you need to replace the battery.  Not difficult or expensive, again email ibasso, they'll be able to supply a replacement with instructions, cost is around £20 mark.

Aug 28, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #12,714 of 13,503
More questions I'm hoping maybe someone can help me with.

Does anyone get a pop noise on your sensitive HPs or iems when going from off to on or when going from extended off screen standby to on? Is that normal? Sounds almost like plugging cables to some amps and the speakers/hps make a pop noise.

Also does installing a new firmware completely wipe the current install including rooting and alterations to the Android system by the previous owner? If not how do I go about restoring a rooted and Gingerbreak DX100 to stock form?

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #12,715 of 13,503
More questions I'm hoping maybe someone can help me with.

Does anyone get a pop noise on your sensitive HPs or iems when going from off to on or when going from extended off screen standby to on? Is that normal? Sounds almost like plugging cables to some amps and the speakers/hps make a pop noise.

Also does installing a new firmware completely wipe the current install including rooting and alterations to the Android system by the previous owner? If not how do I go about restoring a rooted and Gingerbreak DX100 to stock form?

pop is normal, due to the capacitors I believe.  LINK on first page of this thread for FAQ (including rooting instructions)

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #12,716 of 13,503
Thank you for the response! I will look into going back to stock with my unit eventually and that thread will come in very handy. Good to on the pop, I had a hunch but wanted to confirm with other owners.
pop is normal, due to the capacitors I believe.  LINK on first page of this thread for FAQ (including rooting instructions)

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #12,717 of 13,503
Today I got close to a very nice little travelling setup consisting of a 2TB Hard disk and a DX100.  Same old problem though, Ibasso music player can't handle networked playing and the android based players (e.g. Neutron) which can are not able to take advantage of the mighty ESS DAC.  The setup consists of:

DX100
Samsung 2tb 2.5" drive
RAVPOWER filehub.

Note that the ravpower filehub is a cheap (£29) device which in addition to charging your stuff will act as a file server using either the usb port or the inbuilt SD slot.  It also can connect to your own wifi to pass-through the internet at no cost to speed.  This is quite a nice solution as it effectively gives your (weak) DX100 wifi a boost as long as it's close (within a few feet gives full signal) so might help with things like Spotify etc.

Using the RAVPower app (filehub) I simply browsed to the music folder on the HDD, long press on a track and selected Neutron as the player of choice.  Still works but the sound quality is not up to snuff compared to the Ibasso Music player.

PLEASE IBASSO - PLEASE OPEN UP YOUR API!!!!!!

Some pics:

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #12,718 of 13,503
  Today I got close to a very nice little travelling setup consisting of a 2TB Hard disk and a DX100.  Same old problem though, Ibasso music player can't handle networked playing and the android based players (e.g. Neutron) which can are not able to take advantage of the mighty ESS DAC.  The setup consists of:

DX100
Samsung 2tb 2.5" drive
RAVPOWER filehub.

Note that the ravpower filehub is a cheap (£29) device which in addition to charging your stuff will act as a file server using either the usb port or the inbuilt SD slot.  It also can connect to your own wifi to pass-through the internet at no cost to speed.  This is quite a nice solution as it effectively gives your (weak) DX100 wifi a boost as long as it's close (within a few feet gives full signal) so might help with things like Spotify etc.

Using the RAVPower app (filehub) I simply browsed to the music folder on the HDD, long press on a track and selected Neutron as the player of choice.  Still works but the sound quality is not up to snuff compared to the Ibasso Music player.

PLEASE IBASSO - PLEASE OPEN UP YOUR API!!!!!!

This is truly incredible!!
So you can use 2TB of music library on the go!
I never thought this will work with DX100 / R10.
Have you tried to access that 2TB HDD with your wi-fi enabled cellphone?
Can anyone try to use this with AK100 II / 120 II / AK240?

I'm sure upcoming Fiio X7 and Geekwave XD128 will be able to stream music from wi-fi HDD.

iBasso API code will not happen. I talked with a software developer who requested this to iBasso. He said, iBasso guys are ignoring him.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #12,719 of 13,503
This is truly incredible!!
So you can use 2TB of music library on the go!
I never thought this will work with DX100 / R10.
Have you tried to access that 2TB HDD with your wi-fi enabled cellphone?
Can anyone try to use this with AK100 II / 120 II / AK240?

I'm sure upcoming Fiio X7 and Geekwave XD128 will be able to stream music from wi-fi HDD.

iBasso API code will not happen. I talked with a software developer who requested this to iBasso. He said, iBasso guys are ignoring him.

Works with any device. I use it in the car to stream movies to my kids iPads (different movies to each device) from the sd card. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back