iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #12,511 of 13,503
Hello Wizard,

Just see your gear profile having the DX100 direct drive the W5000, how do you like the sound?

My DX100 drive the W3000ANV and I like it very much with every note is so smooth and at ease, with great transparency and clarity especially the vocals. I may consider to get pair of W5000 in the future so that's why I ask you.

While on the go my DX100 and the Momentum also form a good synergy but with less clean bass and smaller sound stage.

BTW right now, I'm at the cross junction that I could not decide to get the HUGO or Woo WA7 for home use.

Any recommendation? (any other to jump in are much welcomed)

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #12,512 of 13,503
Hi Yazoo,

I plan on auditioning the AT-HA5000ANV amp at the AT shop in Paris tomorrow, and also compare with the ATH-W3000ANV on both set-ups to get a feel of the differences.

I love my set-up —vocals and acoustic instruments, especially strings, sound wonderful, but I'm curious to hear how much of an improvement a proper desktop amp gives. Also, I have never heard the W3000ANV yet. So, more info after the weekend!

I tried the Momentum too, and agree with your impressions. I hope to get my hands on a used ATH-ESW11LTD some day, as that might be the closest one can get with a more portable headphone to the W5000.

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #12,513 of 13,503
Thanks Wizard for your comments & glad you love your combo too.

Enjoy your upcoming auditioning hope you could get your love one in the near future.

I'm also curious to hear the difference that a desktop DAC/AMP could deliver, especially the HUGO. I haven't read any negatives (except the physical) about it. And my wallet just keep yelling at me all the time right now 
evil_smiley.gif

Happy listening.

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #12,518 of 13,503
Why would that be a shame?  I mean I understand that a lot of people have purchased the dx100 or hdp-r10 (myself included), however they have been out for over 2 years.  Its not like they were just released and then within a few months a newer cheaper better sounding device was released.  It may not be cheaper but I am certain there are a lot of dx-50 (myself included, luckily I was within the return window and was able to send mine back in) owners that would have waited to purchase had they known the 90 was coming out so soon.  I am curious to see if the amp is implemented as well as it in the HDP-R10.  Even though it hurts to see something cheaper that may be close to the R10 in the sq department I still believe it is a great move by ibasso and is also great for the rest of us.

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #12,519 of 13,503
  Why would that be a shame?  I mean I understand that a lot of people have purchased the dx100 or hdp-r10 (myself included), however they have been out for over 2 years.  Its not like they were just released and then within a few months a newer cheaper better sounding device was released.  It may not be cheaper but I am certain there are a lot of dx-50 (myself included, luckily I was within the return window and was able to send mine back in) owners that would have waited to purchase had they known the 90 was coming out so soon.  I am curious to see if the amp is implemented as well as it in the HDP-R10.  Even though it hurts to see something cheaper that may be close to the R10 in the sq department I still believe it is a great move by ibasso and is also great for the rest of us.

+1

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #12,521 of 13,503
Everything is fine with the DX100 apart from the UI.

So far, the only thing I can do is let it play, and just try to use any control.
The lag is so bad, it exist everywhere on everything. Even skip to the next song will lag for about 1 second......
I though it was an music player...................

To iBasso:
I really do not care how many feature you have to kill to make it work, as long as you leave your music player there, I will be fine.
Really do not see  a point for an high end DAP that has wireless, bluetooth, utube or picture browsing all working worse than a 200 ipod touch, yet all these useless features are stalling the whole system so you cannot even play the music right..

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #12,522 of 13,503

So far, the only thing I can do is let it play, and just try to use any control.
The lag is so bad, it exist everywhere on everything. Even skip to the next song will lag for about 1 second......

To iBasso:
I really do not care how many feature you have to kill to make it work, as long as you leave your music player there, I will be fine.
Really do not see  a point for an high end DAP that has wireless, bluetooth, utube or picture browsing all working worse than a 200 ipod touch, yet all these useless features are stalling the whole system so you cannot even play the music right..

I only partially agree with you. They can ditch the extra crap, but I find the UI to be perfectly fine. I really have had no complaints about it like some people had. Its still a hell of a lot faster than when I had my ipod classic with the hdd filled. The only really trouble I have had with this player is the media scan function is slow (I have over 100gb of music though)

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #12,523 of 13,503
Hey mates

It s been since maybe october since i ve received any updates on this thread , seems an on going issue for me .

Regardless , i have a new inquiry

Sometime ago i purchased a OTG cable to use on my dx100 to utlilize more storage , y all helped me find the correct item  :)

Now mths later the only problem is it is a cable , always in the way , getting bumped , wont go in my carry bag or pocket while hooked up .
I ve searched for a right/left angle OTG cable less adapter , and all i ve sussed is this one

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo23-Right-Angle-Female-Adapter-SamSung/dp/B00CSIOLXY  and it wont ship to Canada .Theres another on there for 4.99, also no shipping to Canada .

Also this one ,

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7890871&srkey=yyi2-52827t

The problem with latter is i want/need a right/left angle , this wont go into my carry bag or pocket either while in use .
Any advice on how to get a good Right angle or left angle OTG with shipping to canada will be appreciated .
While were on it , off topic sorta , for my surface pro 2 i need a right/left angle usb male to female usb(or sd/or micro sd) .
This stuff is not in stores here , and no one will ship to us lowly Canucks LOL
Cheers

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #12,524 of 13,503

I really enjoy my DX100 but must agree the UI is a pain sometimes.  I've learned to just leave it be for awhile once it starts lagging or responding poorly...eventually it always clears up on it's own.

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #12,525 of 13,503

I really enjoy my DX100 but must agree the UI is a pain sometimes.  I've learned to just leave it be for awhile once it starts lagging or responding poorly...eventually it always clears up on it's own.

Agree.

I have a 90 minute commute in the morning, I get on, I start the DX100, I connect the cable to my headphones, I scan my emails and then I plug the headphones in, choose and album and press play, About the most interactive I get is a bit of volume control and choosing a second album 3/4 hour later. 

If the DX90 happens to be even better, I'd be delighted, I certainly wouldn't feel cheated. If a DX120 comes along and it's better still, I'll be even more delighted and buy one for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back