iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 14, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #12,586 of 13,503
  Interesting 

What you mean is , in each of the individual folders of artists/cds , where the flacs are , there are m3u ?

With each media scan the DX100 searches for new m3u playlist files (ones that don't already exist in its database) and adds to the playlist database. It uses the m3u file name as the name of the playlist. If the file is blank it will then create an empty playlist. I would have thought that a data reset would remove all of your m3u files.

I don't know where your m3u files are but ALL of mine are in a single folder at the same level as my primary music folder. This is where MediaMonkey puts them:

Music
  Song1.flac
  Song2.flac
  Song3.wav
Playlists
  Playlist1.m3u
  Playlist2.m3u

A couple of times in the past when disconnecting my from my computer the DX100 would choke up and rescan and duplicate all of my playlist files. I'm not sure why it happened and it was very confusing. I would end up with a full list of duplicates, like this:

Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200
Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200

The only solution was to manually delete the 200 duplicates starting from the bottom of the list. Did anything like this happen to you?

May 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #12,587 of 13,503

Mine come back when I have not deleted the m3u files in sme of my music folders by mistake. When I get rid of the m3us and delete the playlists they stay deleted

Thanks mate

Ya that was it, i went ito all my folders and deleted the m3u , and only one came back

But for some reason the playlists i created on a removable OTG dont come back  , the empty folders are still there in playlist tho , just empty. i thought DX100 would be able to rescan the card i once removed and put back at another time ,and recgognize and put those files there ?

Cheers

May 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #12,588 of 13,503

With each media scan the DX100 searches for new m3u playlist files (ones that don't already exist in its database) and adds to the playlist database. It uses the m3u file name as the name of the playlist. If the file is blank it will then create an empty playlist. I would have thought that a data reset would remove all of your m3u files.

I don't know where your m3u files are but ALL of mine are in a single folder at the same level as my primary music folder. This is where MediaMonkey puts them:

Music
  Song1.flac
  Song2.flac
  Song3.wav
Playlists
  Playlist1.m3u
  Playlist2.m3u

A couple of times in the past when disconnecting my from my computer the DX100 would choke up and rescan and duplicate all of my playlist files. I'm not sure why it happened and it was very confusing. I would end up with a full list of duplicates, like this:

Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200
Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200

The only solution was to manually delete the 200 duplicates starting from the bottom of the list. Did anything like this happen to you?

Thanks again mate

Music
  Song1.flac
  Song2.flac
  Song3.wav
Playlists
  Playlist1.m3u
  Playlist2.m3u

Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200
Playlist1
Playlist2
Playlist3
Playlist200

Well what seems to of been happening is i had m3u files in my artist folders , and this was causing all the grief , i removed all the m3u files now all those useless ones are gone .

But now for some reason the playlists i created on a removable OTG dont come back  , the empty folders are still there in playlist tho , just empty. i thought DX100 would be able to rescan the card i once removed and put back at another time ,and recgognize and put those files there ?

An awesome sounding device , but man the os is a pos lol

Cheers

May 14, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #12,589 of 13,503
Im at wits end here , now my dx100 blacks out ,tho its still on i lose  the display,as i hold power button i can feel the haptic feedback ,after constantly holding reset and vol + ( multiple tries over 30+minutes ) i get  display back , but after a healthy wait still no luck accessing any music .Then once i see my music , i lose display again ,tho i feel haptic feedback , so i still have power .

Im having a communication breakdown with Ibasso , no fault either way , i just cant make sense of their replies to me ,its like they did nt even understand or read my email , im sure its a language barrier .

Does anyone have well written englsh instructions for this tool ? Or should i even bother with the tool ? i already did a NAND wipe and a factory reset , i think this tool is smae thing as a factory reset ?

Sending this back for repairs will suck to lose it , but its looking inevitable 

Cheers

May 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #12,591 of 13,503
20 minutes?! When the Media application is lagging, I manually stop and restart it from Running services, and it gets ready much faster, even with pretty full 64GB cards. Best to leave 3~4GB free on the internal memory though, for optimal results. With less than 3GB free, it starts lagging quite a lot.

May 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #12,592 of 13,503
Maybe the DX100 is indexing your music. Application named 'Media' is running?

My DX100 really acts up when the media is running. Just leave alone for 20 minutes

Maybe the DX100 is indexing your music. Application named 'Media' is running?

My DX100 really acts up when the media is running. Just leave alone for 20 minutes

20 minutes?! When the Media application is lagging, I manually stop and restart it from Running services, and it gets ready much faster, even with pretty full 64GB cards. Best to leave 3~4GB free on the internal memory though, for optimal results. With less than 3GB free, it starts lagging quite a lot.

Wow 20 minutes is a long time , but your about bang on xnuthecaveman, it was near 20 minutes lol . Thats a long arse time to boot a device when u want to hear some tunes , my laptop takes 9 seconds , my surface pro 2 -512 GB takes near 3 seconds , just as a compare , but they don compare in sound lol . i ve been near or over an hour before for a reboot to work , and then it eats 30% + of battery in doing so ugh

Right now my internal memory has been empty for a few days , as im trying to figure this tool they recommend , i quote them

I guess your DX100 has some firmware problem.  With this tool, you can fully format your DX100, and re-load the firmware, Which can fix some problems that factory reset cannot fixed."

for the life of me i cant get the tool to recognize my dx100 , the instructions are poorly translated to english , but i ve managed to struggle through . They say the NAND reset and factory reset arent enough ,and i need to use the recommended tool .My only hope appears to be sussing this tool out , and Ibasso are no real help .They say i must use attached tool , and this is what they send me 

Its not even a file , i cant make any sense of it . i ve basically plead for more assistance with this tool and this is what i receive .They seem to think they ve attached the tool , but i found the tool on their site anyhow .

Has anyone on this forum had any experience with the tool they are recommending i use ? DX100 tool

Instructions say i must boot dx100 via vol+ and press reset 3 seconds , and this tool will recognize my dap , but after a  few days of trying , no way . My laptop sees my dap, but no way can this tool .

the wizard of oz , how do you manually stop and restart it from Running services ? When  its in lag/hanging  , press 1st symbol to left of device-settings-applications-running services ? Then what ?

Often trying this for me the app failure/crash msg pops up UGH 

This losing the display has me worried about my dap , and they assure me this toll will fix it up, but the irony is, the tool wont work 

All help and patience here is appreciated mates

May 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #12,593 of 13,503
Re: Media running, leaving it alone for 20 minutes and hangs

I was not clear about it. This is different from "the Media is Running" that you see running every time you boot the DX100. That is "Media Scanning", I think, is a simple check if there's any changes to the music database/index.

The "Media"  that hangs my DX100 happen, when the "Media" is running found at Settings ---> Applications ---> Running Services. You can stop it but it is going to be futile since it is going to restart again. This "Media" is triggered when you empty out your Music [reflash the NAND/Wipe Factory] or add a lot of music files. The Media service takes a lot of processing that's why you need to leave it for 20 minutes as it indexes your files. The 20 minutes I did only once after I reflash my firmware

As for the tool, I think this is similar to the DX50, Are you running Windows 8.1? it will not work with Windows 8.1. The Rockchip USB drivers don't support Windows 8.1

If you're using Windows 8 and lower:

Not Sure about the Driver installation part for the DX100 [you might try to skip this]
this section is for the first time you use the tool very important [driver installation, once the driver is installed, not needed anymore]
you run switch [switching to flash mode], the DX100's screen should go black.
now go to your PC's device manager, you should see a new device with a question mark.
you need to install/update the driver using the driver provided in the attachment above.

How to use
*extract the rockchip batch tool
*plug the DX100
*load the firmware you want to flash
*the tool should see the device - pink square
*click "switch"  [first button on the leftmost is language you can toggle between chinese and english]
  the dialog box should show something like [1]success [0]fail 
---->   you need to be successful here. you'll know when the pink box --> gray --> green 

* once the green box, you can click "upgrade" the upgrade process should proceed.

May 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #12,594 of 13,503
  Re: Media running, leaving it alone for 20 minutes and hangs

I was not clear about it. This is different from "the Media is Running" that you see running every time you boot the DX100. That is "Media Scanning", I think, is a simple check if there's any changes to the music database/index.

The "Media"  that hangs my DX100 happen, when the "Media" is running found at Settings ---> Applications ---> Running Services. You can stop it but it is going to be futile since it is going to restart again. This "Media" is triggered when you empty out your Music [reflash the NAND/Wipe Factory] or add a lot of music files. The Media service takes a lot of processing that's why you need to leave it for 20 minutes as it indexes your files. The 20 minutes I did only once after I reflash my firmware

As for the tool, I think this is similar to the DX50, Are you running Windows 8.1? it will not work with Windows 8.1. The Rockchip USB drivers don't support Windows 8.1

If you're using Windows 8 and lower:

Not Sure about the Driver installation part for the DX100 [you might try to skip this]
this section is for the first time you use the tool very important [driver installation, once the driver is installed, not needed anymore]
you run switch [switching to flash mode], the DX100's screen should go black.
now go to your PC's device manager, you should see a new device with a question mark.
you need to install/update the driver using the driver provided in the attachment above.

How to use
*extract the rockchip batch tool
*plug the DX100
*load the firmware you want to flash
*click "switch"  [first button on the leftmost is language you can toggle between chinese and english]
  the dialog box should show something like [1]success [0]fail 
---->   you need to be successful here. you'll know when the pink box --> gray --> green 

* once the green box, you can click "upgrade" the upgrade process should proceed.

Thanks mate

My lappy is win 7 / 64 bit , my Surface pro 2 is win 8.1 i think 

Reading  the screen goin black on dx100 kinda spooked me :)

Im a little confused on some instructions tho , but nice , and thanks you helped me find an english setting :)

im multi tasking here at work , so im even less sharp than usual lol Plz excuse questions that may make your eyes roll 
and make ya face palm .

Im a tad confused on how all this looks exactly 

"* this section is for the first time you use the tool very important [driver installation, once the driver is installed, not needed anymore]"
Am i installing some driver tool/ on my pc/laptop ? Where & how do i "  run switch [switching to flash mode],  " Do i install something to my pc ? Where am i installing this driver ?This appears to be the root of my problem ?????

" now go to your PC's device manager, you should see a new device with a question mark.
you need to install/update the driver using the driver provided in the attachment above."

i havent got that far , so i dont see a question mark , im really missing something obvious here .

How to use

"*extract the rockchip batch tool" ( Sussed that one easy lol)

*"plug the DX100 " ( then do i swith to turn on usb storage ?)

*"load the firmware you want to flash" ( For Ie DX100+Firmware+V1.4.2+Apr+24th,+2013?)

the dialog box should show something like [1]success [0]fail 

Cheers again mate

May 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #12,595 of 13,503
Regarding plug the dx100, try to press the volume+ and power. Basically you want to go a mode not usb storage ( similar to I devices) when updating the firmware

If it doesn't work - the tool doesn't sees the dx100 you need to install the driver

For the driver installation part, unplug the dx100 from PC, turn off the dx100, then press and hold volume + and power. Then plug the dx100 using usb (still holding the vol+ & power and release after 5sec. the dX100 should turn on.

Does the PC sees a new device? Unknown device . if you see that you need to install the rockchip driver.

May 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #12,596 of 13,503
Regarding plug the dx100, try to press the volume+ and power. Basically you want to go a mode not usb storage ( similar to I devices) when updating the firmware

If it doesn't work - the tool doesn't sees the dx100 you need to install the driver

For the driver installation part, unplug the dx100 from PC, turn off the dx100, then press and hold volume + and power. Then plug the dx100 using usb (still holding the vol+ & power and release after 5sec. the dX100 should turn on.

Does the PC sees a new device? Unknown device . if you see that you need to install the rockchip driver.

Thanks for continued patience mate

OK , so when i hold power and vol+ ( i have tool gui launched and dx100 plugged into laptop)
nothing happens on either end , no dx100 response , nor tool response 

UGH for some reason now , i cant even boot dx100 .No response , i even plugged into wall outlet and no life in it .So i had to do a reset via vol+ and reset .
But this way im faced with a turn on usb storage message ,and no tool response.i turn on usb storage , still not recognized 
When i

" For the driver installation part, unplug the dx100 from PC, turn off the dx100, then press and hold volume + and power. Then plug the dx100 using usb (still holding the vol+ & power and release after 5sec. the dX100 should turn on."

My dx100 greets me with a little android man , above his head is a triangle with an exclamation mark in the triange , no response from tool , not seen in device manager ( tho no matter what there is always an unknown device under other devices ,this is normal for my laptop,dx100 or not .

i sat here looking at it for maybe 15 minutes hoping fo smething good , nowt , so i did a vol+ and reset button 

Back to nowt again .

Then i tried above again , and this seemed to kill device again , had to do a vol+reset again to see life.

PS , when i say its not recognized , i mean in device manager , i can see and access the dap in windows drives Ie C , D , etc i can add o remove music etc
Im at wits end here lol
PS in case i do figure this part out , i d still be lost on next step . So using  the dx100 tool gui what is it im trying to install , one of the Rock sub drivers in this path DX100 tool\driver\Rockusb\x86\xp

Here i see  3 choices rockusb.cat , rockusb.inf , rockusb.sys

Is it one of these above  ? Or is it my firmware Ie DX100+Firmware+V1.4.2+Apr+24th,+2013

I always thought to install firmware updates as above , i dropped the img on the root of dap and rebooted , ive done that many successful times 
R U face palming yet ? LOL

Cheers

May 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #12,597 of 13,503
hmm... I guess let's keep this simple 

just try to downgrade to 1.2.7 or any firmware below 1.4.2 then do a factory reset using the one found in the Settings menu of the DX100.

then when it loads, just AC plugged and leave it alone for 20 minutes and see what happens :) if your problem disappears. just repeat the process but this time update to 1.4.2 :)

I.m using 1.2.7 rooted by the way :)

May 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #12,598 of 13,503
  hmm... I guess let's keep this simple 

just try to downgrade to 1.2.7 or any firmware below 1.4.2 then do a factory reset using the one found in the Settings menu of the DX100.

then when it loads, just AC plugged and leave it alone for 20 minutes and see what happens :) if your problem disappears. just repeat the process but this time update to 1.4.2 :)

I.m using 1.2.7 rooted by the way :)

OK i did this 

Thing is the problem ( losing display/apparently dead dap ) is intermittent , so we ll have to see over time

I just noticed something that may be implicated in this , can i get your opinion ?

When i do a factory reset , i notice i can un check automatic restore ,so alot of settings arent cleaned out ?

Is that problematic ?

Also id like to ask you what the difference is , or what it is i was trying to accomplish thru this trial with the tool 

Was i installing something on my dx100 other than the firmware ? Was the tool simply another way to install firmwares Ie 1.27/1.42 ?

From what i gather , correct me if wrong please , the purpose of the tool is to access the dx100 if its bricked 
and or has no display ?

If so it doesnt really apply or do anything different for me if i can factory reset from my dx100 ? Tho Ibasso lead
me to believe it had more access to certain things .

Im maybe going to stay with 1.27 for a bit , for two reasons , of which im open to your opinion 

1. i never had the dead(at least no display) dap issue before 1.42 ( its always been slow as heck to boot,esp. after any even minor
     changes). i suspect it may be a 1.42 issue ?

2. Am i imagining deeper/more bass on 1.27 vs 1.42 ?

3. Does a root affect sound , or dap in any way negative , like ability to play 24/192 etc .

Cheers

May 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #12,599 of 13,503
2. Am i imagining deeper/more bass on 1.27 vs 1.42 ?

Cheers

I reverted back to 1.2.7 after using 1.4.2 for about a week, the bass was over powering paired with my k3003. I find 1.2.7 gives me a perfect sound. I think 1.4.2 (from memory) did improve scan/boot times.

Oh, and rooting? Does not affect the sound in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back