iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #10,936 of 13,503
I don't have mp3tag. I'm using this program to deal with my tags, and I trust it:

http://sbooth.org/Tag/

I have this album in ALAC as my original source. I transcoded it to FLAC using Max. The tags are identical in each. Interestingly, the DX100 plays the ALAC tracks in correct order, but not the FLAC tracks. According to the Tag program, the tags are fine. I tried deleting all the tags, saving, then re-creating each tag manually. DX100 behaves the same.

Here's a screenshot of what Tag says (click to embiggen):

Mar 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #10,938 of 13,503
Hmm well I never had issues with my files showing up in order as long as the tags are listed as 01, 02, 03, 04 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4. So try give what I posted above a try and see if that fixes your issue. Because all my tags worked properly in FLAC. I even had to do the same for my playlists to get them to line up in order (Favorite Rock 01 to Favorite Rock 14).

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #10,940 of 13,503
Quote:
lee730, unless I misread what you said (apologies in advance if so), I am already doing what you said - take a look at the screenshot.

Which method do you use to access the files? Folder view? Albums, Playlists? I know playlists where having issues showing the files in reverse... Otherwise I'm not sure what is wrong if you followed my suggestion above. That always worked when I had my DX100 although I mainly used playlist to access my music.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #10,941 of 13,503
Apparently if I access the files using "Directory", things seem to be fine. It is only under "Albums" where some albums play in the wrong order. This is cumbersome because I have two places to look for all my music, the internal memory and the SD card. I shall add this to my growing "List of DX100 quirks that make me want to run head first into a freight train" (I am unusually sensitive to user interface, don't mind me!)

lee730, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. This is a great community :)

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #10,942 of 13,503
Another question for you fine folks: At the moment, I'm using UE TF10s with the DX100 (until my custom UE PRMs are delivered) and normally, I use the Low gain setting. However today I read about some people preferring the sound of the High gain setting, but obviously you have to run the volume lower.

So I tried that today and it was fun, however I started walking across the room with the player in my hand - fingers nowhere near the volume buttons - and when I set the player down on my desk, the volume suddenly SKYROCKETED WAY high for half a second and then went back to normal. Can I trust this thing not to destroy me in High gain mode on IEMs? Or am I just asking for trouble and should leave it on Low?

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #10,943 of 13,503
Quote:
Apparently if I access the files using "Directory", things seem to be fine. It is only under "Albums" where some albums play in the wrong order. This is cumbersome because I have two places to look for all my music, the internal memory and the SD card. I shall add this to my growing "List of DX100 quirks that make me want to run head first into a freight train" (I am unusually sensitive to user interface, don't mind me!)

lee730, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. This is a great community :)

You're welcome. If you can try things via playlist that may be more to your licking. That is if they fixed the bugs on 1.3.7 with playlists orders showing up backwards :frowning2:..... That wasn't and issue on 1.2.7 but you had to sync the playlists in order if you want them to show up alphabetized. So many dumb quirks as you say but the unit sounds so damn good lol :p.

Mar 2, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #10,944 of 13,503
Quote:
Another question for you fine folks: At the moment, I'm using UE TF10s with the DX100 (until my custom UE PRMs are delivered) and normally, I use the Low gain setting. However today I read about some people preferring the sound of the High gain setting, but obviously you have to run the volume lower.

So I tried that today and it was fun, however I started walking across the room with the player in my hand - fingers nowhere near the volume buttons - and when I set the player down on my desk, the volume suddenly SKYROCKETED WAY high for half a second and then went back to normal. Can I trust this thing not to destroy me in High gain mode on IEMs? Or am I just asking for trouble and should leave it on Low?

I use to use medium gain a lot as it seemed to bring the best of both worlds. High gain was a tad too aggressive for my liking (too forward). I would suggest you be careful not to activate the volume control while the screen is on or you could very well destroy your IEM and your ear drums :frowning2:. I've had the unit shoot up on me before though while in my pocket but I had a lot more time to react than I would by manually shooting it up via the screen lol.

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #10,945 of 13,503
I had some issues with some of my albums that were in ogg-vorbis playing out of order.  I tried everything, just like you.  Then xnuthecaveman recommended DriveSort (http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/) and it worked really well.    

I have so far not had any issues with flac files playing out of order.

You have some interesting problems!  
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #10,946 of 13,503
Quote:

Early on I recall a couple of folks commenting that they had this happen to them.  I find it pretty scary as my tinnitus would probably rage for two weeks after if this happened to me.  So far it hasn't.  I didn't used to, but lately I always turn off the screen with a brief power screen push if I'm carrying the unit around.

I use medium gain for all of my headphones (IEM's included) and for me it seems the sweet spot.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #10,948 of 13,503
Regarding my problem with the DX100 playing albums in the wrong order, the following fixed it:

(1) First, verify all your tags are correct and sane (mine were).

(2) Completely delete the music in question from your DX100.

(3) Unmount, disconnect USB, wait for the DX100 to re-index your catalog. This is the most important step: letting it re-index and noticing the music is gone.

(4) Re-connect USB, mount, copy the music back over.

(5) Unmount, disconnect USB, wait for the DX100 to re-index your catalog again.

Further note for you Unix types out there: don't use rsync for copying music to the DX100, as the way rsync uses temporary file names during transfer and then renaming them when complete, I think, is the reason the DX100 was ordering these songs incorrectly. It seems to care more about the order files were written to the media than the actual tagged track number, which is completely ******* braindead, but then again, this is the DX100 we're talking about here. Wouldn't want to blow anyone's mind with sane media handling!

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #10,949 of 13,503
Why use rsync when you can just drag and drop anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back