iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jan 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #10,156 of 13,503
Nope, can't agree with you on that one. Been on Android since 2.1 was hot and never in my life have I encountered a device with such abysmal wifi performance as the DX100. 
smile.gif

Using my 5 yr old DSL wireless router, the usable range of my DX100 is about 2/3 that of my Kindle Fire and cellphone. That is more than acceptable to me, as I do not use my DX100 for surfing, email, etc. I can, without fail, connect to the Google Play Store.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #10,157 of 13,503
Wow. With my router I barely get reception 10 feet away. My iphone gets signal out in the parking lot, ~ 30-40 yards. It wouldn't be so annoying, but in my case I like to use the DX100 for games/movies on my computer, which I can only do through wireless streaming.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #10,158 of 13,503
This may be an obvious question...but I have never done a factory reset as I've gone from firmware to firmware...but it seems it may be needed this time. 

Does the factory reset wipe out everything on the internal memory?  I have thousands of songs on the internal memory and wouldn't be looking forward to loading them all again.  I think it took around an hour or longer the first time around.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #10,160 of 13,503
This may be an obvious question...but I have never done a factory reset as I've gone from firmware to firmware...but it seems it may be needed this time. 

Does the factory reset wipe out everything on the internal memory?  I have thousands of songs on the internal memory and wouldn't be looking forward to loading them all again.  I think it took around an hour or longer the first time around.

A factory reset does not wipe out your songs on the internal memory unless you check the box that asks if you want to do that. You will lose your Google linking and any apps that you have downloaded. You will also have to re-enter your Wi-Fi password.

It only takes a few minutes to set up everything as it was before the reset.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #10,161 of 13,503
You have to go into settings and find it in there somewhere lol. It will give you an option to reset back to factory. It will not delete your music but will delete any installed programs you have on the unit.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #10,162 of 13,503
Not sure if factory reset is pushing that reset button on the side but that's what I did and everything seems to be just fine.

A factory reset is done via menu setting: Privacy/Factory Data Reset

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #10,166 of 13,503
I am using the DX as a source right now with the Lyr Schiit amp, magic. I have some nice Amperex A frame 6DJ8's NOS and they have settled in nicely. The detail is above what I was getting with the DX. I can hear the reed and finger movements on the clarinet and the string resonating of the guitar of Ken Peplowski and Howard Alden recordings on Concord. Just enough detail, more and it would be too much. I am using the HE6's right now. Great stuff!

Using some Amperex PQ A frame. I got about 150 nice Amperex NOS from a TV store years ago. Too bad they are so expensive now. Too bad most all of mine are in storage almost 4,000 miles from here. :^)

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #10,167 of 13,503
Quote:
A factory reset does not wipe out your songs on the internal memory unless you check the box that asks if you want to do that. You will lose your Google linking and any apps that you have downloaded. You will also have to re-enter your Wi-Fi password.

It only takes a few minutes to set up everything as it was before the reset.

Good to hear.  Here I go....

Edit:   Umm....factory reset deleted all of my music..gone.  The setting you refer to must be just for the sd card..but I don't have an sd card.  Oddly, I didn't need to change it back to English...that setting held but everything else reverted to defaults. 

Edit Again:  The music is still on there...I can see it via USB, but the player will no longer recognize any files.  Anyone have any ideas?

Edit Again:  It all just showed after a much longer media scan than usual...phew!

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #10,168 of 13,503
Quote:
Good to hear.  Here I go....

Edit:   Umm....factory reset deleted all of my music..gone.  The setting you refer to must be just for the sd card..but I don't have an sd card.  Oddly, I didn't need to change it back to English...that setting held but everything else reverted to defaults. 

Edit Again:  The music is still on there...I can see it via USB, but the player will no longer recognize any files.  Anyone have any ideas?

Edit Again:  It all just showed after a much longer media scan than usual...phew!

That's a running commentary of what exactly happened when I did a factory reset.

Also happens if you replace a new microsd card with different contents with your old one. Lol.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #10,169 of 13,503
Quite basic answer guys. On a new setup, your DX scans all storage and creates a database of your music, artwork etc.... When you reboot, it simply checks and incrementally updates the database with the changes hence long initial scan and quicker subsequent ones. When you restart or after replacing an sdcard, you'll know it's ready to play when you see a title and artwork if you use it on the home screen music player. If nothing there just be patient until the media scan is completed.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #10,170 of 13,503
I did a factory reset, just for the heck of it, since I have never done one and have done all the firmware updates. Took about 10 minutes to be ready to use again. Worth the time, it just went to the frig and got me a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back