iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #8,161 of 13,503
Quote:
...Just remembered, companies hate open source, they like closed, as to keep their secrets hidden (or bad coding.....).

I would like to give my regards and thanks to Figgie for all his work and effort and wish Ibasso would acknowledge his effort , with at least a nice email, or a small package to his door, with a ..ehm..DX100.

I wish Ibasso would have asked some other source for coding its player...its a shame...but I still consider the DX100's hardware=sound the best.

A small note aside. I have many , many Indian friends, and from whom I came to know that there are many software Indian companies that could have done the coding with a very cheap price.....but with excellent result.

From my own experience, there are many Indian software vendors that charged cheap price, with awful quality....

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #8,162 of 13,503
Quote:
From my own experience, there are many Indian software vendors that charged cheap price, with awful quality....

I'm afraid my experience has been the same. You often get what you pay for. That goes for our Indian, Chinese, Danish, Czech and German developers. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #8,163 of 13,503
I'm afraid my experience has been the same. You often get what you pay for. That goes for our Indian, Chinese, Danish, Czech and German developers. 

Ok, so with the money Ibasso is making (no need to guess with a product most of the time being out of stock), it could get a better programer, or employ figgie, that is if he accepts...:cool:.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #8,164 of 13,503
Quote:
Ok, so with the money Ibasso is making (no need to guess with a product most of the time being out of stock), it could get a better programer, or employ figgie, that is if he accepts...
cool.gif

Throwing Figgie a DX100 for fixing the software would be letting Ibasso off dirt cheap, imho...

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #8,165 of 13,503
I think it would be nice though and probably would speed this along. Remember the Hifiman 901 is around the corner... Hopefully they reading this because I am on the fence about selling my unit and getting a 901 depending on how things pan out.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #8,166 of 13,503
Why do you think you will like the 901. HIFIMAN has a house sound on all their models, is the 901 going to be that much of a difference. I don't think so. Its like a manufacture coming out with a new speaker they still have that certain house sound. A Wilson speaker will never sound like a Vandersteen.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #8,167 of 13,503
My DX100 has just arrived.  An outstanding sounding unit for playing hi-rez on the go.  Question though.  Does anyone has any trouble playing some hi-rez files?  My unit is able to play 24bit 96khz almost perfectly but struggle to play some 192khz properly.   Often times it will just froze and required a shut down or a reset.  Please provide some feedback.  Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" just won't play on my DX100.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD5099997997252

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #8,168 of 13,503
Quote:
My DX100 has just arrived.  An outstanding sounding unit for playing hi-rez on the go.  Question though.  Does anyone has any trouble playing some hi-rez files?  My unit is able to play 24bit 96khz almost perfectly but struggle to play some 192khz properly.   Often times it will just froze and required a shut down or a reset.  Please provide some feedback.  Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" just won't play on my DX100.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD5099997997252

With the original firmware there were some problems and I had some but I have had none with 1.1.7 using all high res including WAV 24/196. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #8,170 of 13,503
Quote:
I think it would be nice though and probably would speed this along. Remember the Hifiman 901 is around the corner... Hopefully they reading this because I am on the fence about selling my unit and getting a 901 depending on how things pan out.

Don't you do that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #8,171 of 13,503
Quote:
Why do you think you will like the 901. HIFIMAN has a house sound on all their models, is the 901 going to be that much of a difference. I don't think so. Its like a manufacture coming out with a new speaker they still have that certain house sound. A Wilson speaker will never sound like a Vandersteen.

No their new 901 at least from what I have heard will not suffer from rolled off treble. So I doubt it will be their "house sound." Because up til this point that was their house sound "Rolled off treble, overly emphasized bass (yet well textured) and a lush mid-range.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #8,173 of 13,503
Now going on 16th consecutive hour at work... Global software rollouts are a bitch. Boy am I happy that I have a spare DX100 charger here!

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #8,175 of 13,503
Hi folks

Pardon this post as I am writing this while laid out in bed.

Thanks for the info. The code points to two different lines for music time location. Oneis the "scrub" bar and the other is the button press. The iissue is that this "time-lapse" is based as the file is read on power on.

Eq- it is a very simple 2 dimension array which is stored in db file. Why they just don't leave the array in RAM for faster read is beyond me. each unique array, is tied to a central frequency and assigned a q value. I will have to test something out. The eq can be made to have more channels no problems (just add more arrays). In other words change it from a 7 channel parametric eq to say a 1/15 octave or 1/30 octave eq. The issue will be to draw them correctly on the real estate that it has. This of course is lower priority than the file search pop issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back