iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #4,261 of 13,503

Quote:

Quote:
You may not be able to bring yourself to use the Clip even on the bus once you've gotten use to the DX100. :)

I still spend more time using my mobile phone for music playback outside as compared to the DX100 though.

My Z is still used 90% of the time outside, with TF10!

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #4,262 of 13,503

Quote:
Just curious though. When using power amp do you have the direct volume control enabled? I'm finding I'm liking this feature to be disabled and even turning off EQ on Power Amp. Seems like you get more dynamics and a bigger sound stage this way, while also using less volume on the amp. Would be curious to hear others opinions on this. I'm also noticing the bass has more texture and depth this way. More attention is drawn to it.

I haven't been using the poweramp anymore. I reverted back to the stock player because I find that it sounds better.

I have been using the poweramp with EQ and Tone off.

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #4,263 of 13,503
"With Poweramp, this is the ULTIMATE best music player I have used except for Colorfly C4, which remains unsurpassed till date IMO."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/1155#post_8291022

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #4,264 of 13,503
You know you're right. I haven't been giving the Stock player  a go in a while and it really does sound quite good. Guess I'm gonna try and sync everything via playlists. If someone doesn't mind repeating what I need to download to get all the album art to show up? Is there a way to get this all done on the fly via the computer instead of relying on the DX100 through the app?

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #4,265 of 13,503

Quote:
Quote:
Just curious though. When using power amp do you have the direct volume control enabled? I'm finding I'm liking this feature to be disabled and even turning off EQ on Power Amp. Seems like you get more dynamics and a bigger sound stage this way, while also using less volume on the amp. Would be curious to hear others opinions on this. I'm also noticing the bass has more texture and depth this way. More attention is drawn to it.

I haven't been using the poweramp anymore. I reverted back to the stock player because I find that it sounds better.

I have been using the poweramp with EQ and Tone off.

Strange, After turning off many options of what Lee suggested (except for replaygain and kept the priority to normal as both may consume more power), Poweramp sounded better and cleaner, esp. the Bass , more controlled!

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #4,266 of 13,503
Quote:
You know you're right. I haven't been giving the Stock player  a go in a while and it really does sound quite good. Guess I'm gonna try and sync everything via playlists. If someone doesn't mind repeating what I need to download to get all the album art to show up? Is there a way to get this all done on the fly via the computer instead of relying on the DX100 through the app?

From what I've heard, the playlist function on the stock player is screwy. I am making do without album art also. Still awaiting for a revision on the stock player but right now the sound is making me willing to be inconvenienced.

Quote:
"With Poweramp, this is the ULTIMATE best music player I have used except for Colorfly C4, which remains unsurpassed till date IMO."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/1155#post_8291022

"With Poweramp, this DX100 is the ULTIMATE best music player I have used except for the DX100 with stock player, which remains unsurpassed till date IMO."
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #4,267 of 13,503
Go get cover art downloader here. It works wonders.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5iaXJiZWNrLmFuZHJvaWQuY292ZXJhcnQiXQ..

Reorganizing files is a PITA. Some of my files are still showing up out of order and I have no idea why

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #4,268 of 13,503
I have a question regarding organizing music cd's with more than 1 disc? I have multiple cd's with more than 1 disc and with the way I currently organize it places all of the them into the same  album folders labeled "disc 1" and "disc 2" depending on the disc number

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #4,269 of 13,503

Quote:

Lee, I tried and wasted lots of time trying to figure it out on the PC, the problem is from android (version) itself not ibasso's player, as poweramp uses its own software to decode IDTAGS. the only solution is to use one of the below apps, and for me the best is:
1-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citc.aag&feature=search_result
2-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaXJiZWNrLmFuZHJvaWQuY292ZXJhcnQiXQ..
3-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.itagcover&feature=search_result

If one fails the other will/might get it!

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #4,270 of 13,503
Is this a bug? You know all about the sound DX100 makes when you turn on and off, ok?But after a song is finish and turn the screen on to select another song, or folde with power buttom or up/down volume, i hear the same pop.
Is this normal?Thanks and i hope the new firmware will come out soon to fix those bugs.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #4,271 of 13,503

Quote:
Is this a bug? You know all about the sound DX100 makes when you turn on and off, ok?But after a song is finish and turn the screen on to select another song, or folde with power buttom or up/down volume, i hear the same pop.
Is this normal?Thanks and i hope the new firmware will come out soon to fix those bugs.

Yeah it happens to my unit as well. Funny thing is it doesn't always happen with power amp.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #4,272 of 13,503

UElover could you just try out my suggestion and then report what you think of Power Amp compared to the Stock Player. Just try and shut off the "Direct Volume Control" listed under "Advanced Tweaks". I feel the sound improves significantly. Let me know what you think. I'm not using EQ either. Sound staging is definitely bigger than the Stock Player. The stock player is slightly more intimate with a smaller sound stage. I feel with Power Amp there is more depth to the music.
Quote:
From what I've heard, the playlist function on the stock player is screwy. I am making do without album art also. Still awaiting for a revision on the stock player but right now the sound is making me willing to be inconvenienced.

"With Poweramp, this DX100 is the ULTIMATE best music player I have used except for the DX100 with stock player, which remains unsurpassed till date IMO."
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #4,273 of 13,503

Quote:

Lee, I tried and wasted lots of time trying to figure it out on the PC, the problem is from android (version) itself not ibasso's player, as poweramp uses its own software to decode IDTAGS. the only solution is to use one of the below apps, and for me the best is:
1-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citc.aag&feature=search_result
2-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaXJiZWNrLmFuZHJvaWQuY292ZXJhcnQiXQ..
3-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.itagcover&feature=search_result

If one fails the other will/might get it!

I'm probably gonna continue anyways and make the playlists so in the event ibasso does get everything working with the Stock Player. I may just stick with it. One thing that draws me to the Stock player is vocal presentation. There's something about it that catches my attention.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #4,274 of 13,503

Quote:
UElover could you just try out my suggestion and then report what you think of Power Amp compared to the Stock Player. Just try and shut off the "Direct Volume Control" listed under "Advanced Tweaks". I feel the sound improves significantly. Let me know what you think. I'm not using EQ either. Sound staging is definitely bigger than the Stock Player. The stock player is slightly more intimate with a smaller sound stage. I feel with Power Amp there is more depth to the music.

I have spent the past 30minutes comparing between the poweramp and the stock player with two tracks - one on live music and the other on vocals.

The stock player sounded richer and lusher in the mids that renders the vocals seductive. It is as if some reverbs have been added to the vocals, giving it a slight drag and additional weight.

Poweramp is less rich and lush. Vocals fall back in line with the rest of all the other instruments. I think it is this that gives it greater transparency and make easier for us to hear the entire music and not be drawn into any particular area.

I would see each having their own strengths and weaknesses. But since I listen mostly to jazz and vocals, I think I will stick with the stock player for most of the time.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #4,275 of 13,503
I have spent the past 30minutes comparing between the poweramp and the stock player with two tracks - one on live music and the other on vocals.

The stock player sounded richer and lusher in the mids that renders the vocals seductive. It is as if some reverbs have been added to the vocals, giving it a slight drag and additional weight.

Poweramp is less rich and lush. Vocals fall back in line with the rest of all the other instruments. I think it is this that gives it greater transparency and make easier for us to hear the entire music and not be drawn into any particular area.

I would see each having their own strengths and weaknesses. But since I listen mostly to jazz and vocals, I think I will stick with the stock player for most of the time.

You are right on the money......no third party music app brings anything to the table sonically as they attach to the stock music players API. If one is hearing any difference, it is ESP. and reason I have always dislike Power Amp and Neutron music player s as they shaped the sound the most! Cloudskipper has alays been my preferred music player but looks terrible on thr DX100.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back