iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #4,291 of 13,503
I am a raving Android fanboy, but until ICS/Android 4.0 came along, even I could see that the OS needed some polish if it was ever to sway any iOS users. ICS is so much nicer, more responsive and much more coherent than any of the previous iterations. 

And that DX100 wiki is just plain awesome, great idea!!

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #4,292 of 13,503
Good to know I'm not the only one that finds the stock player to sound better. Poweramp and PlayerPro are nice and all, but the stock player sounds so much cleaner and more dynamic. I always get the sensation that there is a low background hiss with other players.

I guess I'll have to put up with the crappy UI of the stock player and hope one day they'll improve it :)

Quote:
I haven't been using the poweramp anymore. I reverted back to the stock player because I find that it sounds better.

I have been using the poweramp with EQ and Tone off.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #4,294 of 13,503

I don't hear any hiss with my DX100, not even when there is no music and i have volume set at 200.With my ATH-W3000ANV is dead quiet.And this is only 40+hours.Can't wait to hear how much the sound will improve at 200+ hours.
I may not be a very good audiphile out there, but DX100 is all that i ever wanted in a DAP, even the size doesn't batter me, very happy with it.Hope the 1.07 will be released soon to impove what is allready best.
wink.gif

Quote:
I hear and never heard any hiss from the DX100.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #4,295 of 13,503
http://www.headfonia.com/headfonia-tips-keep-your-amps-at-low-gain/

Any truth in this article with a DX100? Also how are you guys organizing albums with multiple discs to put on the dx100. It's combining all my multi-disk albums onto 'albums' labeled 'disc 1', 'disc 2' etc

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #4,296 of 13,503

Any truth in this article with a DX100? Also how are you guys organizing albums with multiple discs to put on the dx100. It's combining all my multi-disk albums onto 'albums' labeled 'disc 1', 'disc 2' etc

Some albums I had to change the tags to ALBUM: AlbumnameCD1 & AlbumnameCD2 . Of course CD1 and CD2 then show up as different albums.

There is a problem with some tags on Android. I have a couple of albums that no matter what I do with the tags they show up as CD1 CD2 etc. This is on the stock player, in Cover Art Downloader, etc. PowerAmp loads the tags without issue - it has it's own method of dealing with tags.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #4,297 of 13,503

Quote:

Any truth in this article with a DX100?

Well, that article is, at least partially, irrelevant to the DX100, since the DX100 uses digital volume control, rather than an analogue potentiometer. Other aspects of the article may perhaps be relevant to the DX100, though I can't say I've experimented very much with the various gain settings on mine.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #4,298 of 13,503

Quote:
Some albums I had to change the tags to ALBUM: AlbumnameCD1 & AlbumnameCD2 . Of course CD1 and CD2 then show up as different albums.
There is a problem with some tags on Android. I have a couple of albums that no matter what I do with the tags they show up as CD1 CD2 etc. This is on the stock player, in Cover Art Downloader, etc. PowerAmp loads the tags without issue - it has it's own method of dealing with tags.

Pudu, this is with .wav files :wink:...makes it even more challenging xP I think I did figure it out though. Just gotta name each folder
'album name[Disc 1]' etc for the time being.

Apr 9, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #4,299 of 13,503

Quote:
Heard alot of great reviews of Colorfly C4 but didn't have a chance to do any audition.

Would appreciate it if you could share the comparison between DX100, and why do you think it is better than DX100.

Thanks alot!

Quote:
"With Poweramp, this is the ULTIMATE best music player I have used except for Colorfly C4, which remains unsurpassed till date IMO."
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584479/new-sony-walkman-z-series-mini-review/1155#post_8291022

I have quoted from the supplied link. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #4,300 of 13,503
Quote:

Strange, After turning off many options of what Lee suggested (except for replaygain and kept the priority to normal as both may consume more power), Poweramp sounded better and cleaner, esp. the Bass , more controlled!

turokrocks, you mean we shouldn't apply gain or should apply gain?

And i don't get what is the difference normal or high priority mean on Poweramp?

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #4,301 of 13,503

Quote:
And i don't get what is the difference normal or high priority mean on Poweramp?

Priority is from the perspective of the allocation of system resources for Poweramp. A high priority means that in the event when system resources is low, Poweramp will be given priority over other applications.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #4,302 of 13,503

Quote:
Priority is from the perspective of the allocation of system resources for Poweramp. A high priority means that in the event when system resources is low, Poweramp will be given priority over other applications.

Thank you uelover

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #4,303 of 13,503
Hello HeadFi..ers,
I know it's been a while since I've contributed anything on Head-Fi, please forgive me, but I've just gotten hit with DX100 fever, which burns starting at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm sure.
I tried today to pre-order a DX100 and put down a reserve payment, but when I did I didn't find any way of reserving a unit,  my only choice was to pay the full price. Furthermore the full price came out to....get this: $10,829. The $10,000 was just for shipping. I know shipping prices to and from China are expensive, but, lol.....Anybody find similar problems when it came to making payment? I did notify IBasso about this right afterward. Just thought you guys and gals would like to know.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4,304 of 13,503
Preorder was for preorders, you are a bit late to the party. sorry.

and iBasso changes the weight of the DX100 to the actual weight when they want people to order it. They change the weight to 9999grams when they arent taking orders.....thus the price is what you saw

Quote:
Hello HeadFi..ers,
I know it's been a while since I've contributed anything on Head-Fi, please forgive me, but I've just gotten hit with DX100 fever, which burns starting at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, I'm sure.
I tried today to pre-order a DX100 and put down a reserve payment, but when I did I didn't find any way of reserving a unit,  my only choice was to pay the full price. Furthermore the full price came out to....get this: $10,829. The $10,000 was just for shipping. I know shipping prices to and from China are expensive, but, lol.....Anybody find similar problems when it came to making payment? I did notify IBasso about this right afterward. Just thought you guys and gals would like to know.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #4,305 of 13,503
Ever seen anything with a $10,000 shipping charge, even a piano, ever?  

That's what I thought.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back