IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Feb 17, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #166 of 439
I got it work with a 3-pole plug on the Elite end.
Interestingly both D16 3.5mm stock IC cables are showing only 1 black pole ring
Will search for another cable around the house

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #167 of 439
Interestingly both D16 3.5mm stock IC cables are showing only 1 black pole ring
Will search for another cable around the house
2-pole is fine for the coax out of iBasso’s DAPs, which is why (I’m guessing) the cables included with the D16 are 2-pole. Can’t say why the Elite is different…

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #168 of 439
Just tried using DC Elite as DDC into Ibasso D16.
Long pressing the button turns on white light as described by Ibasso.
Setting D16 to Coax (which yet worked out of my Ifi Zen Stream just fine)
Plugging any of the stock D16 3.5mm cables
But: no connection
DC Elite is showing up on IPhone "no device" is its name funnily but that's how it is displayed using Elite in normal Dongle mode too and working fine there in that normal mode.

Any more hints or maybe someone else tried DC Elite as DDC into D16?
It's similar for me (xd05 pro). Try not to push the elite side plug all the way in.

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #169 of 439
It's similar for me (xd05 pro). Try not to push the elite side plug all the way in.
Indeed.
Very finicky but I am getting a connection now in a position just a tiny fraction of a millimeter plug-in position which will disconnect at the slightest movement.
So I assume the 3 pole IC will do the job right.
Must have such still from years ago at home.
Will try tomorrow evening after returning from my travel

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #170 of 439
Indeed.
Very finicky but I am getting a connection now in a position just a tiny fraction of a millimeter plug-in position which will disconnect at the slightest movement.
So I assume the 3 pole IC will do the job right.
Must have such still from years ago at home.
Will try tomorrow evening after returning from my travel
@quaddac I ve now tried 4! different SE cables with 2 black rings (which I assume means 3 pole configuration) none of them is working with the plug fully inserted into DC Elite in Coax mode but only if inserted until first stop and finicky connection.
Or will I need 3 black rings on the plug which translates to a 4 pole adapter then?
Can you please post a link to your cable?
@Paul - iBasso would be great to get some official commitment from Ibasso which cables to be used for the DC Elite Coax connection

Thx!

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #171 of 439
@quaddac I ve now tried 4! different SE cables with 2 black rings (which I assume means 3 pole configuration) none of them is working with the plug fully inserted into DC Elite in Coax mode but only if inserted until first stop and finicky connection.
Or will I need 3 black rings on the plug which translates to a 4 pole adapter then?
Can you please post a link to your cable?
@Paul - iBasso would be great to get some official commitment from Ibasso which cables to be used for the DC Elite Coax connection

Thx!
Here's the one I use (currently out of stock): https://hisago-denzai.com/products/onso-coxc_01_3232

The 4-pole on the right goes into the Elite, the 2-pole on the left into the D16.

IMG_3138.jpeg

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #172 of 439
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #173 of 439
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #174 of 439
So it's 4 pole on Elite side, Thx!
Curious about Paul's answer as this is really nothing one can easily find on the market.
Is 4 Pole on both sides uncritical?
Just tried using 4-pole into D16 and 2-pole out of my DX320 - doesn't work. 2-pole out of the DAP and 2-pole into D16 works fine, so it looks like D16 doesn't accept a 4-pole plug.

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #175 of 439
Just tried using 4-pole into D16 and 2-pole out of my DX320 - doesn't work. 2-pole out of the DAP and 2-pole into D16 works fine, so it looks like D16 doesn't accept a 4-pole plug.
Thx alot!
Actually that was meant to be a fun project, now becoming more of a challenge 😂
So as I see it now a custom manufactured cable is needed.

Usually I would stop here but still the value of DC Elite working as the tiniest DDC is still tempting.
I will later try to compare USB vs Coax and see if it's worth it for me.
A great part listening time for me is stationary anyway and there I can use some uncritical Cinch into 3.5mm 2 Pole cable

Feb 18, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #177 of 439
Where did you vet that cable?
Link?
I bet any cable manufacturer can easily create such a cable - I will first wait for an official commitment of Ibasso and then ask my local cable manufacturer

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #179 of 439
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back