IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Feb 11, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #153 of 535
*deleted*

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #158 of 535
So I just got a DC Elite, and man, the glowing impressions in the thread are all warranted. This little powerhouse is amazing. It's a toss-up on which I prefer for overall SQ with the Elite and my iFi Sig Finale. Also same day, I received the Dunu Glacier. Elite & Glacier is a match made in heaven.

20240215_093400.jpg

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #159 of 535
So I just got a DC Elite, and man, the glowing impressions in the thread are all warranted. This little powerhouse is amazing. It's a toss-up on which I prefer for overall SQ with the Elite and my iFi Sig Finale. Also same day, I received the Dunu Glacier. Elite & Glacier is a match made in heaven.

20240215_093400.jpg
Wait until the DC Elite burns in some. Great little device.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #160 of 535
Really liking the DC Elite so far. Yes, it is true, it sounds quite good. Spacious with great techs, and a subtle, delicate musical character that sorta reminds me of a brighter Mojo 2. It might be worth mentioning though, I've been trying it in different setups and noticed there is a TON of distortion with high sample rate files on Qobuz and Windows 11. And the playback is sped up. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl has this problem, for instance. 192khz sample rate.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #161 of 535
Really liking the DC Elite so far. Yes, it is true, it sounds quite good. Spacious with great techs, and a subtle, delicate musical character that sorta reminds me of a brighter Mojo 2. It might be worth mentioning though, I've been trying it in different setups and noticed there is a TON of distortion with high sample rate files on Qobuz and Windows 11. And the playback is sped up. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl has this problem, for instance. 192khz sample rate.
Sounds like an issue with the app and not the DC-Elite. The Elite is just a dac and amp. The source would be the issue.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #162 of 535
Sounds like an issue with the app and not the DC-Elite. The Elite is just a dac and amp. The source would be the issue.

Probably. It doesn't happen with any other device though. But it also didn't happen via Android and Qobuz -> UAPP either. Who knows. Maybe it is specific to my PC so I will keep poking around.

Edit - It doesn't happen using Qobuz -> Audivarna on the same PC with the same tracks, so yeah, probably just something with the Qobuz desktop app.

Honestly, this is one of those devices that just speaks straight to my gadget nerd heart.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #163 of 535
Maybe this is the problem: if you change the sampling rate in the Windows system tray, then restart qobuz - then you will avoid the effect à la Chip&Dale

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #164 of 535
Bit ungainly, but works well enough. I can't say how much better it is compared to the Mojo's USB in, or compared to a dedicated DDC, but I certainly enjoy what I'm hearing.

Just tried using DC Elite as DDC into Ibasso D16.
Long pressing the button turns on white light as described by Ibasso.
Setting D16 to Coax (which yet worked out of my Ifi Zen Stream just fine)
Plugging any of the stock D16 3.5mm cables
But: no connection
DC Elite is showing up on IPhone "no device" is its name funnily but that's how it is displayed using Elite in normal Dongle mode too and working fine there in that normal mode.

Any more hints or maybe someone else tried DC Elite as DDC into D16?

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #165 of 535
Just tried using DC Elite as DDC into Ibasso D16.
Long pressing the button turns on white light as described by Ibasso.
Setting D16 to Coax (which yet worked out of my Ifi Zen Stream just fine)
Plugging any of the stock D16 3.5mm cables
But: no connection
DC Elite is showing up on IPhone "no device" is its name funnily but that's how it is displayed using Elite in normal Dongle mode too and working fine there in that normal mode.

Any more hints or maybe someone else tried DC Elite as DDC into D16?
I got it work with a 4-pole plug on the Elite end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back