IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #91 of 414
Do you guys think the Elite sounds better than the DX260?
I haven’t heard the DX260 but the Elite is streets ahead of the only other dongle I’ve owned, the Lotoo Paw S1. The Shanling M3 Ultra, which is now a transport, costs about the same and is no where near the Elite in SQ.
It is more revealing, detailed, controlled and musical than my DX300 Amp12.
Based on what I’m reading on the DX260 forum, the Elite will certainly be a competitive choice and depending on your gear, a very complimentary addition.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #93 of 414
I haven’t heard the DX260 but the Elite is streets ahead of the only other dongle I’ve owned, the Lotoo Paw S1. The Shanling M3 Ultra, which is now a transport, costs about the same and is no where near the Elite in SQ.
It is more revealing, detailed, controlled and musical than my DX300 Amp12.
Based on what I’m reading on the DX260 forum, the Elite will certainly be a competitive choice and depending on your gear, a very complimentary addition.
Thank you. I have to think twice :)

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #94 of 414
Imho nothing can beat DC Elite from price to performance ratio, also no DX260.
Only thing is you always need a streamer like a mobile phone or another DAP and a battery source.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #96 of 414
I would have to test what the synergy would be between the Meze 109 Pro and the DC-Elite.
Ok,let's rephrase: for IEMs.
I believe DC Elite is fine with sensitive DD Overears too but for more difficult ones like Planars I believe you will profit from better amplification.
I am still super curious how first impressions will be of pairing DC Elite with the new PB5 mobile tube amp.
That one will be no contest for Overears for sure.
I wished iBasso built-in some true LO mode in DC Elite

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #97 of 414
Ok,let's rephrase: for IEMs.
I believe DC Elite is fine with sensitive DD Overears too but for more difficult ones like Planars I believe you will profit from better amplification.
I am still super curious how first impressions will be of pairing DC Elite with the new PB5 mobile tube amp.
That one will be no contest for Overears for sure.
I wished iBasso built-in some true LO mode in DC Elite
But the Meze 109 Pro is easy to drive
Some review: https://majorhifi.com/ibasso-dc-elite-review/

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #98 of 414
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #101 of 414
I'm definitely not immune to honeymoon phases, so I'm trying to be restrained, but I'm on day 3 of listening to the DC-Elite and I'm having a hard time understanding how this dongle is able to produce this kind of sound. Disclaimer: I mainly use higher-impedance earbuds, so no IEMs and no headphones. I've been listening to the DC-Elite with my TGXear Sunniva, which at 180ohms are not super-easy to drive well. In fact, I don't love how this set sounds from the Amp14 on my DX320, but the synergy with this dongle is hard to believe. I usually use my Sunniva with my Shanling H7 and love the pairing, but I don't find myself missing anything with the DC-Elite, which is a first for me and a dongle. Dongles usually feel compromised in some way, but not this one. Pretty remarkable.

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #102 of 414
My Craft Ears 6 become some kind of monster on the Ibasso Dc Elite lol, made me relisten with them my whole library again lol

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #103 of 414
Wish I had my Mest Mk3 right now, the Dc Elite with them would blow me away into the mentor Multiverse lol

Feb 2, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #104 of 414
Has any one compare this to the Woo Audio mini?

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #105 of 414
Power supply. I think it may matter and is quite important. The Elite connected to the phone consumes approximately 724mW. Connected to the "dedicated" USB 3.1 port for DAC, DAC-UP 2 (aorus z390 designare mobo) consumes 550mW. It is similar with other USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports on my PC. Only when connected via the Thunderbolt or USB 3.2 port, it consumes about 700mW. Phone + USB C hub with PD + elite also about 687mW. However, the voltage of the USB port in the hub is 4.75. In all other scenarios it is 5V.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back