IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Feb 2, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #77 of 414
It absolutely is the real deal. A DAP killer real deal!
I’m beginning to believe that is true. One thing of note… If you listen to a power hungry set, turn the attenuator down as soon as you finish listening to avoid a blown eardrum if the next set doesn’t need much power

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #78 of 414
I’m bringing to believe that is true. One thing of note… If you listen to a power hungry set, turn the attenuator down as soon as you finish listening to avoid a blown eardrum if the next set doesn’t need much power
No blown eardrums thankfully, but had a bit of a shock when I changed headphones! Lesson learned.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #80 of 414
I can not listen and work effectively. It is like, if not listening, you are missing a real performance. I don't care if someone thinks I am hyping or other people are thought to be hyping. If you haven't heard this, you don't know. And if I read and not heard, I would assume well it most likely is good but come on. . . stop already.

This is no trick, they have figured out something I have been waiting to hear since CDs came out with digital.

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #81 of 414
I don’t know why I can’t increase volume from here on my iPhone but only by the attenuator, so to be true I don’t increase volume by raising it up but by increasing the Power What? Lol
IMG_6268.png

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #82 of 414
I can not listen and work effectively. It is like, if not listening, you are missing a real performance. I don't care if someone thinks I am hyping or other people are thought to be hyping. If you haven't heard this, you don't know. And if I read and not heard, I would assume well it most likely is good but come on. . . stop already.

This is no trick, they have figured out something I have been waiting to hear since CDs came out with digital.
Spot on! I thought perhaps I was gushing a bit with my initial thoughts, but really, I will be revisiting some (a lot) of my favourite music just because of the Elite. IBasso have a real hit on their hands. I hope it sells well for them. And I look forward to the next incarnation ( in a couple years..). I was initially interested in the DX260 and had decided to go for it if the Elite was not up to par; That is no longer the case (sorry iBasso).

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #83 of 414
I don’t know why I can’t increase volume from here on my iPhone but only by the attenuator, so to be true I don’t increase volume by raising it up but by increasing the Power What? Lol
IMG_6268.png
My M3 Ultra volume doesn’t work either - the attenuator does the job - I like it. Apparently Apple doesn’t allow you to use the phone’s volume control. Along with Shanling by all accounts..

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #84 of 414
My M3 Ultra volume doesn’t work either - the attenuator does the job - I like it. Apparently Apple doesn’t allow you to use the phone’s volume control. Along with Shanling by all accounts..
I Think it is also some kind of protection to avoid the risk of becoming Deaf lol, and on the other hand I like it too :wink:)

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #86 of 414
Spot on! I thought perhaps I was gushing a bit with my initial thoughts, but really, I will be revisiting some (a lot) of my favourite music just because of the Elite. IBasso have a real hit on their hands. I hope it sells well for them. And I look forward to the next incarnation ( in a couple years..). I was initially interested in the DX260 and had decided to go for it if the Elite was not up to par; That is no longer the case (sorry iBasso).
I'm also deciding between Elite and DX260. I'm just afraid that the Elite will "drink too much battery" from my LG V40.

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #87 of 414
I'm also deciding between Elite and DX260. I'm just afraid that the Elite will "drink too much battery" from my LG V40.
new iBasso y-cable with small power bank and problem solved

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #88 of 414
That’s a fair consideration. Maybe invest in a CB19 and a small Anker powerbank. Still miles ahead price-wise.
I have a battery pack for my iPhone that will keep it charged (magnetically) while I use the Elite.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #90 of 414
Do you guys think the Elite sounds better than the DX260? I was basically thinking about the LG V40 + DC Elite and the Meze 109 Pro. Although I would prefer just one device like the DX-260
For me, both burned in, they are just very different and frankly, both very enjoyable. They are really very different IMO and complement each other in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back