iBasso DB2 Question / Problems
Jun 5, 2014 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
I have just received a second hand iBasso DB2 from a user on here and unfortunately I seem to be having problems with it. I am using the DB2 with my Duet amp connected via the mini to mini jacks on both units and I have used it with the following inputs:

DX50 Via coaxial cable

iPad / iPhone via lightning to USB connector and USB cable into DB2

PC into DB2 via USB

On all of these methods I am getting constant Jitter in the music. I have tried three different USB cables to see if that is the problem, it isnt. Ive also tried a different mini to mini connection and that isnt the problem either. I have noticed however that when I am getting the Jitter the blue power light on the DB2 is flickering constantly....disconnect the devices and the light stops flickering. 

I have also tried turning the DB2 off and on wth devices connected and disconnected.....It plays fine for about a minute and then the jitter starts again. this is the same if I disconnect the devices with the DB2 switched on.

I have contacted the seller who has confirmed that the DB2 was working fine when he posted it....although it arrived with me the next day with the battery completely flat and lifeless. He has also suggested that it could be an amplification problem (hmmm dont think so - not on all sources)

Can anybody shed any light on this or offer advice before I escalate a claim with Paypal?

Jason

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Would a low battery level on the DB2 potentially cause Jitter? Also does the battery drain any quicker if you use the coaxial input over the USB input?

I ask this because iBasso state that the DB2 when charged has 13.5 hours playback and I had probably used this for a maximum of 5 hours?

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 6
It could be a bad battery. It uses two.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Jitter is caused by low battery...when fully charged everything is working fine.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 6
I bought the db2 from you so this is the same unit. After talking with the ibasso tech they told me the battery is on the way out. A replacement battery is $20 delivered. When replacing the battery I found the old battery has ballooned to double the size. Lucky it didn't explode before I replace it.

No more jitter now after arround 5 hours running time and the sound quality has improved significantly. I guess because the circuit has been working with less than optimal power before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back