2008830123329.JPG

D3 Python has come!
regular_smile .gif

Main Features:
- Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip + TI PCM2706
- USB signal input, provides I2S interface for decoding
- 4ch Amp architecture
- Line out function, allow it to work as a standalone USB-DAC
- 2-Setting Gain Switch for impedance matching (+3/10dB)
- Powered by 5 AAA batteries. With 5 AAA alkaline, the play time is longer than 100 hours
- Measures 55*21*92mm, and weighs 130g
- Comes with one silver and one black enclosure, also comes with leather pouch, USB cable, warranty card, and owner¡¯s manual

Aug 30, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 101
Bah...that's sweet. <drool> So frickin tempting but I have spent way to much money this last week heh.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 101
Last week I was waiting to see specifics on the D3 this week...but now I'm not sure if I want to give up portability for desktop use, having seen the specs. Choices, choices...
triportsad.gif

What's with this four channel amp thing? How does that affect the circuit, and is it changed from the D2 (I note it's not mentioned in the Boa's specs)?

How good is this *as a DAC* compared to less-portable alternatives? That battery thing is annoying me...

Also, bugger the lack of PMPs with no USB output capability to feed this thing with. Or any sort of digital output, at that. :p

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 101
It has the same specs as the D2 Boa but slightly bigger size (more like the size as the D2 Viper) and because of the ability to use 5xAAA batteries it now lasts 100 hours compared to the 38 hours of the D2 Boa.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by dle4e_2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think opamp rolling is not supported in D3.

Bummer. Not that they didn't use nice ones to start with, but I like fiddling with the chips. Even if the "rolling" moniker still makes me giggle.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has the same specs as the D2 Boa but slightly bigger size (more like the size as the D2 Viper) and because of the ability to use 5xAAA batteries it now lasts 100 hours compared to the 38 hours of the D2 Boa.

If I ever have to listen to the thing 38 hours straight, there will probably be serious sleep-deprivation induced hallucinations involved and the music will sound plenty good whether or not there's actually anything playing.

BTW, note that it's 100 with Alkaline batteries. It will probably be some percentage of that with rechargeables.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashmedai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I ever have to listen to the thing 38 hours straight, there will probably be serious sleep-deprivation induced hallucinations involved and the music will sound plenty good whether or not there's actually anything playing.

BTW, note that it's 100 with Alkaline batteries. It will probably be some percentage of that with rechargeables.

Still would be lots better then 38 hours.
biggrin.gif
The battery thing is nice mainly for the pop in and forget thing. It is nice having one less thing to charge though if you have to charge a DAP, a cell phone, and a laptop.

And my D2 Viper has under 20 hours and I have to charge that thing like 2-3 times a week. I do alot of Amp/DAC listening with it at work. But I love its opamp rolling abilities to change sound signatures enough to not want any other portable amps atm.

Aug 30, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 101
Hmm...I was thinking I'd just jack it in for the night like I do everything else, but a once-weekly recharge cycle does really sound like it's worth popping the batteries out.

Bugger...I should just go start a thread somewhere with my current equipment and such. Lots of questions and limited access to gear for auditioning purposes.

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #12 of 101
Posted this in the D2 Boa thread but may as well do it here also.

D2 Boa's size is 51mm * 21mm * 82mm
D2 Viper's size is 51mm * 20mm * 94mm
D3 Python's size is 55mm * 21mm * 92mm

For the curious like me.

Ibasso D2 Viper vs Ibasso D3 Python vs Ibasso D2 Boa vs Cowon D2

"Comes with one silver and one black enclosure, also comes with leather pouch, USB cable, warranty card, and owner¡¯s manual"

If typed correctly on Ibasso.com, the D3 Python apparently comes with 2 cases when ordered. A silver and a black case you can interchange. That is just sweet.

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #13 of 101
Ok, done :)

Maybe hasty but I need to sort out a portable rig in the next 2 weeks, and I was so close to buying the IQube but no DAC and mucho cash has put me off. 100 hours use is massive, a big plus, and at £138 inc shipping its a great price too.

No I just play the waiting game.

And yeah, post 101 too.

BT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back