iBasso D3 - my experience with customer service
Nov 18, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 25
The best thing would be mu metal but the cost. I have never had a problem but then I don't use the iphone as a source.

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 25
I will not use it with an iphone. Only my laptop and maybe a dvd player if i want to use headphones when watching a movie.

Will Bluetooth or WiFi cause any RF issues with this amp too?

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #18 of 25
I have both and it doesn't interfere with the D3.

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 25
OK, I just put my cellphone next to my D3 and made calls. I tried speaker phone, regular, vibrate, max volume.
Tried it with my son's cell: no prob.

No interference whatsoever. No disturbance to the sublime Beethoven late quartet I am listening to.

I think paulyblatz is being irresponsible to say that if you are around a lot of cellphones the D3 is problematic.
That is simply untrue IME. I have used my D3 at my local Starbucks, surrounded by cellphones and have NEVER had a problem.

paulyB the only thing you can say is that you have a prob using your iphone, to extrapolate that to the universe of cellphones is quite a stretch, to say the least.

MT TT has an unshielded phono cable (Full blown Linn, Graham tonearm)
I used to pick up radio stations with that TT when it was in the corner. I moved it and the Rf was gone.

So I went to the same corner with the Ibasso D3 and:....NO RF.
I live across from a school in a noisy urban environment and have had no probs.

So, for those of you worried about these probs they do seem to be rather isolated incidents rather than the norm.

So man up, buy the damn thing .........or not :)

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #23 of 25
so, my first unit was DOA from static electricity, and just got my new one. It works perfectly and I am very pleased.

What was interesting to me, was that the new one was packaged identically to the DOA unit. So, whatever they fixed in the D3 to prevent static from breaking it, was done internally in the amp. They did not pack it wrapped in that silvery plastic. I hope I am the last one to experience this problem. I doubt iBasso wants to continue dealing with returns and broken amps, so likely future D3s will not be susceptible to ESD. I am reassuring buyers that you should not have a DOA unit, but if you do, there is plenty of evidence of good customer service in the posts in this forum.

BTW I have not noticed any RF interference. The amp is perfectly silent between tracks.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #24 of 25
I guess my unit was blown up in transit too...I dont know, I know that I am not the only one who experienced this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingcrib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, my first unit was DOA from static electricity, and just got my new one. It works perfectly and I am very pleased.

What was interesting to me, was that the new one was packaged identically to the DOA unit. So, whatever they fixed in the D3 to prevent static from breaking it, was done internally in the amp. They did not pack it wrapped in that silvery plastic. I hope I am the last one to experience this problem. I doubt iBasso wants to continue dealing with returns and broken amps, so likely future D3s will not be susceptible to ESD. I am reassuring buyers that you should not have a DOA unit, but if you do, there is plenty of evidence of good customer service in the posts in this forum.

BTW I have not noticed any RF interference. The amp is perfectly silent between tracks.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 25
Tom What cell carrier do you have?
Find an AT&T phone crank the volume to 2'oclock and hang out for a while.
If you dont notice anything then you have a special unit?

tacitapproval is your wife a ATT phone??

Perhaps its the 3G phones, I dont know...it would be useful to figure out exactly what it is for others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back