Ibasso D2..
Jan 17, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #167 of 529
I'm still wondering how it compares to the Pico, which I've recently purchased. I'm trying to convince myself that there's no way a $200 amp sounds better than a $500 one, but I'll be sorely disappointed if that's the case...

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #168 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still wondering how it compares to the Pico, which I've recently purchased. I'm trying to convince myself that there's no way a $200 amp sounds better than a $500 one, but I'll be sorely disappointed if that's the case...

I'm on the other side with you
redface.gif

The 'true' cost of any amp is its producer's own secret.
Look at the the Mini^3, its kit costs <100$ but its value is on par with 200-300$ amps.
I'm counting down to weekends...
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #169 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What matters is how whatever you have sounds to you. Some people feel fine with just the amp out section from an iPod and that is ok. Maybe to some the D2 will sound better and others it will not. What matters is what you hear and enjoy the price "shouldn't" figure into it. Also bare in mind that the exchange rate in China is around 7.5 to 1 dollar so it really isn't a "$200" amp though I wouldn't call it a $1400 amp either. :^)

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #170 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And how long does it often take to ship from iBasso to the US?

I purchased a D1 two weeks ago and it took exactly one week from ordering to listening. They email you when it ships so you can track it. When it leaves Hong Kong, it only takes it 3 days to get to your door. Thats HK - CA - Alaska - CO - Ut.

Check UPS tracking out for this h6981263027.

I was very impressed.

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #171 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased a D1 two weeks ago and it took exactly one week from ordering to listening. They email you when it ships so you can track it. When it leaves Hong Kong, it only takes it 3 days to get to your door. Thats HK - CA - Alaska - CO - Ut.

Check UPS tracking out for this h6981263027.

I was very impressed.

Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

What a pity when I check their website that they don't ship to my country which is very very near HK
mad.gif
That's why I must ship to my family address in CA.
redface.gif

I've just popped in their site... the D2 is still not there... keep counting down
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #172 of 529
I heard from iBasso because I was anxious to know about delivery of the D2 and it appears that there was a delay in the cases due to a holiday coming up. As I experienced in China when I was living there, everything shuts down because that is when it is mandated that people can go on vacation but the problem with that is that "everyone" goes on vacation and in China that is a lot of people.

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #176 of 529
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Ibasso is currently, or very close to, Chinese New Year and are on vacation atm.

Either way I'm very excited to hear more on this amp. The price point as well as combination dac/amp will serve me quite well, though I must admit I want to take a listen to the pico. I might need to contact Xin and tell him to take me off his list if everyone chimes a positive review once these start shipping
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #177 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happymonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Ibasso is currently, or very close to, Chinese New Year and are on vacation atm.

Either way I'm very excited to hear more on this amp. The price point as well as combination dac/amp will serve me quite well, though I must admit I want to take a listen to the pico. I might need to contact Xin and tell him to take me off his list if everyone chimes a positive review once these start shipping
biggrin.gif

Yes they are. I was told that if the (my) D2's didnt get shipped by the end of this week. They wouldnt be shipped until after the Chinese New Year festivities were over, and If memory serves me, I think the Chinese New Year is a Two week long affair.
eek.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #178 of 529
I just purchased a K701 and I now definitely need a headamp. Is there a pre-order process on the D2?

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #179 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased a K701 and I now definitely need a headamp. Is there a pre-order process on the D2?

Nothing Official. There are few members here who have contacted ibasso directly, and have pre-paid for a D2.

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #180 of 529
I'm a little confused between the D1 and D2, could someone clear this up for me

the D2 has better DAC and amp design

but the D1 has better versatility with the coax/optical input as well as being able to use it as a standalone DAC as such

Is that somewhere in the right ballpark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back