Ibasso D2..
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #46 of 529
I tried using Sizeasy to compare the size between the iBasso D2, HeadAmp Pico, and RSA The Predator, and it seemed like they were all pretty close (the D2 was still the biggest by a slight margin).

But comparing prices, the D2 wins by a huge margin.
tongue.gif

All we need now is sound...

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #47 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am expecting iBasso to use the 4-channel architecture of the P2 amplifier in the amp section of the D2. I have been able to achieve a better overall sound from the P2 than the D1, but this has been after much experimentation. The potential is better with this design, I believe.

Hey Ron,

My P2 should be here by the weekend.

What changes (i.e. end result) did you make to better the D1? If you can just link me to where you might have posted, I would appreciate it. I am heading out of town and am going to try to make due with only a PDA phone till Sunday (after tonight).

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #48 of 529
Frankly letting the configuration that it comes with burn in does well. The sound that you end up with, in my opinion, is very good.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #50 of 529
Too busy getting ready to leave for my father's funeral to listen to the P2 tonight. For the trip I'm bringing what I know I like, my Headsix and Lyrix.

I'm passing on the D2 and getting the Predator instead, as my small (Headsix and Tomahawk sized) DAC/AMP.

Jamato8 - Don't forget, I was the one person who ran the iBasso D1 for 400 hours stock, before I rolled any opamps.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:36 AM Post #51 of 529
Those of us who want DIP socket design on the D2 should e-mail iBasso Audio and let them know. It seems they actually care for feedback, and it'd be nice to see the D2 the way we want it right from the get go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #52 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those of us who want DIP socket design on the D2 should e-mail iBasso Audio and let them know. It seems they actually care for feedback, and it'd be nice to see the D2 the way we want it right from the get go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just emailed Ibasso for the dip socket design will post their reply as soon as i received.

Regards,

Dec 16, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #54 of 529
They are swaying heavily towards the dip feature. Of course it will not end up being the small unit like the Pico or Predator but with opamp swapping comes the fun of maxing out a unit to ones own ear. If they use the P2 as the amp section this thing will be a killer. The P2 has a sound that has a dimension and speed to it that has to be heard. I am also looking forward to seeing the Pico being released and hope to get one, I just wish it had optical in. Oh well. The Predator sounds like it will be a great unit also. Much on the horizon.

Dec 16, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #55 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are swaying heavily towards the dip feature. Of course it will not end up being the small unit like the Pico or Predator but with opamp swapping comes the fun of maxing out a unit to ones own ear. If they use the P2 as the amp section this thing will be a killer. The P2 has a sound that has a dimension and speed to it that has to be heard. I am also looking forward to seeing the Pico being released and hope to get one, I just wish it had optical in. Oh well. The Predator sounds like it will be a great unit also. Much on the horizon.

But the D2 will be much cheaper!
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #56 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just emailed Ibasso for the dip socket design will post their reply as soon as i received.

Regards,

I emailed them on the same a while back. They responded stating that the D2 would have sockets.
cool.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #57 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed them on the same a while back. They responded stating that the D2 would have sockets.
cool.gif

Great. I'm not expecting a giant-killer in the D2 (against the HeadAmp Pico/RSA The Predator), but I wouldn't mind if it were.
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #58 of 529
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

Thanks for the info and good news for us.

Update: I just received an email, my P2 already cleared the customs here in Incheon Airport in Seoul Korea. Hope to received it by tommorow.

Keep it up Ibasso!

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #59 of 529
I ran my P2 for almost 100 hours while I was away for my dad's funeral. I returned today and 'm listening to it right now, and it is very nice.

I haven't been in the mood to do ANY detailed comparisions yet. The D1 at this point has a bit more bass energy, and slightly smoother treble. But, the D1 opamps aren't stock, with the AD797 opamps in LR AD8397 in buffers, and it has about 500 hours on it, vs 100. The P2 is quite good though, with very good detail and presense/ambience, without sounding distant at all.

However, I have Predator coming and I likely wont get a D2 at this time. My D1 makes a great home amp, and the Predator gets to fight over my laptop with my Headstage Lyrix as a USB portable. I figured I had to give a smaller USB DAC/AMP a shot, not because I don't like the Lyrix sound, but if smaller sounds just as good, then I have to know.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #60 of 529
Update:

I just received Ibasso reply as per Mrarroyo's info dip socketed opamps will be implemented and black and silver/white finish will be available. Additionally no bass boost but has 3 position gain switch and new enclosure design with markings and label on the main enclosure.

Cant wait to see the enclosure!

Forgot to include the WM8741 will impose additional $10, Ibasso want to know if it's ok with us and 4 channel technology will be implemented as with the P2.

My P2 has just arrived this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back