iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
Mar 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #1,351 of 4,153
They must be really busy making D10s and are backlogged.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #1,352 of 4,153
Most of the time I receive the iBasso amp before I get tracking or a separate confirmation - I've bought a D1, P2, D2 Viper, D2 Boa, D3 Python, T4 and D10 Cobra and never had a problem. When the D2 Viper were not released yet and I pre-ordered Jan 08 and waited a couple of months, but that was expected on a pre-release order.

Mar 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #1,353 of 4,153
They must be catching up with demand now. They responded to my email and said my D10 would ship tomorrow (after placing the order yesterday).

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,355 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or does the optical cable have an extremely loose fit?

It is the toslink, they fit like that, at least in my experience.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #1,356 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or does the optical cable have an extremely loose fit?

Naw, I just wasn't pushing hard enough. I'm an idiot. If I ever ask such a stupid question, I give anyone permission to reach through the internet and punch me in the face. Just watch the nose.

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #1,357 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes something like that; or recase the amp myself and shield that properly. wrap ERS paper around the amp but not of course your cellphone or you wont get any calls.

When I first got my D10, it got static (sounded like what you get from cell phone EMF, but slightly different), which I assumed was from some nearby equipment (I had a cell phone and a cordless phone near by, including a monitor, CPU, computer speakers, network switch, and a router). Since my desk is a mess with wires going everywhere, and the cables to the D10 were not long enough to move it around, I had to wrap the D10 in tin foil and the static went away. I removed the tin foil just now, and the static is gone, although it could just be my equipment's EMF changing due to usage.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #1,358 of 4,153
I am throwing in the towel and sending back the D10. iBasso said I just need to scan/take a picture of the USPS receipt showing I shipped it and they will send me a replacement once they get my email with the scan.
frown.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #1,360 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by npcraig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am throwing in the towel and sending back the D10. iBasso said I just need to scan/take a picture of the USPS receipt showing I shipped it and they will send me a replacement once they get my email with the scan.
frown.gif

Were you rolling opamps/buffers when this started to happen? Just curious.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #1,361 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My cellphone sits 3ft away from my D10 and even when it is ringing, I don't get any RFI. My laptop with WI-FI sits inches away and again no RFI.

If your mobile phone is in 3G/UMTS mode, most probably D10 or other electronic devices will not effected by the RFI. The worst RFI effects is when mobile phone is in iow 2G signal reception, which, it have to transmit with higher Tx power to base station/tower.

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #1,362 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were you rolling opamps/buffers when this started to happen? Just curious.

I had rolled in the past, but all this happened just in the middle of listening.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #1,363 of 4,153
Guess what, I just received iBasso D10, and listening to it right now. I ordered it on 2009-03-09, 3 days ago. Very quick delivery.

Initial impression
Packaging : So simple and looks cheap. I got all the accesories and currently charging through my Thinkpad T61 USB.

0 hours impression with 250+ hours Phonak Audio PFEs, grey filters + medium silicone tips : Low gain mode. Compared to my T61 headphone out and Nuforce Icon Mobile. Volume at 3 o'clock. Stock/default settings. No EQ.

Micheal Jackson, Bad special edition (2001), FLAC.
The bass is richer and fuller. Excellent. No sibiliant noticed.

Celine Dion : Power of Love, 320 kb/s MP3
Compare to Nuforce IM, mids/vocal are a bit back. Good treble extension, sound very delicate.

Diana Krall :
How Insensitive : Deeper and more bass quantity.
Temptation : Bass sound much more neutral. Very delicious vocal/mids. Treble: no complaint at all. No sibiliant noticed.

Japanese pop : Yuming, U-miz album. MP3 128 kb/s
真夏の夜の夢 (Manatsu no yo no yume) : Summer's night dream.
Fuller bass, neutral vocal/mids and effortless highs.

Eagle's Hotel California (live 1994), OGG VBR
Perfect. smooth, effortless and flowing sounds, from low to highs. Excellent.

Initial verdict: No complaint, everthing just perfect. Very good match with PFEs. Nuforce IM also very good at it's price. Compared to D10, IM have forward mids and less bass quantity. I am still like IM, because it have mic input (NE-7Ms) and 2 headphones ports. My wife and I can listen at the same time when watching her favorite "Deperate Housewives" series
smily_headphones1.gif

Head/Soundstage seem to be larger than Nuforce IM. IMHO, soundstage preceptions are closely related to sound signature. More/deeper bass quantity and laid back mids might give us a larger head/soundstage perception.

PFEs do excel at certain volume level with a good amp.

Finally: I am not an audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif
, but I do appreciate a good sound. My search is over for time being... D10 + PFEs = imagine it by yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

Mar 12, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #1,365 of 4,153
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess what, I just received iBasso D10, and listening to it right now. I ordered it on 2009-03-09, 3 days ago. Very quick delivery.

Initial impression
Packaging : So simple and looks cheap. I got all the accesories and currently charging through my Thinkpad T61 USB.

0 hours impression with 250+ hours Phonak Audio PFEs, grey filters + medium silicone tips : Low gain mode. Compared to my T61 headphone out and Nuforce Icon Mobile. Volume at 3 o'clock. Stock/default settings. No EQ.

Micheal Jackson, Bad special edition (2001), FLAC.
The bass is richer and fuller. Excellent. No sibiliant noticed.

Celine Dion : Power of Love, 320 kb/s MP3
Compare to Nuforce IM, mids/vocal are a bit back. Good treble extension, sound very delicate.

Diana Krall :
How Insensitive : Deeper and more bass quantity.
Temptation : Bass guitar sound much more neutral. Very delicious vocal/mids. Treble: no complaint at all. No sibiliant noticed.

Japanese pop : Yuming, U-miz album. MP3 128 kb/s
真夏の夜の夢 (Manatsu no yo no yume) : Spring's night dream.
Fuller bass, neutral vocal/mids and effortless highs.

Eagle's Hotel California (live 1994), OGG VBR
Perfect. smooth, effortless and flowing sounds, from low to highs. Excellent.

Initial verdict: No complaint, everthing just perfect. Very good match with PFEs. Nuforce IM also very good at it's price. Compared to D10, IM have forward mids and less bass quantity. I am still like IM, because it have mic input (NE-7Ms) and 2 headphones ports. My wife and I can listen at the same time when watching her favorite "Deperate Housewives" series
smily_headphones1.gif

Head/Soundstage seem to be larger than Nuforce IM. IMHO, soundstage preceptions are closely related to sound signature. More/deeper bass quantity and laid back mids might give us a larger head/soundstage perception.

PFEs do excel at certain volume level with a good amp.

Finally: I am not an audiophile
smily_headphones1.gif
, but I do appreciate a good sound. My search is over for time being... D10 + PFEs = imagine it by yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

Very good impressions - I think you are right on track with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back