iBasso D10 battery not charging? Is it dead already?
Sep 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MusicFirst

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a used D10 (dated May 2009), and the battery has worn down. When I try to recharge it through the wall-wart, the tiny red charge indicator doesn't turn on whether I set "charge" to "on" or "off." After an hour of "charging," the D10 still doesn't turn on.

Can the battery be dead already? This thing is only 14 months old. Even if the original owner had been recharging it every single day, the battery should still give 25%, 10%, heck, even 5% juice!

What's the worse case scenario here: dead battery and dead charging circuit?

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 4
Were you told it was in good order before purchasing? iBasso normally has a rapid turn around time on repairs if needed, which it may. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 4
I fold the culprit. Those torx screws are a major hassle because I never seem to have the right bits lying around. Anyway, upon cracking open the box, I found that the original owner, when he replaced the caps, had soldered one of them too closely to a trace on the PCB, and that it was shorting out the circuitry. Anyway, I applied some tape to the capacitor pin, and now the amp is running beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back