iBasso D10 amp section Vs P3+
Jul 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
Apart from 4 channel layout and wonderful options for rolling, can P3+ beat D10 as an amp in sound quality?

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 9
Couldn't be far from similar.

Aug 31, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couldn't be far from similar.

I don't understand this statement. Do you mean the P3 sounds a lot better?

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand this statement. Do you mean the P3 sounds a lot better?

I meant that they had to be pretty much the same. But recently, I've heard alot about the D10 amp section to be decent, and that its the DAC that really shines. So that must mean that the P3(+) is better. The new OEM will beat everyone though. Jamato8 said that they could drive home phones the same way a home amp would. With 12 aaa batteries

Aug 31, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 9
It is my experience that based strictly on the sound of the amplifier section, the P3+ SQ can better that of the D10, largely due to the additional opamp rolling options in the buffer and ground sections and the premium quality circuit components.

The P3+ is also capable of higher output levels, as the supply voltage is greater than that of the D10.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is my experience that based strictly on the sound of the amplifier section, the P3+ SQ can better that of the D10, largely due to the additional opamp rolling options in the buffer and ground sections and the premium quality circuit components.

The P3+ is also capable of higher output levels, as the supply voltage is greater than that of the D10.

Do you mean Higher output level and higer supply voltage is the indication of a good amp?Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. many thanks.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you mean Higher output level and higer supply voltage is the indication of a good amp?Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. many thanks.

No, I do not mean that. There are many amps with higher supply voltages and output levels that sound far worse than either the D10 or P3+!.

I was only comparing P3+ and D10. Both have excellent amplifier sections, but P3+ was designed specifically to excel as an amplifier only. It does this very well. Given the right combinations of opamps in LR, buffers, and ground, the P3+ is capable, IMO, of outperforming many amps costing hundreds of dollars more.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 9
I will go for the P3+. Just got a LD DAC-1 for my home rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back