iBasso D1 problems
Nov 9, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #31 of 56
Anyone here has a source for good quality USB cable with the dampers? Ofcourse I'm googling it too but would like to know if you guys have a source that you know is good. Thanks!

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #32 of 56
@unbiased, No, I don't have problems with the power cord, my problem is with the usb input.

@Audelic Norm, I have tried another cable with the ferrite core before, it was worse than the stock iBasso cable, problem happens more often.

I posted pics of the cable in the other iBasso thread when I first discovered this problem. Well, that cable was roughly the same length with the iBasso one, I'll go try to find a longer usb cable and post my findings back here. Thanks for the suggestion Audelic Norm, I'll see if I can find a longer usb cable.

Nov 30, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #33 of 56
Hmm... my left channel is much louder at lower volumes of around 7~9 o'clock with my HD650.

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #35 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoAv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be from 7-8 but yes, I think all of the D1's have this problem.

Hmm... that's a problem... I find anything much above 8 to be pretty loud.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #36 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... that's a problem... I find anything much above 8 to be pretty loud.

Which cans do you use ? the 650 can't be loud on 9' .

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoAv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which cans do you use ? the 650 can't be loud on 9' .

Wish I could say that, but yeah... to me it's pretty loud.

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #38 of 56
I have never had this problem. I have found my D1 to be well balanced from a very low volume to maxed for my hearing.

Dec 1, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never had this problem. I have found my D1 to be well balanced from a very low volume to maxed for my hearing.

Ditto.

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #40 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto to that. In fact it sounded more balanced in low volumes than my RSA Hornet/Tomahawk and MSeed Spirit.

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audelic Norm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been very happy so far, except for a few glitches.

I am having this same problem with the D1 I just got. I am using very sensative IEMs. When I first turn on the volume knob (7 oclock) the left channel increases in sound while the right stays nearly silent. Then all of the sudden the right channel volume catches up rapidly at 8 oclock (~10%). By 9 oclock it is starting to get too loud. I have the feeling there is still a slight imbalance even after passing the 8 oclock position with a slight left bias. I can alter the balance in my player, but it seems the bias does not follow a constant ratio. After 9 oclock the balance seems equal but at that point it may be too loud to tell.

What causes this and why it is also an issue with the other amps? Are the buffers/signal-path impedence not perfectly matched or something?

Don't tell me the answer is to spend money on good quality headphones
600smile.gif
which I am preparing to do anyway...
wink.gif

From I read, it seems to be a common problem with volume knobs in many inexpensive portable amps.

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From I read, it seems to be a common problem with volume knobs in many inexpensive portable amps.

I also experience this problem, but it's nothing to me. Maybe it has to do with opamps? What opamps are you using?

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also experience this problem, but it's nothing to me. Maybe it has to do with opamps? What opamps are you using?

I'm using LTC6241(DAC)+LT1364+LME49720*2 now. Female voices never sound so attractive!

I took HeadphoneAddict's advice to turn down the volume a bit on my source (Foobar2000) so I can turn the volume knob pass 9'oclock to be out of the problematic area. For more information, see the following post:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/re...ml#post3405456

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #44 of 56
Hi.

I have a serious problem with my D1. Yesterday, after using it for a couple of hours on batteries, I've decided to connect the power adapter to charge the unit back up, without turning it off. After a few minutes I started hearing one of the relays click at irregular intervals (few seconds). Looking at the unit I saw the charging light go from red to green then back to red and so on, so I quickly grabbed the power jack and pulled it out. The jack was very hot.
This morning I removed the case and tried charging it again but I got the same result after one minute. The connector was hot, so I touched the two diodes next to the power connector and they were very very hot. The charging circuitry on the bottom of the board was hot too. I suspect something went wrong with the power adapter and I'm trying to get my hands on a multimeter to check its voltage. I really hope that the unit is not damaged because shipping to China and back is really expensive for me, not to mention the time it takes for it to get there/here
frown.gif

Does anyone have any ideeas on what might have happened? I was really enjoying the D1
frown.gif

LE: I've got my hands on a multimeter and it looks like the adapter puts out 12v without load but after connecting it to the D1, the voltage drops to 10.2v which doesn't look right.

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #45 of 56
The jack is supposed to get really hot when it's charging the batteries.

As for the repeated red/green light changing, it's because the power adapter doesn't rest well inside the socket. You have to eliminate stress on the cable in order for it to be stable. Even a tiny jolt one way or another can cause it to not connect properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back