iAudio X5 line-out
Feb 7, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by soMn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I can't remember who originally made it, but it's basically just compiled from the iaudiophile forums. PM me if you want a copy and I'll email it (450K).

Actually, that was me over on iaudiophile.net...I wrote that document in early 2006 a year or so after I got my X5.
wink.gif
Yeah, I know this is a pretty old thread, but my X5 is still alive and kicking and I can't bring myself to get an S9 yet (which is a gorgeous player but still has some flaws). I was looking on here to see what people had done for X5 LODs or if anyone had messed with it...lol!!

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #17 of 18
Now I remember why I didn't do this a while back -- the line out via the Gomadic connector seemed to have a distinct low end roll off when compared to the excellent headphone out. Guess I won't be messing with it after all... If anyone wants that PDF of pinouts and junk, just PM me.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #18 of 18
Bit of an old thread I know but...

I have a couple of questions:

1st.

Does anyone know when I could get the HP/IPAC ICP-21 piece from the UK?
(don't particulaly feel like paying more for shipping out of the US then the item itself)

2nd.

I was going to connect this to an amp, through the line out. Are you guys saying it's better to connect it directly to the headphone jack?

EDIT: Also, does anyone still have the PDF?

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back