iAudio X5 60Gb
Oct 17, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar
Soooooo......is there anywhere these are *really* available? For US purchasers? Cowon's website still doesn't have them, and they don't show up at all in a froogle search. Does anyone actually *own* a 60GB X5? I gotta be honest, I think this is a load...we were told by Cowon several months back that the 60GB version was not going to come out in the US (if at all). It's certainly possible that they've changed their minds, but I can't see why they would just release them to a couple of eBay merchants and not sell the 60GB X5 on their own website.

It's me, Kermitz, again. The 60 GB iAudio X5 does exist. I'm now a happy owner of one. Got it last night in a Hong Kong "Broadway" store in Mong Kok. Listed price HKD 3790. I'm lucky to be visiting right now. The players arrived to the store only 3 days ago and I was the first to buy one. This leaves unanswered the question of its availability to North-American purchasers. But since the physical existence of the item has been confirmed, it should be just a matter of time.
k1000smile.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #32 of 41
I notice the width is listed as 0.56 inches. Does anyone know where they're measuring? One end is significantly different from the other. Also, I wonder if this has the ability to randomly shuffle across all music folders. Oh, and does this player function as a plug 'n' play hd, meaning no software needed?

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
I notice the width is listed as 0.56 inches. Does anyone know where they're measuring? One end is significantly different from the other. Also, I wonder if this has the ability to randomly shuffle across all music folders. Oh, and does this player function as a plug 'n' play hd, meaning no software needed?

I was just about to ask the same question...
icon10.gif

Does the X5 mount itself as a hard drive (to allow drag and drop like the M3)? The M3 apparently preserved the file (tree) structure just as would be found on your computer's hard drive and was accessible as such through the player. Any audio related gripes with the X5?

Oct 17, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Also, I wonder if this has the ability to randomly shuffle across all music folders.

I have a similar question. I've got my music sorted in the following folder format:

genre > artist > album > track title.

Would the x5 be able to automatically play/shuffle all tracks in a specific genre folder for example? ie. can it play/shuffle between folders within folders?

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #36 of 41
Looking at the pics in that first link, it shows the 60GB with a remote. I didn't think any of the X5s came with a remote or am I wrong on this? I was actually getting ready to order the 30gb X5L, but with the price difference not all that much, I'm wondering if I should hold off for the 60gb. For some reason though I have a feeling that Ecost's price may go up when they actually get it in.

Other than storage size, there doesn't seem to be any additional features with the 60gb. Correct? I'm just wondering if I would really need that much space plus the extra battery life of the 30gb would really come in handy for me. My main purpose for getting one would be to put my CDs currently in heavy rotation on it in a lossless format.

Oct 18, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Okay, I think I just found one of the answers. The dimensions say "exluding lcd", which is up at the fatter end of the player, so they must be measuring the thinner part at the bottom for that .56 inches.

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kermitz
I'm visiting Hong Kong now and I've been looking for iAudio X5 60GB everywhere. "Broadway" chain stores don't have it yet. Many others haven't even heard of it. Does anyone know where I can buy a 60GB iAudio X5 in Hong Kong? Thanks.

Try the following places:

Wan Chai Computer Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai

Golden Computer Center, 94A Yen Chow Street, Sham Shui Po

Mongkok Computer Centre, 8-8A Nelson Street, Mongkok

MONGKOK HI-FI CENTRE, 61 Tung Choi St, Mongkok

cool.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gords
I have a similar question. I've got my music sorted in the following folder format:

genre > artist > album > track title.

Would the x5 be able to automatically play/shuffle all tracks in a specific genre folder for example? ie. can it play/shuffle between folders within folders?

Yes, my X5 60Gb shuffles between folders. You can select "Play" on a directory and it'll shuffle among all subdirectories within it.

Oct 24, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Why can't iAudio engineer start adding in an id3 tag based browsing software improvements instead of making hardware improvements? Other than that, I think this player is totally awesome.

Their latest firmware update was out last week which covers DRM. I think that they are working on ID3 next.

Best price I have found so far the 60gb in the UK is this place for £275:
http://www.hitech2go.com/fulldescrip...pid=365&cid=14

Oct 24, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #41 of 41
Can anyone who's bought one of these comment on the rumoured 10,000 file limit? Is there a file limit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back