iAudio X5 60Gb
Oct 2, 2005 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

ColStripe

100+ Head-Fier
Oct 3, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColStripe
They are starting to show up.

That's cool that they're doing a 60 now.

Does anyone know if X5's show mp3's with Album Artwork? Does it display the same as the iPod photo or can you see the artwork of the song playing filling the screen... that would be an interesting feature for me.

ZT

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 41
Nice. Now if the price drop a lil by holiday seasons, it would make a nice gift... for myself
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
No album artwork on X5's.

Really? I just assumed they would. A missed opportunity considering the lovely colour screen.

ZT

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 41
yeah, a option to do that would be nice I guess, though I don't really care for it myself

I'm glad the 60GB version is finally out, but I wish it didn't come out right before my birthday as I'm planning on trying to use the money I get for something else...

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 41
Considering the screen is turned off 99% of the time, it's a feature I wouldn't use. But still, one can never have enough features
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #10 of 41
I never understood the big whoop about album art work. Why? What does it do? What function does it serve? On the ipod, the art work is so tiny, many albums just look like dark blobs of nothing. I just don't get it.

Oct 3, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #11 of 41
it is sort of like having the cd case right there with you. why do people like to buy cd's with fancy and colorful graphics on the sleeves? same thing, except holding your music on a dap deprives you of this luxury. album tags give it back to you. music is more than just sound too, it is a package.

ideally, all music would come in music video versions that can be played on a pmp. except the quality of most music videos is worst than the quality of most music out there in reality. oops.

Oct 3, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #12 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by st5150
I never understood the big whoop about album art work. Why? What does it do? What function does it serve? On the ipod, the art work is so tiny, many albums just look like dark blobs of nothing. I just don't get it.

You do realize, of course, that you have to punch the select button to enlarge the cover, right? I think it's a pretty cool feature, personally.

Oct 4, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #13 of 41
Does anyone know if the 60gb X5 will be available in the X5L version?

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #14 of 41
Strange that the 60GB version isn't available on iAudio's own web store.

Grrrrrr...where was this when I needed a new mp3 player 3 months ago? Oh well...at least I have a reasonable upgrade path now for when my iHP-140 dies again.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back