iAudio U2 vs. iPod Shuffle: Pure SQ
Dec 23, 2005 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

carsncars

100+ Head-Fier
Running un-amped, out of the headphone out (duh), both on a 320kbps MP3, which (in your opinion) sounds better? I'm in the market for a sweet-sounding 512Mb player right now.

I'm swayed by the U2's EQ, that's for sure... I like my bass.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 11
If you want eq or a screen, there's no contest. Sound quality won't make up for features you feel are necessary. That said, I wouldn't give up my shuffle for any dap I have experience with.

Dec 23, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 11
The iShuffle is the biggest waste of space on the planet. You pay loads..... for absolutely nothing and a feature which is almost on every DAP in the world. Apple need better thinkers if they are gonna pursuade me to change.

Dec 23, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
Running un-amped, out of the headphone out (duh), both on a 320kbps MP3, which (in your opinion) sounds better? I'm in the market for a sweet-sounding 512Mb player right now.

I'm swayed by the U2's EQ, that's for sure... I like my bass.
tongue.gif

It appears to me that carsncars is asking for sound quality comparisons. Has anyone heard both under conditions that would permit an informed response?

Dec 23, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #6 of 11
Well, I'd say a screen does matter, but iTunes evens the playing ground in my books since that's what I use to manage my music. No screen with iTunes = screen without iTunes.

None of the other features really matters... Even if you haven't had a chance to properly test both, what's your opinion? I'll probably be using a pair of 20$ Sony's anyhow.

Dec 23, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 11
I love the soundquality on the shuffle. I don't feel like I need an amp with it, and it drives my um2s and even my ps3000s very well. It's a great little device.

Dec 23, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 11
I loved the sound quality on my shuffle. It found it to be quite accurate (even with the cheap earbuds included) and found it to have much more clarity and a cleaner bass than the iPod Minis I had listened to.

Dec 23, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 11
Never heard a shuffle, but I have the iAudio 5 (I guess they sound the same as the u2's). The 5 compared to my Karma is a close call, I would have to say the 5 wins but not by much. I use the 5 with my new um2s and they sound great together.

Dec 23, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 11
My Shuffle sound just slightly better then my Zen micro. However both are much much better SQ wise then the iPod 4gen and iPod mini's that I've heard. I've never heard anyone complain about the iAudio 5, like they do with iPods but then no ones really raved about its SQ like they do Creative players and the Shuffle (in terms of SQ).

I assume its decent but not blow your boots off.
basshead.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 11
Everyone over at iAudiophile.com is an iTune convert from apple to iAudio anything. Check out the U3. All the former iPod owners swear that they sound like crap compared to iAudio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back