Ian Anderson
Jun 8, 2005 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kazoom

New Head-Fier
Hi all
280smile.gif
!

These days I'm listening to Ian Anderson's "Rupi's Dance".

I found it "by change"... at first impact I was skeptic (seeing in the cover this man playing the flute) but when I listened to the cd I remained really impressed
orphsmile.gif
!
Listen to Ian Anderson with headphones is amazing
280smile.gif
!

Do you know any other artist playing this kind of music (I mean a mix of classical and modern music)?

Thanks a lot!

Jun 8, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 7
Yes I know
biggrin.gif
but I listened to some songs by Jethro Tull and they seemed to be more rock (I would like something more "acoustic")...

maybe I listened to the wrong songs?
Can you give some good tracks titles?

Any other artist?

Thanks a lot
280smile.gif
!

Jun 8, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 7
You should definitely check out his other solo albums, The Twelve Dances With God, and The Secret Language of Birds. There may be others, but I have these and they are both as excellent (((especially with headphones))) as Rupi's Dance. They are all so melodic, easy flowing, seemingly effortless, so clean and crisp. For Tull fans, it's nothing like what you would expect. No lyrics, just a brilliantly expressive flute player with a nice supporting cast. Kind of jazz flute, I guess you would call it.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
If you like Ian Anderson, check out some music by a band called Jethro Tull.

wink.gif

OOh one of my favs....

Jun 10, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
OOh one of my favs....

Me too
biggrin.gif

I think that a band called "Gentle Giant" makes music very similar to Ian Anderson's solo work. Sure, it's not on the same "ye olde" level, and it's certainly more "rocking" - but if you can deal with electric guitar, they still do a lot of really interesting things - Gentle Giant incorporates violin, flute, and other great things into their music.

Additionally, Yes is known for taking works from classical artists, and doing a lot of classical guitar work. They aren't a very heavy group compared to others, but you will have to deal with electric instruments and some heavier passages at times (but by no means are they metal, and thank God for that).

Hope this helps any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back