Iams pet food, Animal testing!
Sep 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 34
meh come to think of it my cat end up eating more meat than me, even when he eats his pet food. whnever i prepare chicken (which is at least 3 or 4 times a week) he gets a full bowl of nice scraps. My cat is probably the laziest cat ever, doesnt even use his cat flap, just miaus untill we open the door for him.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #32 of 34
This your cat?

250px-Garfieldstuffed.jpg

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #33 of 34
essentially, just that hes alll black. might upload some nice pics i got of him in the photography section. his green/brown eyes make for hillarious pictures when opened wide.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two cats, a four-month-old female kitten and a twelve-year old male cat.

Less than $20 a month would actually be cheaper than what I spend on grainless cat food... I'll need to think on this.

If you have a Costco near you, it's even easier. Conveniently packaged, Foster Farms Chicken Thighs with skin and bone in is about $9 for a huge amount of chicken. (It's priced at a little over a dollar per pound) Lasts about a month with my dog.

Since there is no excess grain garbage filler, your cats will thrive on far less food than they were eating before.

Extra supplements like organ meat (liver, hearts, etc.) you can get quite cheap at any local supermarket.

As for feeding technique, it depends on the animal. I feed raw (the best way). If you can get over the squeamishness of handling raw meat, it's quite easy after that. No cooking, only prepping is freezing and thawing, and clean up after (although cats are far cleaner than dogs with eating and clean themselves. My little dog makes a big mess that I clean up after, LOL.) I'm a bit of a germaphobe, but even I got over it.

Some cats (and dogs even) can be pretty picky when starting off, so you may have to partially cook the meat to start, by just quickly searing the outside of the meat in a pan, so only the surface is cooked and the inside is raw. But if your pets are like my dog, she took to it very quickly.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or just ask in this thread.

There is also a very helpful forum (email group, technically, speaking, I wish there was a regular forum for raw feeding.).

rawfeeding : Raw Feeding for dogs and cats!

Some helpful info here as well, dispelling common myths about raw feeding.

The Many Myths of Raw Feeding

I have successfully been raw feeding my dog for about a year and a half.

2206923945_e0c9f7780f.jpg

Edwood_Mojito_11-26-06_01.jpg

Here's a YouTube video of my dog eating some raw chicken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG5aLvv0tvc

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back