Iams pet food, Animal testing!
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

olblueyez

Banned
IamsCruelty.com >> Features >> Anna Nicole Smith Dogs Pet-Food Maker Iams Over Deadly Experiments

IamsCruelty.com >> An Iams Gallery of Misery

IamsCruelty.com >> Features >> Special Delivery for Iams: Animal Tests Stink!

Dont know what you guys feed your pets but here is something to check out.
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 34
We use Hill as well. Here is something I add to the food we give our cats everyday. http://www.petvetdirect.com/home.asp...aA644F8auHY4-- Made a big difference for both cats, shinny furr, less shedding, no dandruff, more energy, and calmer are some adjectives to describe the improvements we noticed. Been using it for about 2 years now. 1 bag for 2 cats lasts about 2 months. Get a bag and at least give it a try. Its available for dogs too.
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 34
Meh, my cat is short haired and has as shiny a fur as possible. Might give that a go though once he get older (5 months now) and starts to "loose" his now plentifull energy.

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 34
I have tried some of the ones on the best list and these suckers wont eat the stuff, picky mofo's. Im gonna go and try another type again, now you have going to the pet store tomorrow.
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 34
That report is terribly biased... it doesn't even mention why the animals are kept in such conditions or what they are testing. That said, sounds pretty bad, though.

Sep 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That report is terribly biased... it doesn't even mention why the animals are kept in such conditions or what they are testing. That said, sounds pretty bad, though.

Seems to me that it doesnt matter what they are testing for, that is not how you treat animals.

Sep 25, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #11 of 34
The title of this thread is ironic. Animal testing with Pet Food?

Anyways, I won't feed that crap they call Pet "Food". If you ever read the ingredients, you'd never touch the stuff yourself.

I feed my dog real food. I shop for it at my supermarket in the meat isle, not the pet "food" isle.

-Ed

Sep 25, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 34
I am not too sure about dogs, but cats are obligate carnivores. They can't digest anything else. So, it's not a good idea to feed them most cat food in existence, because it's made up of mostly corn and/or rice.

Before Grain is a good brand, because it contains no grain at all; the only filler used is potato starch, which cats can utilize to a degree. Since I got it for my cats, they eat less, are healthier, have much softer and shinier coats and they defecate less often. The defecation is also much less stinky.

Sep 25, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

defecation

whats with the long words? you could have sayd poo..

returning to pet foods, the corn/grain is there as a filler to go throuh the cats digestive tract, the real nourishment comes from vitamins and proteins sprayed onto the food. thats why some are better then others. some have more/less or certain vitamins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back